PDA

View Full Version : Ireland v Canada

Jon'o
29/10/2003, 10:38 AM
The fai site has said we are playing canada on tuesday november the 18th..... surely we could have tryed harder to get a better team to play against?

Dodge
29/10/2003, 11:00 AM
Does it really matter? Seriously...

SÓC
29/10/2003, 11:14 AM
Kerr should use this as a chance to try out fringe players and player who were with the U-21s. Like the way Scotland had their Future Squad. Crowe, Delap, O'Flynn (if back to fitness and form), Kavanagh, Steven Kelly, Andy Reid, Graham Barrett and that Centre back who plays with Forest should all get called up.

John83
29/10/2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Kerr should use this as a chance to try out fringe players and player who were with the U-21s. Like the way Scotland had their Future Squad. Crowe, Delap, O'Flynn (if back to fitness and form), Kavanagh, Steven Kelly, Andy Reid, Graham Barrett and that Centre back who plays with Forest should all get called up.

If Delap is the future of Irish football, I'm defectiong to the IRFU. :)

Don't forget Miller, Butler and Healy, though I think Thornton will unfortunately still be injured. I'd like to see Morrisson get another start too.

That centre back is called Johnson or something like that, isn't he?

Slash/ED
29/10/2003, 1:03 PM
Thompsons his name isn't it?

As for the quality of the opponents I think they've got it right. Trying out youngsters in a no pressure game we should win gives them a chance to express themselves and not be intimidated which is important for the confidence of the youngsters. If we were playing france and lost 4-0 they'd take a while to recover. As it is we should see the best of Andy Reid and co.

Ozymandias
29/10/2003, 4:08 PM
Thompson is his name

tricky_colour
31/10/2003, 1:34 AM
Originally posted by Ozymandias
Thompson is his name

John Thompson.:ball:

tricky_colour
04/11/2003, 1:36 AM
Originally posted by Jon'o
The fai site has said we are playing canada on tuesday november the 18th..... surely we could have tryed harder to get a better team to play against?

Canada world ranked 83, I can see us getting a result...probably.