PDA

View Full Version : Bohez to pay the penalty??

S.E.P.1990
29/10/2003, 10:42 AM
Just a thought on last nights game. When Shels scrambled the ball into the net and a penalty was given instead do people agree it could have been the turning point of the championship race??

If Jayo had missed it was good night Irene last night, as i couldnt see Shels coming back at that stage. I think this could have had a knock on effect - it would have been 2 losses to Rovers and 1 to Bohs in the last half a dozen games and, in conjunction with the last minute escape against Cork and the draw in Derry could have been confidence destroying.

As it is we have given our local rivals a good kicking and are high in confidence again. Bring on the Bohez!!

(obviously i must bear in mind that old wifes tale - one swallow doesnt make a summer football champion.......)

wws
29/10/2003, 10:51 AM
yet another person who doesn't know the laws of the game

law 10 presumably was applied to the letter, sounds to me like the ref called it 100% right

Read The PDF files here before commenting on the LAWS OF THE GAME!!!! (http://www.fifa.com/en/game/laws.html)

S.E.P.1990
29/10/2003, 12:44 PM
presumption is the mother of all f ups!

anyhow if the laws of the game were correctly applied in every game we wouldnt have anything to talk about afterwards..... it is the fallible nature of the ref and players which makes the sport so talked about

Slash/ED
29/10/2003, 2:01 PM
It was also important for Jayo to get that goal for himself. He's done a bit without it and it could have ended up another 8 weeks, espically after a bad miss early on, but as soon as he stuck it in you knew he was odds on to get another.

Thought Baker turned the game meself. I'm not his biggest fan but he put in a great preformance and scored an important goal which will give us a selection headache between him, Weso and Ollie.

S.E.P.1990
29/10/2003, 2:23 PM
Totally agree with your points Slash/Ed. Usually i am struck dumb (with annoyance) by Baker but this time, when the chips were down, he put in an excellent display. It will give us more options if and when we need to turn a game between now and the end of the season.