View Full Version : Satanic Sluts on the Late Late Show

24/11/2008, 1:45 PM
No football on Friday may have drove me insane BUT I'm fairly certain that when flicking through TV station on Friday night I saw the previously ****ed by Russell brand "Satanic Sluts" perform a weird kinda half striptease in front of a latex clad gimp on the Late Late last Friday. It was thoroughly unsexy but I made myself (and the wife) watch it waiting for Pat Kenny's reaction. It went something like "There they are, the Satanic (noticeable pause as he shisfts in seat) Sluts - sure you'd see more in a marks and Spencer lingerie ad"

Truly, one of the bizarrest things I've witness on Irish TV. I think its repeated during the week and you sould definitely try and catch it.

24/11/2008, 1:47 PM
Just reading in the paper about this at lunchtime. Apparently they only agreed to come on the show if they could perform. The sluts are clearly using their 15 minutes of fame.

Irony of ironies but apparently RTE had numerous complaints! :D

Is that repeated Monday nights?

24/11/2008, 1:51 PM
It would never have happened on Gay Byrnes watch :p

24/11/2008, 2:00 PM
At least they didn't book them for the Toy Show.

24/11/2008, 2:14 PM
It was very much cringe tv, their "performance" was ridiculous.

At least they didn't book them for the Toy Show.Toy Show is overrated, even the competition winner didn't want to go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeFiOi0bTiI)

24/11/2008, 2:41 PM
Legend. The face of Kenny.

24/11/2008, 4:01 PM
Toy Show is overrated...

Too commercial now with toy companies just using as free advertising. They will also get kids to review wildly expensive toys & Pat will look like awkward in a creepy old man way.

24/11/2008, 8:38 PM
It would never have happened on Gay Byrnes watch :p

Was there not an episode with Gay Byrne that had an order of lesbian nuns from the USA & the punk group The Damned as guests.

The old dears had the phone lines melting with complaints :D

24/11/2008, 10:29 PM
If every complains to RTE will they get rid of the Plank? I haven't seen it but maybe the Irish Daily Mail could tell me how offended I am?

It worked in the UK...

24/11/2008, 10:32 PM
http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/

Scroll down for the sluts.

24/11/2008, 10:35 PM
If every complains to RTE will they get rid of the Plank? I haven't seen it but maybe the Irish Daily Mail could tell me how offended I am?

It worked in the UK...
I think it'd be easier to bring communism to the opressed masses here than get rid of Kenny. We'd have to find that he was responsible for a series of murders across the country before they'd consider removing him, and even then there'd be a small chance that they'd just give him another raise.

25/11/2008, 8:13 AM
Daily Mail campaign begins (http://www.greem.co.uk/daily_mail_images/QiTZl3Ea4e.jpg)

25/11/2008, 8:33 AM
No wonder Manuel doesnt speak to her anymore, what was that, hitting someone with a breakfast roll? If feel sorry for Brand.

25/11/2008, 8:40 AM
Daily Mail campaign begins (http://www.greem.co.uk/daily_mail_images/QiTZl3Ea4e.jpg)

Very good.

Saw it last night. Classic Late Late TV. Pat Kenny says something like "...I think Ia ma going to enjoy this...we haven't had a chance to see this in rehearsals..." before they start. Once I heard that knew would be good.

Muted applause by the audience as I don't think they knew what the do.

25/11/2008, 8:42 AM
Didn't see it, but from Dodge's description, it doesn't sound much different to Boyzone's Late Late debut.

25/11/2008, 9:01 AM
Didn't see it, but from Dodge's description, it doesn't sound much different to Boyzone's Late Late debut.

I saw it and to tell the truth the Boyzone dance was sexier :eek:

Think of it as over weight ugly birds that cant dance, Brand should be ashamed with him self for doing her no wonder he took of to america.

25/11/2008, 10:04 AM

I remember thinking at the time and indeed to this day that the musical director, researcher or whoever else rubber stamped the Boyzone appearance should have been summarily sacked.

This isn't a personal taste thing ...though I've no interest in boyzone or boybands in general. Just the idea that someone could have an inside track like that to get his cashcow, from a stone cold start ...I think they'd only "rehearsed" the previous day or something, onto the flagship programme of a national broadcaster that collects a licence fee appalled me.

Without wading too deep into John Waters territory -it summed up a lot of what was wrong and rotten about this little country.

25/11/2008, 10:35 AM
Think of it as
Stop right there!

25/11/2008, 12:58 PM
No football on Friday may have drove me insane BUT I'm fairly certain that when flicking through TV station on Friday night I saw the previously ****ed by Russell brand "Satanic Sluts" perform a weird kinda half striptease in front of a latex clad gimp on the Late Late last Friday. It was thoroughly unsexy but I made myself (and the wife) watch it waiting for Pat Kenny's reaction. It went something like "There they are, the Satanic (noticeable pause as he shisfts in seat) Sluts - sure you'd see more in a marks and Spencer lingerie ad"

Truly, one of the bizarrest things I've witness on Irish TV. I think its repeated during the week and you sould definitely try and catch it.

I flicked on as the Satanic Sluts were being interviewed before the big gig. I think they liked to believe they were living on the edge and pushing the boundaries - but behind it all they were self conscious and prefacing their image with comments like "We don't dress like this all the time!!" :D

The "routine" was by degrees mortifying, cringeworthy and utterly hilarious in parts.

Afterwards, Pat tried to convey that he was "cool" with the sluts thing - but I think communal embarassment was the overriding vibe at the time. :D

25/11/2008, 1:06 PM
Do you know whats worse is just how many of us where in on friday night watching pat kenny ;)

MysticMon
25/11/2008, 1:09 PM
Absolutely brutal Performance......

25/11/2008, 2:12 PM
Do you know whats worse is just how many of us where in on friday night watching pat kenny ;)
Damn pre-season... :mad:

25/11/2008, 2:17 PM
ya exactly anto.

can someone tell me if the dance routine is on rte.ie

She is a minger though, they are all overweight and just sluts looking for publicity.

still though after a few pints im sure you would anto.

25/11/2008, 4:21 PM
ya exactly anto.

can someone tell me if the dance routine is on rte.ie

She is a minger though, they are all overweight and just sluts looking for publicity.

still though after a few pints im sure you would anto.

Sure they are better looking than my right hand and i do that every.......ah ive gone too far.

25/11/2008, 7:24 PM
N7cbd7b7MKo

AiK8z1G7nkg

forza rovers
25/11/2008, 8:59 PM
it was muck!

25/11/2008, 9:54 PM
bEEAJOOBv-8

While not a fan I think its very harsh to say they are overweight. I think there are many girls who would love to have their figures to be honest. If you think they are overweght you must be into real waifs. Then again, corpses don't tend to put on weight too much.

25/11/2008, 10:47 PM
I read the title and presumed the ones from the Afternoon Show had been on the Late Late...

25/11/2008, 10:54 PM
that was just weird. The silver gimp thing was HOT though... :D

26/11/2008, 9:26 AM
lads people just get a b in their bonnet about stuff and ye think that Pat the plank is always a plank, i thought he played it off fine, he didnt over-emphasise what they were doing but he made viewers aware that they realise it wasn't the norm for the late late.

Btw to be honest, if they were in bikinis people wouldn't have cared, however it seems black undergarments its offensive, though i spose when 2 of them crouched on the floor and did that thing strippers do (not that id know! :D) then its hard to defend it :)

Neill they have good figures wholesome looking but the picture i saw them on the londonpaper a while back they looked fatties.

To be honest that routine is cringeworthy though, I mean it looks like 3 drunk young girls were coecred into getting up on a table and dancing in their underwear. What exactly do they call it, performance art? Their parents must be so proud.....

26/11/2008, 11:57 AM
I don't really think they look wholesome looking now Paul.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wholesome

26/11/2008, 12:15 PM
They do say the camera adds ten pounds. Still, we're not exactly not talking Keith Foy-like wholesomeness..

26/11/2008, 12:35 PM
They are all eating breakfast rolls for god sake ....put it away fatty .

26/11/2008, 2:51 PM
They are all eating breakfast rolls for god sake ....put it away fatty .

Post Modern critique on the demise of the Celtic Tiger?

26/11/2008, 2:54 PM
Post Modern critique on the demise of the Celtic Tiger?

Pete, I think they sacrificed and ate the Celtic Tiger by the looks of things.

26/11/2008, 3:02 PM
As Krusty the Clown said after viewing an episode of 'Worker & Parasite' ...what the hell was that?

It was like a feature length link from the Kenny Everett show.

26/11/2008, 9:27 PM
Truly bizarre. Is that what they do then? If its meant to shock, they failed. If its meant to ehhh get fellas going, they failed. What is the point?

27/11/2008, 12:15 PM
They do say the camera adds ten pounds.

Exactly how many cameras were on them at the one time so? :confused:

27/11/2008, 3:40 PM
It appears that the media hype about weight has got to its peak if people think that they are overweight - those lassies were about right weight at most. They happen not to be very defined or toned, a la the ads for tanning salons and so forth, but if they were a couple of kilogrammes less, I suppose there would be another branch freaking out about how thin they are.

As regards the performance, I think it can be summed up in either of the following three letter selections:

FFS

or

WUM?

27/11/2008, 3:45 PM
Exactly how many cameras were on them at the one time so? :confused:

'Friends' called. They want their joke back. :)

27/11/2008, 5:09 PM
It appears that the media hype about weight has got to its peak if people think that they are overweight

I think their clothes made them look larger than they were for some reason. maybe have to be fairly thin to get away with wear skin tight leather/PVC.

28/11/2008, 9:46 AM
maybe have to be fairly thin to get away with wear skin tight leather/PVC.

Are you saying I'm fat now, is that it!:D

29/11/2008, 3:07 PM
I think their clothes made them look larger than they were for some reason. maybe have to be fairly thin to get away with wear skin tight leather/PVC.
Eh, I watched it too and their arses made them look large.

01/12/2008, 10:25 AM

What clothes?! :shock:

corkboy360
03/12/2008, 2:42 PM
i dont care what any of youse say, those girls are bleeding hot, they oooze sex...
agreed

03/12/2008, 3:18 PM
they oooze sex...

That happened me too a while ago , but I went to the clinic and it cleared up after a few weeks

03/12/2008, 3:31 PM
i dont care what any of youse say, those girls are bleeding hot, they oooze sex...

they oooze allright there fat arse's oooze out of those knickers