PDA

View Full Version : New Signings

Neil
28/10/2003, 12:23 PM
Who do we want to see arrive in the close season?

I'd like to see....

Kirby (Longford)
Frost and Clifford (Waterford)
Beasley (Drogs)

NorthoftheLee
28/10/2003, 12:27 PM
barret(longford)
myler(drogs)

couple of new midfielders..hunt anyone??? :)

Gary
28/10/2003, 12:31 PM
Clifford is on his way.

Beasley would be nice.

Steven Caffrey at Bohs would be a nice addition.

Steve O Flynn from Limerick

Barrett from Longford

Gamble from Reading (even though ive heard he has signed an extended deal with Reading)

Ciaran Martyn?

Also, i heard Dolan is interested in Brendan Sweeney. He already trains with us.

Also, im hearing that we are preparing a package for an English Division 1 player.

wonders who will be the first to say BBM?

Just wondering how many will be released.

Warren
Andrews
Mulconroy
Colin P
Casey
Deccie to officially retire

dalo
28/10/2003, 12:33 PM
defo those centre backs form waterford. thing is we need a midfield player of real substance - alan reynolds perhaps;)

fact of the matter there isn't anyone of the midfield mould a la osam or hunt who comes to mind. dolan may have to look a bit further a field parhaps. beasely looks good alright but he can blow hot and cold. that guy keogh for longford has a bit ofbite about him

i would like to have dave morrison with the club- a very good and underrated player. also a big strong target man to play up front, it would gaive a bit of variety to our play and allow o'callaghan to play deeper, as lets face he ain't going to get much more than 1 in 4.

i am dissapointed that cp o'brien hasn't made the breakthrough and that in general some of the u21 players don't look up to the mark . i reckon grady could be on his way

patsh
28/10/2003, 12:37 PM
Mark Clifford,
Steve O'Flynn as backup to John
Casey, Behan could be let go in their place.
Maybe loan Mucka, Carey and CP out to Cobh.
Would not like to see anyone else leave the club.

However, we have 2 new signings at the moment, will we see them at all this season?

pete
28/10/2003, 12:43 PM
At most half the current squad good enough to be retained. If current squad players can't make the bench & they out of contract then time to move on.

Club goal should be to get closer to fulltime squad & try to entice current eL Premier players to fulltime football at the cross.

rebelnorrie
28/10/2003, 12:56 PM
id love to see reynolds and cahill back,dan connor to replace devine aswell!!!

barret and myler are pretty good.

Ozymandias
28/10/2003, 12:58 PM
BBM is a second division player

Colm
28/10/2003, 1:25 PM
Mark Clifford- it seems he is already as good as signed.

Shane Barrett- I've been very impressed with what I've seen of him.

Steve O'Flynn- doing very well with Limerick and a player we should never have let go.

Beesley- Dolan seems to be very interested in signing him.

McPhee- He might be out the door at Pats after his outburst on Sunday.

one_bounce
28/10/2003, 1:43 PM
not sure about beasley... was at the drogs away game recently and didnt see anything special to suggest he'd strengthen our mf significantly... maybe he had an off night
myler had a very good game that night...
surely roy wants to come home at this stage of his career... we could prob. fit him into the squad somewhere;)

patsh
28/10/2003, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by Colm
McPhee- He might be out the door at Pats after his outburst on Sunday.
Why would we sign him?
I don't see that he is any improvement on what we have already.
He scored one goal against us, but has he done anything else?

Colm
28/10/2003, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by one_bounce
not sure about beasley... was at the drogs away game recently and didnt see anything special to suggest he'd strengthen our mf significantly... maybe he had an off night

I don't think Beesley was even playing in that game, I'm sure he was injured or suspended.

Originally posted by patsh
Why would we sign him?
I don't see that he is any improvement on what we have already.
He scored one goal against us, but has he done anything else?

I'm just throwing out a few options as we definately need a striker or two as back up to Flynn and Georgie. I think Barrett, McPhee and Steve O'Flynn would all be good signings (Barrett would be excellent) and are realistic targets.

patsh
28/10/2003, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by Colm
I'm just throwing out a few options as we definately need a striker or two as back up to Flynn and Georgie. I think Barrett, McPhee and Steve O'Flynn would all be good signings (Barrett would be excellent) and are realistic targets.
Fair enough, I'm not having a go at you, just wondering has he done very much this season?
I've seen very little mention of his name in any match reports or scoring stats.
I reckon Steve would jump at the chance to rejoin, but would he be welcome?

Hung Daddy
28/10/2003, 2:39 PM
We should try to sign Kevin McHugh if Finn Harps don't come up, he's fairly handy

Éanna
28/10/2003, 3:39 PM
1.Steve O'Flynn
2.Beasley from Drogs
3. A. N. Other- hopefully a very talented midfielder in the Kevin Hunt or Patsy Freyne mould, whose identity is unknown to us as of yet :)

dcnags
28/10/2003, 3:58 PM
1.Eamonn Zayed from Bray or Mchugh or Whitehead who seems to be on a good streak from Finn Harps

2.Definatly need a Kevin Hunt, Paul Osam, Patsy Freyne sort of player for midfield if we're considering challenging for the league and

3.John Frost or Mark Clifford.

Patsy has a young enough son at notts forest who is meant to be very talented and has played recently with ireland underage.

pete
28/10/2003, 4:39 PM
Morrison at Bohs is probably the form player in the league in last 2 months. Is he out of contract at the Bohs this summer?

If City somehow snatched 2nd spot from Bohs they'd have to offload some of their squad & city could accomadate a few of them...

:)

RedX
28/10/2003, 6:29 PM
There is a huge gap between first and Premier divisions so Steve O Flynn from Limerick(10 goals so far) might not be as good as you guys think.Alan Murphy is banging in the goals for Galway(19 so far) so maybe we should look at him?Being honest i dont think so.But maybe i am wrong.

Out of the players mentioned from above i would pick Clifford from Waterford,John Frost(best left back in the league)and Joe Gamble who might be available start of season.I also like the look of Alan Reilly with Waterford.

According to todays Sun newspaper Stockport County are interested in Barrett from Longford.There is a quote also from Sammy McIlroy so it must be true..

golly
28/10/2003, 8:15 PM
zayed, clifford, myler, kirby, barrett, any two of these would b very nice what bout alan cawley from ucd i think he would b a good aquisition.

Éanna
28/10/2003, 8:31 PM
Originally posted by RedX
There is a huge gap between first and Premier divisions so Steve O Flynn from Limerick(10 goals so far) might not be as good as you guys think.Alan Murphy is banging in the goals for Galway(19 so far) so maybe we should look at him?Being honest i dont think so.But maybe i am wrong.
I've only seen murphy once this season, and being honest he did not impress me a huge deal. I don't think he'd be anywhere near as prolific in the premier, that said it was only one game. O'Flynn impressed me when he was at City previously before Gunther shafted him, and I've seen him 12-15 times since, 7 or 8 times this season, and every time I've seen him he looks like he could do a job for us. I reckon himself and Flynny would be a great combo.

Originally posted by RedX
Out of the players mentioned from above i would pick Clifford from Waterford,John Frost(best left back in the league)and Joe Gamble who might be available start of season.
Clifford would be a handy addition, as would gamble. Not sure about Frost to be honest. I'm not billy woods biggest fan, but he's doing ok at left back and I'm not sure if replacing him would be for the best. Also Frost is waherfur captain so who knows if he'd want to move?

Éanna
29/10/2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
And if we can't find a player, can we build one using the latest bionic technology, a little help from the National Micrelectronic Research Centre near the Mardyke, and videos of Frankenstein and The Six Million Dollar Man...
would that mean breaking the eL transfer record :confused: :)

vito_golightly
29/10/2003, 3:52 PM
Mark Clifford definitely is NOT signing.

fonzi
29/10/2003, 7:53 PM
mmm.
anyone for keith byrne?

James
30/10/2003, 7:33 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
And if we can't find a player, can we build one using the latest bionic technology, a little help from the National Micrelectronic Research Centre near the Mardyke, and videos of Frankenstein and The Six Million Dollar Man...

cause god knows once gerry wrixton got into power in UCC he diverted even more money down to the NMRC, surely there aint nothing those wonderful ppl cant do now..
:rolleyes:

liamon
30/10/2003, 7:50 AM
Originally posted by James
..... the NMRC, surely there aint nothing those wonderful ppl cant do now..

Except quality research.

Useless bunch of coffee drinking, tax money guzzling, lazy.....wrong forum, so I'lll stop now.

tiktok
30/10/2003, 11:05 AM
i suppose the NMRC could do the research, they should have a working model by sometime in 2013;)

I'd like to see us add

Steve O'Flynn and Shane Barrett up front
Joe Gamble and Dave Morrison in midfield

James
30/10/2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
Steve O'Flynn and Shane Barrett up front

to play upfront with john o flynn and kevin doyle
4 man strike force..deadly idea :)
dont think the 2 lads wud be too happy coming to cork to play on the subs bench..
think we need to focus on quality central midfielders

SÓC
10/11/2003, 11:04 AM
Just bringing this back up. Looking at realistic targets;

Dolan needs to take a look at Alan Cawley who plays in the middle for UCD.

Caffery might be getting ****ed off at Bohs with Hunt, Heary, Morrision and even Harkin ahead of him for selection.

Neale Fenn is out of contract at Waterford at the end of the season.

Éanna
10/11/2003, 11:24 AM
joe gamble got barnet's first goal in their FA cup game on saturday. decent finish from inside the box