PDA

View Full Version : UK "C" Selection 2 - Poland 3

Boh_So_Good
19/11/2008, 11:31 PM
Well done Poland. I was cheering for you all evening. Nothing like real national pride and a sense of one's true cultural identity both as a player and as supporters to give a team the extra edge. The Polish fans did their country proud. It must have been an education in how to be a real footbal supporter to all the UK "C" Supporters in their British club regalia. Spirit of the Empire failed them tonight.

MariborKev
19/11/2008, 11:34 PM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=106725

irishultra
19/11/2008, 11:39 PM
war are u talking about?

danonion
20/11/2008, 1:31 AM
Yawn, terrible thread.

Crosby87
20/11/2008, 2:01 AM
Makes about as much sense as a Shane McGowan reading of Shakespeare.

Morbo
20/11/2008, 2:01 AM
Meh I've seen much better windup attemps but good luck in getting a few bitters

Noelys Guitar
20/11/2008, 2:20 AM
He is partly right. I applaud your viewpoint Boh so good. Good for the guy.

SkStu
20/11/2008, 3:37 AM
Yawn, terrible thread.

give it a chance... :D

and he is partly right...

Kevin77
20/11/2008, 4:57 AM
Great thread. I agree. Why stop at avoiding players that play in Britain. Why not ban the ones that have ever been there on trial too? That would eradicate most of the Eircom League players too. Let's go a few steps further. It's about time that we only played players that have never left their parish, that still suckle at their mothers teat, that go to Mass every Sunday, have never spoken in the Imperial tongue and would bleed for the memory of the Lord Elvis Presley.

Then we'd get some great passionate performances. And we all know that guarantees results

lankyboy26
20/11/2008, 7:14 AM
Great thread. I agree. Why stop at avoiding players that play in Britain. Why not ban the ones that have ever been there on trial too? That would eradicate most of the Eircom League players too. Let's go a few steps further. It's about time that we only played players that have never left their parish, that still suckle at their mothers teat, that go to Mass every Sunday, have never spoken in the Imperial tongue and would bleed for the memory of the Lord Elvis Presley.

Then we'd get some great passionate performances. And we all know that guarantees results
and only players with "O" and "Mc" in their names can play for the Republic, and they must recite Amhran na bhFiann constantly during the match, in addition to this they all must have "Eire 32" on their jerseys and at the end of every game Giovanni makes them sit around and say the Angelus

Billy Lord
20/11/2008, 7:26 AM

Did you notice that the Polish fans knew how to support their team while the paddies sat there, clueless? Nothing to do with Elvis or the pope. Or the players. Oireland fans are pathetic.

redgav
20/11/2008, 8:02 AM
Sometimes I wonder how many of you lot actually go to games .It was a great Polish atmosphere and crappy Irish one,so what !!! There were 1000's of them there ,kinda reminded me of us in Paris and it'll probably be the same in Rome in April

lankyboy26
20/11/2008, 8:07 AM
Did you notice that the Polish fans knew how to support their team while the paddies sat there, clueless? Nothing to do with Elvis or the pope. Or the players. Oireland fans are pathetic.
maybe the "oireland" fans should've started ripping up the seats and wrecking the stands when we went a goal down?

Lionel Ritchie
20/11/2008, 8:12 AM
I thought this thread title started UK C Section and would be bringing happy news of bundles of joy for expectant father Richard Dunne.

Instead we have a flaming muppet rant. Oh well.

MariborKev
20/11/2008, 8:14 AM
There were 1000's of them there ,kinda reminded me of us in Paris and it'll probably be the same in Rome in April

I'll take anyone's money that we won't generate an atmopshere half as good as that one.

ifk101
20/11/2008, 8:30 AM
I think Tom Humphries says it best;

"Nobody celebrates home like those separated from it."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2008/1120/1227136942179.html

elroy
20/11/2008, 8:46 AM
I think Tom Humphries says it best;

"Nobody celebrates home like those separated from it."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2008/1120/1227136942179.html

Thats an excellent quote alright, Irish fans away from home almost always put the home team to shame. Same with us at home.

eirebhoy
20/11/2008, 8:49 AM
All in here:
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=106725

What a thread title btw. :rolleyes: If only you could remember the great Irish travelling fans. And if only you knew what it would be like if Ireland played abroad in a country where there was 100,000 Irish.