PDA

View Full Version : Longford Town - FAI Cup Champions 2003

Sinéad
27/10/2003, 12:23 PM
Longford Town -

It may have took 79 years but it was worth it!

Glory

Victory

Champions

AT LAST!

C'mon the Town!!!

gustavo
27/10/2003, 1:19 PM
well done longford ye deserved yere day in the sun!

max power
27/10/2003, 1:36 PM
yesterday a moment that will live with me for the rest of my life happened, in front of me grown men cried as barry ferguson lifted the fai cup. the players, the management, the backroom staff, the board members, and all of us should be very proud of everything we achieved. from 20 people in abbeycarton to yesterday....and the best thing is its only just begun !!!!!!!!!

see yee in somewhere in europe !!!!

Maz
27/10/2003, 2:20 PM
Absolutely unreal......cant find words to describe yesterday! Fair play to everyone of da lads they really did us proud!!!

town r goin 2 europe!!

Estar
27/10/2003, 4:49 PM
Well done lads, congrats. Have ye built the new trophy cabinet yet:D

Bosco
27/10/2003, 6:40 PM
Originally posted by Estar
Have ye built the new trophy cabinet yet:D
If ya'v any wood handy.
I don't know what to say.Yesterday was just beautiful.Everything about it.In terms of singing atmosphere it wasn't great but to be honest i don't care right now

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSS

A face
27/10/2003, 7:33 PM
Longford make history

Longford Town captured the first senior trophy in their 80-year history when beating St Pats 2-0 in the FAI Cup final today (Sunday) at Lansdowne Road.

There was no denying the vale of Longford’s win as they also missed a penalty and struck the woodwork.

Longford took the lead just after the half hour through a deflected Sean Francis goal and Barry Ferguson also missed a first-half penalty before Shane Barrett put the game beyond ten-man Pats’ reach with a late second.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/faicup/story.asp?newsid=8226)

parnell ranger
28/10/2003, 9:23 AM
Congratulations, not just on winning but how ye did it.
was an excellent performance by all.

Robinski
28/10/2003, 10:04 AM
Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the match on the box. The fans made loads of noise and Lansdowne looked good.

Congratulations Longford, it was your day and you deserved the victory.

caolan
28/10/2003, 10:18 AM
Congratulations to all in Longford, despite the sheer heartbreak and emotional turmoil that I'm feeling following out defeat, we never deserved it. Longford are deserved winners of the cup and I wish you guys the best for the rest of the season and your european adventures next year, enjoy them!

steveo
28/10/2003, 12:22 PM
Congrats and well done from all at Cork City Supporters Club.
Great performance on the day from both team and fans.
Looking forward to seeing some of you at The Cross on Tuesday next ( if ye have time to take a break from the celebrations and if ye have any cash left !!! )

Stephen O'Callaghan,

Chairman C.C.S.C.

ger121
28/10/2003, 12:34 PM
was at the game and I thought the better team won on the day. Good crowd, atmosphere, pitch was excellent and a good game. Overall another good day for the el. Well done Longford!!!

Dodge
28/10/2003, 1:12 PM
Originally posted by ger121
was at the game and I thought the better team won on the day. Good crowd, atmosphere, pitch was excellent and a good game. Overall another good day for the el. Well done Longford!!!
I second that. Fair play

Enda M
28/10/2003, 1:13 PM
what a day for ltfc and the celebrations in town topped it off europe here we come

Schumi
28/10/2003, 1:29 PM
Well done, definately the better team. After the heartbreak in the last two finals, I'm delighted that you won.

Pauro 76
28/10/2003, 3:03 PM
Absolutely amazing, id a good feeling we'd win, but not this way! An absolute pleasure to be part of and an amazing game to watch, with a finish to give us all heart attacks! Well done Town, may there be many more days like this!!!!! :cool:

Aberdonian Stu
28/10/2003, 3:06 PM
Well done lads. Having watched the game with ye I can honestly say I don't recall anything like the scenes I was happily witness to last Sunday at a game involving el clubs ever, it was simply unreal.

mighty murph
28/10/2003, 3:15 PM
Just after watching the game on video again. it'd still bring a tear to your eye. just want a thank the lads for a great day and a savage night. well done boys ye were brilliant.

paudie
29/10/2003, 12:36 PM
Congrats to Longford on a great win.

Great for all the people who have obviously worked so hard to build the infrastructure of the club up over the last few years.

Might even see some of the eL haters in the press take an interest in the clubs progress.

Doubt it though.