PDA

View Full Version : BNP member list leaked

Pages : [1] 2 3

thischarmingman
19/11/2008, 10:14 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/nov/18/bnp-membership-list-leak

Quite a few afraid of losing their jobs including the 2 Scottish Premier footballers, half a dozen teachers, close to 100 serving soldiers and Prison officers on the list:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=32095749&postID=300681785381908982

:)

bennocelt
19/11/2008, 10:30 AM
Wonder how many Foot.ie boys are on the list - a few of those mad feckers from Limerick maybe?:)

thischarmingman
19/11/2008, 10:35 AM
Wonder how many Foot.ie boys are on the list - a few of those mad feckers from Limerick maybe?:)

Someone from a post office in Co. Galway (I'm afraid to publish more on this site), and a man from Santry. There's a few from Northern Ireland too. It's a bad leak alright, there's all sorts of details including occupations, mobile numbers and hobbies. Nick Griffin's phone number is there too.

Dodge
19/11/2008, 10:47 AM
Do British civil servants sign a similar agreement to irish civil servants precluding them from being a member of any political parties.

Pauro 76
19/11/2008, 11:08 AM
Read somewhere that Stuart Pearce's brother is on the list too. Can I say that? Delete if so...

Dodge
19/11/2008, 11:09 AM
Found the list (its linked on boards.ie if anyone wants it)

Some interesting stuff there. Fist guy on it lives in a caravan site. Loads of retired peoel

Dodge
19/11/2008, 11:11 AM
Oh and my favourite listing

name
Address
Former policeman. Lecturer in human rights/data protection

LOVFL

thischarmingman
19/11/2008, 11:13 AM
"'Member describes himself as a witch: potential embarrassment if active."

Teeheehee.

pineapple stu
19/11/2008, 11:20 AM
A Mr Zaturowski is a member.

Anyone else see the irony in that?

Dodge
19/11/2008, 11:23 AM
Some other job listings

Horse racing tipster
Journalist (sports)
High profile sportsman
Satirist/journalist
Journalist (sports) working on radio worldwide. (Seminar experience)

thischarmingman
19/11/2008, 11:23 AM
There's a professional golfer, quite a few public speakers, and also:

Mr
Tony
Blair
XX Victoria Gardens
XXXXXXXXX
Co Durham
DLXX XXX
07789 XXXXXX

Dodge
19/11/2008, 11:27 AM
Translator (professional: French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese)

he hee hee he.

Loads of Irish names in there too (including one as Gaelige from Sligo)

Royal rover
19/11/2008, 11:30 AM
can someone tell me where i can find this link or post it

pineapple stu
19/11/2008, 11:31 AM
See Dodge's post.

thischarmingman
19/11/2008, 11:33 AM
can someone tell me where i can find this link or post it

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/British_National_Party_membership_and_contacts_lis t%2C_2007-2008

Dodge
19/11/2008, 1:29 PM
Loads of Irish names in there too (including one as Gaelige from Sligo)

Actually, I just figured this out as a fake name.

John83
19/11/2008, 3:02 PM
I recall once seeing white supremicist literature stuck to the inside wall of a portaloo in United Park. It advised that white women sleeping with non-whites were diluting the purity of the race and such sluts should be ashamed of themselves, and it incouraged people to join the BNP. I wonder if it's still there.

Just read the article there.

...It is not information that should be in the public domain," he added. "We are always receiving death threats."
Receiving?

pineapple stu
19/11/2008, 4:04 PM
Wikileaks is overloaded by readers
:p

pete
19/11/2008, 4:16 PM
Can't see how people could be sacked from their jobs for being members of the BNP. I presume it is still a legal political party? Going to be very awkward for certain members but I suppose if they feel the BNP has nothing to hide why should they be ashamed/embarrassed...

John83
19/11/2008, 4:28 PM
Can't see how people could be sacked from their jobs for being members of the BNP. I presume it is still a legal political party?
I don't know about in general, but I'd imagine some public jobs come with a no political affiliations requirement (I think the Irish civil service does).

brendy_éire
19/11/2008, 4:37 PM
Do British civil servants sign a similar agreement to irish civil servants precluding them from being a member of any political parties.

Not in the NI civil service. May be different for the British one.

Mr A
19/11/2008, 5:05 PM

I'm not sure the BNP is right wing enough for some of them nutters.

Dodge
19/11/2008, 6:34 PM
Can't see how people could be sacked from their jobs for being members of the BNP. I presume it is still a legal political party? Going to be very awkward for certain members but I suppose if they feel the BNP has nothing to hide why should they be ashamed/embarrassed...

British police are barred from being members of BNP. Possibly army too

Panorama did an undercover thing a couple of years ago into BNP in the British police

Sheridan
19/11/2008, 6:52 PM
Police are (due to equality legislation), but army aren't. Apparently it's okay to give a racist a rifle, but not a truncheon.

thischarmingman
19/11/2008, 7:26 PM

If I was an employer, I'd be checking applicants for jobs against the list.

bennocelt
19/11/2008, 8:30 PM
Read somewhere that Stuart Pearce's brother is on the list too. Can I say that? Delete if so...

well thats no surprise since Stuart was a bit of a Nazi in his younger days (was reported on before) - i suppose he kind of had to be really - since he was into punk as well

jebus
19/11/2008, 8:33 PM
British police are barred from being members of BNP. Possibly army too

Panorama did an undercover thing a couple of years ago into BNP in the British police

Police, army, health service and education are all barred from being in the BNP, so anyone on that list who is employed in these sectors are gonna get sacked.

Can't say I care too much about the horrible racists to be fair

BohsPartisan
19/11/2008, 9:03 PM
I don't know about in general, but I'd imagine some public jobs come with a no political affiliations requirement (I think the Irish civil service does).

The police for example have a rule that you can't be a member of any organisation that promotes racism. Prison service too I think.

pete
19/11/2008, 10:12 PM
The police for example have a rule that you can't be a member of any organisation that promotes racism. Prison service too I think.

Promotes racism seems a grey area. Could the UKIP be included in that? Coukd religious organisations he deemed to promote racism?

BTW I am in no way defending the BNP.

Funny reading some BNP blogs where they are turning on each other crapping themselves when see their name on the list. Bizarre that it would appear to include the ages of some people (mentioned that was younger women) & also their hobbies.

Macy
20/11/2008, 7:36 AM
i suppose he kind of had to be really - since he was into punk as well
Yeah, because being into punk equals racist. :rolleyes:

Might just be as rigourously enforced as here - I know civil servants who've ran for their parties National Executive ffs.

bennocelt
20/11/2008, 8:06 AM
Yeah, because being into punk equals racist. :rolleyes:

Might just be as rigourously enforced as here - I know civil servants who've ran for their parties National Executive ffs.

as a punk myself (in so much that i have a huge collection of punk records, have gone to many punk concerts and was born in 77!!!:)
- it is part of the scene:rolleyes::

The Good Son
20/11/2008, 8:46 AM
was born in 77!!!:)

As someone who was born well before 1977, I'd say you could be well wide of the mark. The majority of punks I'd know or used to know, would be completely and strongly disgusted with racism. You always had hangers on from the start, like some of the idiots who followed Sham 69 and the like, but the vast majority of 77 punk bands and fans would be very insulted by your ridiculous accusation. I wouldn't be up top date with the modern punks, but the fact that the most mentioned bands as influences these days, would be the likes of Dead Kennedys, The Clash & anarcho types like Crass as opposed to filth like Skrewdriver would lead me to believe that todays punks are, in the vast majority as sickened by racism as was the class of 77 . If it's part of the scene as you say it's a tiny minority of idiots as it always was.

Mr A
20/11/2008, 8:49 AM
I used to be racist but now I just like to have a nice cup of tea.

gspain
20/11/2008, 8:52 AM
You'll probably fuind the BNP claims to be anti racist. The Klan do in the U.S. as well. Many blatantly racist and sectarian organisations claim to be the opposite.

Magicme
20/11/2008, 9:38 AM
I see the Adams family is well represented but cant see Cousin It.

jebus
20/11/2008, 10:27 AM
as a punk myself (in so much that i have a huge collection of punk records, have gone to many punk concerts and was born in 77!!!:)

Obviously there's an element that listens to punk that is racist, but there's probably a bigger element nowadays that are part of things like the ALF, in Limerick last year, for example, there were two college students who took iot upon themselves to post up racist posters, and urged the Irish and the Poles to unite to drive Africans and people with dark skin out, and it was the punks I know that used to spend their evenings walking around town making sure these signs got ripped down the moment they went up

anto1208
20/11/2008, 12:21 PM
Obviously there's an element that listens to punk that is racist, but there's probably a bigger element nowadays that are part of things like the ALF, in Limerick last year, for example, there were two college students who took iot upon themselves to post up racist posters, and urged the Irish and the Poles to unite to drive Africans and people with dark skin out, and it was the punks I know that used to spend their evenings walking around town making sure these signs got ripped down the moment they went up

It was a misprint it was ment to say drive them out .... to the cresent shopping centre .

bennocelt
20/11/2008, 4:44 PM
As someone who was born well before 1977, I'd say you could be well wide of the mark. The majority of punks I'd know or used to know, would be completely and strongly disgusted with racism. You always had hangers on from the start, like some of the idiots who followed Sham 69 and the like, but the vast majority of 77 punk bands and fans would be very insulted by your ridiculous accusation. I wouldn't be up top date with the modern punks, but the fact that the most mentioned bands as influences these days, would be the likes of Dead Kennedys, The Clash & anarcho types like Crass as opposed to filth like Skrewdriver would lead me to believe that todays punks are, in the vast majority as sickened by racism as was the class of 77 . If it's part of the scene as you say it's a tiny minority of idiots as it always was.

yeah thats all fair enough- but your average Skin head listens to quite a lot of punk and hard core rock - and i think you will also find a lot of racist punk bands out there - Sham attracted a lot of strange ones themselves, and SLF had a good few tunes that were no doubt misinterpreted too - i mean jesus what else would a nazi listen too !!!!!
(we all know most punk bands were actually quite left leaning - but it most be all the spitting and tight haircuts that attracts -that or all the head banging!!!):rolleyes:

its association - just like rednecks and the KKK probably love the old country and western songs

on a side note - during the Stuttgart game waiting for the ryanair plane to London was stuck in amongst a few tough nut cases from London returning from Germany from a punk festival - all had the various Nazi tattoos etc and were real ****ed off to see all the "****ing paddies" arriving into the terminal -
- curious did anyone else see these guys - one Irish guy refused to sit by the only vacant seat left on the plane which was right beside one of these guys -

shakermaker1982
20/11/2008, 8:38 PM
if there are Irish people on that BNP list they need to be put down with a lethal injection. I mean do they know what the BNP stands for? Bunch of Nazi's.

jebus
20/11/2008, 9:24 PM
if there are Irish people on that BNP list they need to be put down with a lethal injection. I mean do they know what the BNP stands for? Bunch of Nazi's.

What about the P? Are you taking it?

It was a misprint it was ment to say drive them out .... to the cresent shopping centre .

I always wondered why my Parkway shopping punk friends were so upset by those posters....

Sheridan
20/11/2008, 9:28 PM
I don't see how belonging to the BNP is any more reprehensible than being a member of Sinn Fein. At least the BNP's brand of violent nationalism is largely aspirational.

HarpoJoyce
20/11/2008, 9:50 PM
I don't see how belonging to the BNP is any more reprehensible than being a member of Sinn Fein. At least the BNP's brand of violent nationalism is largely aspirational.

I agree with you. I felt the reason there wasnn't a far right party in this country was because of the policies of Sinn Fein.
Anyway, BNP have prettier colours to chose from too.

Macy
21/11/2008, 7:48 AM
but your average Skin head listens to quite a lot of punk and hard core rock
But it was only an element of skinheads that were racist as well - there were as many left wing anti-fascist skinheads, and a lot of skinheads were apolitical. Far too many generalisations, and dare I say clichés, bennocelt....

Macy
21/11/2008, 7:50 AM
I agree with you. I felt the reason there wasnn't a far right party in this country was because of the policies of Sinn Fein.
So we don't have a far right party because of the presence of what would be considered (at least until recently) as a far left one?

bennocelt
21/11/2008, 8:02 AM

you would be surprised

i remember reading that Nick Griffin often took holidays in Kerry?

And many BNP members appear to have strong Irish links - but from what I can see they seem to think of Ireland as part of the great white Great Britain - just that we haven't come around to that idea yet - a bit like what we think of the Protestants up north - they don't know they are Irish yet - bless em!

was two guys from Westmeath and two Polish trying to set up a far right org last year - got caught in the Wicklow mountains !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny how the Poles are into all this stuff - considering the BNP seem to be pretty tough on them in Britain and considering their history.
Would love to meet those two muppets though - one was from Moate - must be a real hot bed of fascism -

shantykelly
21/11/2008, 8:05 AM
sure the poles were nearly as bad as the nazis in their attitudes towards the jews.

gspain
21/11/2008, 8:33 AM

Not as bad obviously but the BNP are still pretty reprehensible.

Dodge
21/11/2008, 8:40 AM
sure the poles were nearly as bad as the nazis in their attitudes towards the jews.

Care to elaborate

Macy
21/11/2008, 8:49 AM
Care to elaborate
It was all the punk skinhead poles fault...

Lionel Ritchie
21/11/2008, 9:42 AM
Care to elaborate

Few countries had a particularly good attitude to Jews back then. I'm guessing he's implying that mainstream Polish society wasn't entirely unhappy to see the ranks of their Jewish fellow citizens thinned out. That being the case the Poles would not have been at all unique.

It's believed for example that the Nazis in occupied France would periodically give lists of people they wanted rounded up (often Jews and often never seen again) to the French gendarmerie who then frequently exceeded these quotas.

As for the BNP, I dislike them because they pander to the worst instincts in people. I know some really good people who've told me they'd vote for them given a chance and I despair of it. But parties like the BNP lure them in because they peddle easy answers ...someone to blame and someone to kiss it all better.

We don't really have a comparable political institution here in Ireland ...Youth Defence and whatever else Justin and the Nic Mathunas are calling themselves these days would be the closest but these wingnuts tend to espouse a similar back of a cornflakes box Republicanism as Republican Sinn Fein or the IRSP ...this in turn frustates alliances with UK right wingers like the BNP as their support would have more than a smattering of sympathisers for Loyalist paramilitarism.