PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Cobain Documentary

Wolfie
17/11/2008, 1:08 PM
Showing on More 4 on Tuesday 18th November at 10pm

Kurt Cobain - About a Son is a documentary about Kurt Cobain that debuted at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival. It is directed by AJ Schnack. It was produced by Sidetrack Films.

It features audio of interviews between Cobain and journalist Michael Azerrad done for the book Come As You Are: The Story of Nirvana, set over ambient cinematography of the places in which Kurt Cobain called his home, mainly Aberdeen, Olympia, and Seattle. The film has played numerous film festivals, and was nominated for the 2007 Independent Spirit's Truer than Fiction Award

Pike B
18/11/2008, 12:42 PM
Showing on More 4 on Tuesday 18th November at 10pm

Kurt Cobain - About a Son is a documentary about Kurt Cobain that debuted at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival. It is directed by AJ Schnack. It was produced by Sidetrack Films.

It features audio of interviews between Cobain and journalist Michael Azerrad done for the book Come As You Are: The Story of Nirvana, set over ambient cinematography of the places in which Kurt Cobain called his home, mainly Aberdeen, Olympia, and Seattle. The film has played numerous film festivals, and was nominated for the 2007 Independent Spirit's Truer than Fiction Award
Let me save you the trouble..... Here's the story..

'I'm famous but I don't want it. I just love the art man.. I just wanna dress like a bum and be left alone.. No I can't have that? Ok then BANG...'

Wolfie
18/11/2008, 12:54 PM

'I'm famous but I don't want it. I just love the art man.. I just wanna dress like a bum and be left alone.. No I can't have that? Ok then BANG...'

KURTS DEAD??? :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Pike B
18/11/2008, 12:55 PM
KURTS DEAD??? :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Sorry friend it's true. Seems being a gazziollnaire and being loved by millions really bummed him out...

Wolfie
18/11/2008, 1:01 PM
Sorry friend it's true. Seems being a gazziollnaire and being loved by millions really bummed him out...

Oh right. It wasn't that whole clinical depression and profound heroin addiction thing..........................

Pike B
18/11/2008, 1:01 PM
Oh right. It wasn't that whole clinical depression and profound heroin addiction thing..........................
Nope... :)

paul_oshea
19/11/2008, 11:44 AM

:D good man wolfie!

jebus
19/11/2008, 11:43 PM
Don't worry aboput Pike B lads, his favourite band are Red Hot Chilli Peppers, who never took a drug in their lives he'll have you know ;)

Billsthoughts
20/11/2008, 7:10 PM
:rolleyes:
yet you will accuse pike b of being a "wummer"....the very fact he just says what he likes rather than what might push his muso credentials with other anoraks means id listen to his opinion over yours anyday.

anyways..
remaking the same patchy album 3 times does not a legend make cobain

HarpoJoyce
20/11/2008, 7:36 PM
Cripes posters are measuring the hoods on their anoraks (a word from Greenland.....).

I didn't see the documentary but I'd like to ask did any of Nirvana's music feature? as Courtney Love may still have the copyright. She didn't allow any music she controlled for Nick Broomfield's Kurt and Courtney.

jebus
20/11/2008, 8:39 PM
yet you will accuse pike b of being a "wummer"....the very fact he just says what he likes rather than what might push his muso credentials with other anoraks means id listen to his opinion over yours anyday.

anyways..

Somebody still upset about being paddled as a WUM I see? Aww shucks Bill it's such a shame you think the bands I 'pretend' to listen to means I'm a muso, it really is :D

I don't think I've said he's a wummer either, more that he's an annoyance with a terrible taste in music and humour. He's got decent taste in movies though, oddly enough, but I guess the fact that we watch things that aren't the run of the mill means we're both looking to pretend we're cool with our Filmo mates in your world Bill. Sucks to be you to be fair, so many opinions, so few people that care :)

Billsthoughts
20/11/2008, 9:15 PM
terrible humour?
from someone who hasnt made one witty comment EVER....

jebus
20/11/2008, 9:16 PM
terrible humour?

Personal opinions Bill, we all got them, some say I'm funny, some say I'm not, either way I'm sleeping sound tonight.

The Internet really isn't serious buisness after all

Billsthoughts
20/11/2008, 9:24 PM
Personal opinions Bill, we all got them, some say I'm funny, some say I'm not, either way I'm sleeping sound tonight.

The Internet really isn't serious buisness after all

not funny ha ha tho...

paul_oshea
21/11/2008, 10:02 AM
terrible humour?

:D

Am I the only that found this hillarious? Both as a statement and fact?! But also as a witty comment!

Wolfie
21/11/2008, 1:15 PM
anyways..

Whoever said he was a legend? :confused:

Neish
22/11/2008, 4:16 PM
Anyone know if this is to be shown on C4?

sadloserkid
26/11/2008, 2:26 PM

I actually found this funny. And not wholly inaccurate either. :)

Lim till i die
30/11/2008, 2:18 AM
I actually found this funny. And not wholly inaccurate either. :)

Indeed.

Anybody thinking about sitting through the tedium of the documentary don't bother, Pike B sums it up.

A shocking debut which rose to mediocrity in patches.

An empty, boring, but nice and loud and angst ridden for the kiddies second album.

And a rubbish, unlistenable, sludge of a third album.

There be Nirvanas musical legacy.

paul_oshea
01/12/2008, 10:23 AM
Unplugged was a great album.

gustavo
01/12/2008, 10:26 AM
Call me a man of simple pleasures then unable to recognize subtelty or nuance but I really enjoyed their 2nd and 3rd studio albums :D

Wolfie
01/12/2008, 12:38 PM
Indeed.

Anybody thinking about sitting through the tedium of the documentary don't bother, Pike B sums it up.

A shocking debut which rose to mediocrity in patches.

An empty, boring, but nice and loud and angst ridden for the kiddies second album.

And a rubbish, unlistenable, sludge of a third album.

There be Nirvanas musical legacy.

Despite starting this thread - I'd be fairly indifferent to Nirvana.

I just thought I'd mention it to anyone that might be interested that the Documentary was on!!

Note to self: Don't bother in future.

sadloserkid
01/12/2008, 3:23 PM
Thought the first, as debut albums by 'punk' bands go was ok. Which is to say that's it's not worth buying.

'Nevermind', while over-rated, is genuinely one of the albums of the 90s I suppose. 3-4 excellent tracks on it. I'm definitely not a Nirvana fan by any stretch but still think it's a worthy effort.

Personally I think 'In Utero' is absolutely terrible, a morass of musical and lyrical ideals, that just never goes anywhere.

Nirvana, in my not so humble opinion, were by far and away the worse of the four grunge 'heavyweights'. I can't fathom why they're any more credible than say Puddle Of Mudd or Creed.

paul_oshea
01/12/2008, 3:43 PM
POM.xml were crap and i couldn't fathom how anyone would suggest them to be any other. Creed on the other hand are a great band, with great lyrics and catchy riffs to match.