PDA

View Full Version : Munster v All Blacks

PinBallWizard
17/11/2008, 12:35 PM
If this thread could be kept objective I would be very grateful,without the customary slagging off of Munster rugby
I know the club auctioned 2 VIP tickets at the Trap gig and Im wondering if anybody at the club knew where I might get two of any description at this stage? Iwould be happy to make a nice donation to the club if possible

THANKS

Lim till i die
17/11/2008, 4:00 PM
If this thread could be kept objective I would be very grateful,without the customary slagging off of Munster rugby

Munster Rugby Sucks!!!

joeSoap
17/11/2008, 4:44 PM
Give him a break...seems a reasonable, honest request.

Bad news though...they're like the proverbial hens teeth. Good luck.

Lim till i die
17/11/2008, 4:47 PM
Give him a break...seems a reasonable, honest request.

When he's not on here on whinging or $hite stirring he's on here looking for rugby tickets?!?!?! :rolleyes:

joeSoap
17/11/2008, 4:51 PM
Can't blame a guy for trying I suppose.

Lim till i die
17/11/2008, 4:53 PM
Can't blame a guy for trying I suppose.

You don't see me on the Munster forums looking for Limerick tickets :p :)

joeSoap
17/11/2008, 4:55 PM
Just wait a few seasons til we're playing Barcelona in Thomond Park in the Champions League....you'll be lookin for them then...;)

jebus
17/11/2008, 7:27 PM
Munster :D:D

Jokeshop of an entity (don't want to call it a club really)

Football MaD
17/11/2008, 10:18 PM
Ye make me laugh. Munster are the only successful sports team in ireland atm.

GenerationXI
18/11/2008, 8:16 AM
Just wait a few seasons til we're playing Barcelona in Thomond Park in the Champions League....you'll be lookin for them then...;)

Are you Gael in disguise?

gspain
18/11/2008, 9:19 AM
I don't think slagging off Munster rugby does us any favours.

There is a strong rugby tradition in Limerick and they are incredibly successful. However they have always been more than helpful to senior football in the city. Thomond Park has always been available for big cup matches, european games and friendlies. I've no doubt it will be in the future too.

Furthermore when we are successful again we'll have a lot of bandwaggon jumpers too.

sadloserkid
18/11/2008, 9:38 AM
Ye make me laugh. Munster are the only successful sports team in ireland atm.

Kilkenny hurlers anyone?

jebus
18/11/2008, 9:57 AM

There is a strong rugby tradition in Limerick and they are incredibly successful. However they have always been more than helpful to senior football in the city. Thomond Park has always been available for big cup matches, european games and friendlies. I've no doubt it will be in the future too.

Furthermore when we are successful again we'll have a lot of bandwaggon jumpers too.

I used to think so as well, until they all sold the AIL down the river so they could pretend they've all supported a team that wasn't there all their lives.

Irish people, we deserve the looks we got off our British neighbours when it comes to supporting teams

Buzzer
19/11/2008, 9:00 AM
I used to think so as well, until they all sold the AIL down the river so they could pretend they've all supported a team that wasn't there all their lives.

Irish people, we deserve the looks we got off our British neighbours when it comes to supporting teams

munster rugby has always been there!!!
longer than some of the clubs in the AIL.
it has ,granted ,be re-packaged and brought to a level that no one could have dreamed off 10-15 years ago.
but isn't that what ye are trying to do in limerick f.c.????
glass houses,stones anyone!!!!
don't forget,that most of yere players are produced by junior clubs...
so is not the same as munster/AIL situation??????
cop on to yourself

harpin
19/11/2008, 9:49 AM
longer than some of the clubs in the AIL

AIL Clubs were bigger than Munster

have dreamed off 10-15 years ago

Yeah no one would have dreamed Senior Rugby in Limerick would attract such small numbers

so is not the same as munster/AIL situation??????

No

Buzzer
19/11/2008, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=harpin;1061520]AIL Clubs were bigger than Munster

what's the difference between boh's,shannon.y.munster et al producing players,those players being signed to academy contracts etc. with munster.
and limerick taking players up to play "A" football,under 20 league etc. from junior clubs.
what ever about AIL clubs being bigger that munster.
listen 20 odd years ago you couldn't swing a cat in thomond park at a munster senior cup match....along came the AIL and blew that comp. out of the water...it's called progression kid...get used to it!!!!!

harpin
19/11/2008, 10:40 AM
what ever about AIL clubs being bigger that munster.

should have said Senior teams in Limerick

listen 20 odd years ago you couldn't swing a cat in thomond park at a munster senior cup match....along came the AIL and blew that comp. out of the water...

Yes but you still had a big following of the likes of Shannon, Munsters etc., now it's completely on its a*se. I was at Charity Cup Finals between Thomond and Marys that attracted more crowds than the interpros

Progression pah..no nowts in Jester hats from Kilkenny and the likes

Don't call me kid..thanks chief

Buzzer
19/11/2008, 10:43 AM

Yes but you still had a big following of the likes of Shannon, Munsters etc., now it's completely on its a*se. I was at Charity Cup Finals between Thomond and Marys that attracted more crowds than the interpros

ok bud

Lim till i die
19/11/2008, 5:49 PM

Kilkenny hurlers anyone?

I agree with all of these sentiments. :p :)

Monkfish
20/11/2008, 12:06 AM
I know the club auctioned 2 VIP tickets at the Trap gig and Im wondering if anybody at the club knew where I might get two of any description at this stage? Iwould be happy to make a nice donation to the club if possible

THANKS

Wrong forum, site, sport, whatever.

Mods! sort it out! :p

Lim till i die
20/11/2008, 12:16 AM
Mods! sort it out! :p

Mungerton OUT!! :p

Football MaD
28/11/2008, 5:03 PM
Kilkenny hurlers anyone?
Professional sport!!!, of course there will be a successful team in a sport that is played in this country only.

sadloserkid
29/11/2008, 1:07 PM
Professional sport!!!, of course there will be a successful team in a sport that is played in this country only.

How many professional sports are there in this country then? Rugby and half the top tier of our football league basically. At that stage the figures involved are too small to be of any relevance.

Also at that stage how many 'successful' professional sports teams are there in Belgium (to choose one country with a far broader population base than ours)? Nothing with any recent international success comes to mind to me.

And given that rugby is played professionally in what, nine countries maybe, (and even then Ireland, Wales and Scotland couldn't muster a dozen proessional teams between them) how telling is that in terms of overall excellence and end product?

Bohemians could certainly claim to be a 'successful' sports club after a double also? And are Munster a 'club' or a heavily subsidised franchise?

GenerationXI
01/12/2008, 10:33 AM
How many professional sports are there in this country then? Rugby and half the top tier of our football league basically. At that stage the figures involved are too small to be of any relevance.

Also at that stage how many 'successful' professional sports teams are there in Belgium (to choose one country with a far broader population base than ours)? Nothing with any recent international success comes to mind to me.

And given that rugby is played professionally in what, nine countries maybe, (and even then Ireland, Wales and Scotland couldn't muster a dozen proessional teams between them) how telling is that in terms of overall excellence and end product?

Bohemians could certainly claim to be a 'successful' sports club after a double also? And are Munster a 'club' or a heavily subsidised franchise?

Why must you always rag on Belgium?! They gave us TinTin for God's sake! :mad:

joeSoap
01/12/2008, 10:43 AM
Why must you always rag on Belgium?! They gave us TinTin for God's sake! :mad:

And Belgian Waffles....

And Eddy Mercyx....

And very imporantly...Jean Marc Bosman

And Audrey Hepburn

And Jean Claude Van Damme

And Kim Clijsters

Don't diss Belgium man....

Buzzer
01/12/2008, 11:36 AM
And Belgian Waffles....

And Eddy Mercyx....

And very imporantly...Jean Marc Bosman

And Audrey Hepburn

And Jean Claude Van Damme

And Kim Clijsters

Don't diss Belgium man....

"fine wines and belgian chocolates" swiss tony style

sadloserkid
01/12/2008, 3:06 PM
Belgium, Switzerland... whatever! :rolleyes::)

Lim till i die
01/12/2008, 11:30 PM

All cheese eating surrender monkeys the lot of them.

GenerationXI
02/12/2008, 11:45 AM

Wait, I like Belgium and all, but now you're comparing Europe's industrial slag heap to it's most cultured and wealthy cousin!?

How the hell did this thread start again?

And who the hell is muckles?

sadloserkid
03/12/2008, 4:15 PM
And who the hell is muckles?

I think it's the Flemish translation of 'Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey'. Or 'Jean Claude Van Damme', I forget which...

Lim till i die
05/12/2008, 2:37 PM
"What's Belgium famous for? Chocolate and child abuse, and they only invented the chocolates to get to the kids."