PDA

View Full Version : Dunne ready to rumble

A face
15/11/2008, 6:52 PM
Dunne ready to rumble

Watch Bernard Dunne fight live on RTÉ Two and rte.ie, LIVE on Saturday, 15 November: Benard Dunne has weighed in at 122 pounds for his fight with Cristian Faccio at the Breaffy House Resort, Castlebar; Faccio weighed-in a pound lighter for the fight, at 121 pounds.

Former EBU super bantamweight champion Dunne, told press at the weigh-in: 'I'm 28 now so I know I need to step up to the mark and test myself against the big names at world level and hopefully 2009 will be all about that but for now the only thing I'm thinking about is beating Cristian Faccio and getting another win under my belt.

Read more at www.rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2008/1115/dunneb.html)

bellavistaman
15/11/2008, 8:07 PM
Hope he gets hammered

passinginterest
15/11/2008, 8:09 PM
I quite like him. Seems to have learned a bit since the disaster against Matinez. Nearly all boxers are arrogant showmen, Dunne is no worse than most, if anything I think he comes across as a fairly nice fella outside the ring.

Dodge
15/11/2008, 8:21 PM
I quite like him. Seems to have learned a bit since the disaster against Matinez. Nearly all boxers are arrogant showmen, Dunne is no worse than most, if anything I think he comes across as a fairly nice fella outside the ring.

Agree with all of that. I met him once. Nothing big headed about him at all.

passinginterest
15/11/2008, 8:49 PM
Decent first fight there. My god Jimmy McGee is getting annoying in his old age. Fair play to the Russian fella coming in at the last minute and putting on a good show.

A face
15/11/2008, 9:08 PM
Yeah fair play but Coyle was good as well, he had a bigger stature and the Russian didn't throw enough punches but he was good. Hadn't heard of him before.

TheBoss
15/11/2008, 9:15 PM
Decent first fight there. My god Jimmy McGee is getting annoying in his old age. Fair play to the Russian fella coming in at the last minute and putting on a good show.

I think he has always been annoying, that is a sort of catchphrase on him. :)

passinginterest
15/11/2008, 10:05 PM
Dunne was very good. Horrible clash of heads, some cut, think it was probably the right call to stop it. A pity because it looked like some big punches were being loaded up for the last few rounds.

A face
16/11/2008, 1:19 AM
Dunne was very good. Horrible clash of heads, some cut, think it was probably the right call to stop it. A pity because it looked like some big punches were being loaded up for the last few rounds.

Yeah, was really looking forward to that. And he is probably gutted he didn't get to unleash for the last few rounds. Before the gut that guy was nearly gone, he wouldn't have lasted much more if Dunne upped a gear.

tetsujin1979
16/11/2008, 3:32 AM
Nearly all boxers are arrogant showmen
they have to be. if you don't think you're bigger, badder, and better than the othe guy in the ring, you may as well not get in the fight at all