PDA

View Full Version : Galway game

pete
14/09/2001, 1:54 PM
Don't know if can make it yet but just wondering any takers to make the trip from dubland?

Might be able to leave Dublin City @ 5pm tuesday earliest but would we make it?

Galway is 136 miles from Dublin, & 110 from Enfield (got to be 2 hours from Galway)........

Any takers?

Peadar
17/09/2001, 10:22 AM
Give me a shout Pete I'm up for the Galway trip.

Peadar.

pete
17/09/2001, 10:38 AM
Sorry Peadar you've been banned from as may City games as we can get stop you going to! Just look at the progress during you absense? All City points while you not at the game ;)

Still don't know if will try 'n make the trip myself anyway..........got to check what traffic slike at around 5 getting out of the big smoke......

James
17/09/2001, 10:39 AM
nope, can confirm T-boy is no longer the jinx.
Saw him yesterday at the X.

Peadar
17/09/2001, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by James
nope, can confirm T-boy is no longer the jinx.
Saw him yesterday at the X.

You bet I was at the Cross yesterday and I saw some very inspiring performances from the young lads. Pat Morley was involved in so much and has to be one the most dedicated players in the LOI. I must have a whole roll of film taken of skippy. Colin P O'Brien was afraid of no one and was clearly delighted to score his first City goal on his home debut. He knew where to go to celebrate too and it was great for the shed as they finally found their voice. Alan Carey was brilliant and was very willing to have a go. O'Grady and Cahill didn't really get going until the last 20 minutes or so but they both did well. Horgan was very impressive as well. Devine played a key roll in making up for the failures of Coughlan and Daly. They seem to lack a genuine understanding and failed to help eachother out on a few occasions. Flanagan wasn't bad but we need someone who will put their foot on the ball and build an attack from the midfield. We allowed Shels too much time in the centre of the park and they were able to feed the wingers from there. I think that Herrick would have reduced this and we could have won more comfortably. We deserved the 3 points make no mistake. Two big games against two of the big boys and two wins. I blame Gunther! If we want to have any chance of staying in the relegation zone then we have to sack him.

pete
17/09/2001, 11:50 AM
If Peadar wasn't the jinx how did we win yesterday? :confused:

Earliest could leave for Gaaaaaalway would be around 5 o clock, trying to figure out what dub traffic like at that time of day. Might need a compass if go any further west than the midlands though.

Will try 'n make decision tonight..........

I think that trouble maker Scotty expressed an interest in the galway trip too. If you interested lemme know too....... ;)