PDA

View Full Version : Top half finish!

SSwanderer
15/11/2008, 2:17 AM
Well done to the lads on 6th place finish, its more than anyone expected of us. Hopeflly we can build on it next season. Some great young lads comin thru, bright days ahead hopefully!

naoise kennedy
15/11/2008, 10:49 AM
Well done to the lads on 6th place finish, its more than anyone expected of us. Hopeflly we can build on it next season. Some great young lads comin thru, bright days ahead hopefully!
more than i expected.. yes well done.. a few young lads coming through but i feel too many lads could be leaving cos they were not given a chance this season..

bray boy
15/11/2008, 12:27 PM
hmmm wheres all this positivity coming from???

we have overachieved a lot this season i think 6th place is very flattering.

Next season is going to be a long long season for us we'll be certianly fighting for survival :(

Seagull
15/11/2008, 5:07 PM
hmmm wheres all this positivity coming from???

we have overachieved a lot this season i think 6th place is very flattering.

Next season is going to be a long long season for us we'll be certianly fighting for survival :(

Jeez, you're a pessimist! The season is over, sixth place is a great achievement. We'll worry about next season when the time comes, for now- :D

centre mid
15/11/2008, 5:15 PM

9th will do, we will be alright next year.

Hulsey
15/11/2008, 6:06 PM
9th will do, we will be alright next year.

Great season but I agree with the seagull, 6th has flattered us a bit. We deserved to stay up comfortably, but top half finish was very fortunate.

Next season could be a struggle depending on who goes and if a replacement is brougth in for the person who leaves. Some of the young lada are good raw talents for the future, but if we rely on them to keep us up I fear we could go the way of ucd. You need experienced heads in withe the kids, and if Daz. Gough and Kenny join Myler in retirement, which is a distinct possibility, we could be in trouble

centre mid
15/11/2008, 7:24 PM
one up one down next year, Drogheda may not be in the league so you have either Dundalk or Shels to come up, neither have been outstanding to me when i've seen them.

Hulsey
17/11/2008, 2:04 PM
We should be 8th because of the Cork and Drogheda situation,but i have to say next year will be very tough for us

We would have finished 7th had it not been for the cork and drogs point deduction. Cork still finished ahead of us