PDA

View Full Version : Dan Murray on Trial at Leeds

Billynomates
14/11/2008, 9:15 AM
Heard on the news this morning that Dan Murray is off to Leeds United on trial next week. He still ahs not been offered a new contract. Surely this will just start an exodus of high profile stars from City next year. Who is next? Gamble? Healy?

A face
14/11/2008, 10:21 AM
Heard on the news this morning that Dan Murray is off to Leeds United on trial next week. He still ahs not been offered a new contract. Surely this will just start an exodus of high profile stars from City next year. Who is next? Gamble? Healy?

It was always gonna happen. The chickens are look for a place to roost and we always knew this. Hate seeing the guy leave because he is right up there with some of the other ex-players that played for the club.

What ever happens, i think i could speak for all City fans when i say i wish him all best of luck for the future.

In our defensive foursome.
He is absolutely awesome,
From corners he will score some,
His name is Dan Murray !!!

Risteard
21/11/2008, 8:11 PM
It's difficult to find out how he's getting on with big names like Ian Harte and Malcolm Christie also fighting for a job there.

eamo1
21/11/2008, 8:53 PM
He's out of contract i assume yes?Its a pity as he would be worth a handy 6 figure sum id say.He's a quality defender,liked watching him in Terryland.

pete
21/11/2008, 10:58 PM
I believe he was offered a contract but maybe not what he expected. I would think if Leeds offer at least 18 months he will move. We don't have the money to keep our top players unfortunately.

Dan Murray would be a massive lose as he has been a brilliant player & captain in recent years. Dare I say best ever captain as he is a real leader.

Lionel Ritchie
21/11/2008, 11:26 PM
Hope he signs. the more Irish on the books at Leeds the better.

razor
22/11/2008, 7:11 PM
Hope he signs. the more Irish on the books at Leeds the better.Dan was born in Cambridge so no Irish increment there should he sign.

maroon ultra
22/11/2008, 7:31 PM
Why is it better to have more Irish at Leeds?

sligoman
22/11/2008, 8:06 PM
the more Irish on the books at Leeds the better.WTF?:confused:

DmanDmythDledge
22/11/2008, 8:17 PM
He supports Leeds. ;)

A face
23/11/2008, 11:09 AM
WTF?:confused:

Exactly :eek:

yiddo
24/11/2008, 2:05 PM
tonight's Echo

Murray returns from week-long trial at Leeds
by Noel Spillane
CORK CITY skipper, Dan Murray was back on Leeside yesterday after a week’s trial with Leeds United at Elland Road.
The Cambridge-born centre-half played one game for the Leeds reserves in a 2-0 win over Lincoln City in mid-week.
Murray who led Cork to the Setanta Cup for the first time this year was one of four other trialists to play for the reserve team at Leeds training ground at Thorpe Arch.
“I got to play the full 90 minutes and I was pleased with that and we won the game as well. I got to play at centre-half
and I had lads like Peter Sweeney, Peter Huntington and an Irish lad Alan Sheehan who was at Leicester City in the team
with me.
I think if they were going to sign me up they would have made a move by now,” said Murray. The City skipper who is
keen to stay on Leeside is hoping to meet club chairman Tom Coughlan this week to begin talks on a new contract.
Murray said it was “a good experience” to go on trial to Leeds where he worked with manager Gary McAllister and Academy director Neil Thompson, one of six coaches at the club.
[/QUOTE]