PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk or Shelbourne

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lilywhite Army
13/11/2008, 7:05 PM
SO what are peoples toughts on this..Obviosley the league is Shels to throw away now..But who would people like to see win

White Horse
13/11/2008, 7:09 PM
Let's see. :rolleyes:

centre mid
13/11/2008, 7:12 PM
Dundalk

sligoman
13/11/2008, 7:17 PM
Shels.

RonnieB
13/11/2008, 7:24 PM
Dundalk.

Aaron
13/11/2008, 7:26 PM
Dundalk

Rovers1
13/11/2008, 7:29 PM
whichever....opposition is opposition

Mr A
13/11/2008, 7:35 PM
Shels. But only because I backed them earlier in the year.

Lim till i die
13/11/2008, 7:36 PM
Dundalk.

No more Thursday night madness.

BohDiddley
13/11/2008, 7:41 PM
Dundalk.

DmanDmythDledge
13/11/2008, 7:41 PM
Dundalk.

Dundalk as well but don't see why they would change from Thursdays.

Splurge
13/11/2008, 7:42 PM
Dundalk.

Agreed, that and the fact that their fans were a disgrace both times they were in Wexford this yr. So the premier division is welcome to them.

Lim till i die
13/11/2008, 7:44 PM
Dundalk as well but don't see why they would change from Thursdays.

Oh they wont

But it wont effect us for at least a year. ;) :)

shep
13/11/2008, 7:46 PM
Agreed, that and the fact that their fans were a disgrace both times they were in Wexford this yr. So the premier division is welcome to them.

???? explain,i was there both times and dont remember anything "disgraceful".Your lack of fans in Oriel since you joined the league is a digrace.

Martinho II
13/11/2008, 7:50 PM
dundalk for me

Maz
13/11/2008, 7:51 PM
Shels

KoemansCC
13/11/2008, 7:55 PM
Dundalk or Shelbourne

I'm not touching that with a bargepole ;)

GalwayRed
13/11/2008, 7:55 PM
no matter what happens now one things for sure......no more thursday night matches for me:p:) Im gonna say shels....i wonder why?:D

Splurge
13/11/2008, 8:09 PM
???? explain,i was there both times and dont remember anything "disgraceful".Your lack of fans in Oriel since you joined the league is a digrace.

Dundalk are the only fans that require a serious police presence, after both visits the "ultras" made a bad impression. Maybe more fans would turn up if you didnt play on a Tursday night, virtually no other club in the world play son Thursdays!

pineapple stu
13/11/2008, 8:14 PM
Dundalk are the only fans that require a serious police presence
You're in for a shock if you ever get promoted.

Dundalk for me. Don't want to go there next season.

Lim till i die
13/11/2008, 8:14 PM
Dundalk are the only fans that require a serious police presence, after both visits the "ultras" made a bad impression.

Brought easily the biggest away support to Limerick this year and we didn't hear a peep out of em

Serious police presence my Aras

DmanDmythDledge
13/11/2008, 8:18 PM
Oh they wont

But it wont effect us for at least a year. ;) :)
Ah right.:) Just read people say before that they would have to change if promoted so thought you meant that.

Splurge
13/11/2008, 8:23 PM
Brought easily the biggest away support to Limerick this year and we didn't hear a peep out of em
Serious police presence my Aras

Waterford brought bigger to our games and we all got on fine. It's just an element that we dont want to see.

Lilywhite Army
13/11/2008, 8:25 PM
everyone say a few orayers there for dundalk..eithier if you want them to win or are fed up thursday night games..HA we need every little bit of luck now

Ash
13/11/2008, 8:32 PM
Dundalk cos Im feckin sick of going to Oriel on a Thursday ... plus Im feckin
sick of getting hammered by them!

Youths4Ever
13/11/2008, 8:33 PM
would like to see Dundalk go up due to fact then did get screwed over a few years ago and Thursday nights are a pain in the ar**

the fans thing the first night down this year there was a "few" fans who had obviously had to much to drink and then went over board

Saying all that it is Shels to throw away at the moment

Don't think we have anything to worry about for a few years yet :D

Lim till i die
Waterford brought bigger to our games and we all got on fine.

How do you know Waterford brought more to your ground than Dundalk brought to Limerick??

The Waterford fans we hosted were grand aswell.

It's just an element that we dont want to see

Right Mossy.

:D :D :D

Look, in any large travelling group you're going to get one or two bad apples.

As someone else said above God help ye if wallace ever abandons the all local nonsense and you stumble into the Premier.

A face
Thursday nights is amateur, no to Dundalk. And the tete a tete's with Shels were great games, would like to see that happen again.

Lim till i die
13/11/2008, 8:35 PM
Thursday nights is amateur

:confused:

SMorgan
13/11/2008, 8:41 PM

Dundalk for me. Don't want to go there next season.

Why. Did the Shed singing "We all go to Trinity" get to you?

Lim till i die
13/11/2008, 8:42 PM
Why. Did the Shed saying "we all go to Trinity" get to you?

'Whoosh' :D

pineapple stu
13/11/2008, 8:46 PM
Why. Did the Shed singing "We all go to Trinity" get to you?
One of the few funny anti-UCD chants I've heard, that was. :D

It's just - how do I put this? - it's Dundalk.

A face
13/11/2008, 8:51 PM
:confused:

Why the confusion?

Inside Man
13/11/2008, 8:53 PM
Dundalk. Always had a soft spot for them because they always reminded me of ourselves for some reason.

Mr Maroon
13/11/2008, 8:55 PM
Grudgingly, Shels

Mr A
13/11/2008, 8:59 PM
Waterford brought bigger to our games and we all got on fine. It's just an element that we dont want to see.

I don't blame people for getting upset about away fans bringing a proboscine beast to the game. Sure it might go mental and trample the f**k out of everybody, or worse still the playing surface.

pineapple stu
13/11/2008, 9:06 PM
It's much improved in the past couple of years in fairness.

Lim till i die
13/11/2008, 9:13 PM
Why the confusion?

I guess I'm failing to see the link between "Thursday" and "Amateur"

It suits Dundalk and if I was a Dundalk fan I'd be fully behind it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again if every other club stood up to Dundalk they wouldn't be long cutting the Thursday nonsense.

As it is, why should they??

Schumi
13/11/2008, 9:17 PM
Dundalk for entriely selfish reasons. I'd rather not have to travel to Dundalk on a Thursday and a nearby away game againt Shels would be a welcome change next year.

oldyouth
13/11/2008, 9:17 PM
I've got to back up my friend Splurge. I've been to Oriel many times over the last 30 years and they have very passionate, knowledgeable fans who (frankly) deserve better than the 1st Division. However, some of the yokes that have visited Ferrycarrig Park don't deserve the title 'fans'. When we played them the 1st time at home this season and got hopped off 5-0, they continued the sick abuse to those around them, including women and young kids. I'd have expected a chorus of 'can we play you every week' or similar, but those ****s were bad out.

For the 2nd game, I had a grand auld football chat with many of their fans in the club house before the game but what was pitch side later on was a disgrace. Dundalk is a fine club and will soon be back where it belongs but leave some of those fools behind you

GalwayRed
13/11/2008, 9:24 PM
Dundalk!

They get good crowds,and tolka is a kip
Im guessing youve never been to Oriel Park then.Crowds good yeah but more of a kip than tolka

Lim till i die
13/11/2008, 9:27 PM
Im guessing youve never been to Oriel Park then.Crowds good yeah but more of a kip than tolka

Oriel is far tidier than Tolka IMO

GlasnevinRed
13/11/2008, 9:45 PM
Oriel is far tidier than Tolka IMO

Do you sit in the stand or in the away fans terrace. I'm obviously going to be biased but I can't see how the Oriel is nicer than Tolka

Terry
13/11/2008, 9:45 PM
voted shels, just on the basis that I dont agree with thursday night football

GalwayRed
13/11/2008, 9:54 PM
The away section at Oriel is cramped and has no shelter....well its cramped if your club has a good support anyway;) Dont see why people would be complaining about tolka. Loads of space for away fans and IMO its a nice ground

Lim till i die
13/11/2008, 9:54 PM
Do you sit in the stand or in the away fans terrace. I'm obviously going to be biased but I can't see how the Oriel is nicer than Tolka

I stand in the away fans terrace or the terrace at the front of stand depending on weather, both of which are spotless as these things go in Ireland.

Far more enjoyable IMO than the crummy away section in Tolka. You can see the whole pitch for a start. :ball:

Lim till i die
13/11/2008, 9:56 PM
The away section at Oriel is cramped and has no shelter....well its cramped if your club has a good support anyway;)

Are you for real??

That big concrete terrace you could fit your home crowd onto is "cramped"

Terry
13/11/2008, 10:06 PM
Are you for real??

That big concrete terrace you could fit your home crowd onto is "cramped"

i feel a song coming on.....

"Who ate all the ......... "

GalwayRed
13/11/2008, 10:18 PM
ok maybe im exaggerating so im going to quickly change the subject:) Isnt this uspposed to be a debate about who you want to see promoted not who has the nicer ground

Lamper.sffc
13/11/2008, 10:19 PM
obviously Shels for me. I cant think of a better and more deserving club than shels to go up. I just love how sporting fingal and shels have formed a special bond this year. OH wait who did i say again:eek:

Dundalk all the way i hope.