PDA

View Full Version : New Chairman

outside in
13/11/2008, 3:26 PM
Has something happened at the club that we havent been informed of, todays daily mirror has stated that Chairman Ned O'Donovan is leading negotiations to bring Hendo back to the club.

Anybody know anything I dont

pcplod
13/11/2008, 3:41 PM
Is Ned Donavon the new chairman?

And if he is i am delighted at the initative he has shown in bringing Hendo back to the club much credit is due in securing the clubs future by first securing its manager

Inside Out
13/11/2008, 4:45 PM
;)Ned has spent all his life involved in club and always had the club at heart.
This is the kind of Chairman that is needed.

MainManRam
13/11/2008, 6:49 PM
IMO the club needs a chairman from outside the circle who will bring clarity and honesty to the position. The days of having 'average joe' in charge have to come to an end. No more relatives - a club run professionaly with no emotion.(OFF the pitch anyway)

the sub
13/11/2008, 7:08 PM
Can u inform me why the chairman have so much power in cobh ramblers. In most clubs and commettes a chairman chairs the meeting and have only the casting vote ,

John83
13/11/2008, 8:33 PM
Can u inform me why the chairman have so much power in cobh ramblers. In most clubs and commettes a chairman chairs the meeting and have only the casting vote ,
In most small organisations, probably including a good chunk of LoI clubs, there's one guy who does about half the work. Often he has far more effective power than his title implies. Lots of people like that in this league.

Rambling Along
13/11/2008, 9:09 PM
Why can't this club ever let things lie????????

Hendo quit. Yet a group won't let him quit. We had an EGM. So then we had another EGM and so and so fourth.

Why can't our club just let what happens happen!!!

the sub
13/11/2008, 9:23 PM
In most small organisations, probably including a good chunk of LoI clubs, there's one guy who does about half the work. Often he has far more effective power than his title implies. Lots of people like that in this league.

Yes you would be correct if the chairman owned the club and invested his own money. But the chairman is elected by the members in the club to be a part of a commette who run the club for the members.
So again at meetings he chair the meetings and only have a casting vote if the votes of the commette are equal he at the end have the deciding vote.

the sub
13/11/2008, 9:25 PM
Why can't this club ever let things lie????????

Hendo quit. Yet a group won't let him quit. We had an EGM. So then we had another EGM and so and so fouth.

Why can't our club just let what happens happen!!!

Are you rambling again, what is wrong with a club or commette trying to hold onto one of their best assets. The Current Manager.
You do everything in your power to try and at the end if he still says NO at least you tried

don ramo
13/11/2008, 9:33 PM
Yes you would be correct if the chairman owned the club and invested his own money. But the chairman is elected by the members in the club to be a part of a commette who run the club for the members.
So again at meetings he chair the meetings and only have a casting vote if the votes of the commette are equal he at the end have the deciding vote.

barry aint gone, it was a typo, but the chairman is there to organise the commitee and have the clubs best interest in hand,

John83
13/11/2008, 9:38 PM
Your post and mine are not mutally exclusive situations.

marty
13/11/2008, 10:14 PM
Hes not the chairman,although I would like to see a change from the current disaster he wouldnt tick all the boxes imo.What we need is someone from the outside who knows how to run a business ie-with our current level of bad debt and he country the way it is id love to see the wage bill halved again and let the players who want to stay play,also it would enable a few more locals which is what the club needs.

6yardpunisha
19/11/2008, 2:48 PM
any update on when the information meeting is going to be, we were promised one within 2 weeks at the last one and then i heard there was going to be one a week after the last game of the season.

Are we going to be informed or just kept in the dark by the committee.We have no manager, all players out of contract,alledgedly no sponsor for next season, huge debts owed and no way of paying them off.

Time for hard decisions to be made if we are to have a LOI team next season

rambler14
19/11/2008, 4:24 PM
any update on when the information meeting is going to be, we were promised one within 2 weeks at the last one and then i heard there was going to be one a week after the last game of the season.

Are we going to be informed or just kept in the dark by the committee.We have no manager, all players out of contract,alledgedly no sponsor for next season, huge debts owed and no way of paying them off.

Posters in the club said within 7 days of the last game.

As for no sponsor..........we signed a new contract with Goodyear last year didn't we???:confused:

6yardpunisha
19/11/2008, 4:28 PM
Posters in the club said within 7 days of the last game.

As for no sponsor..........we signed a new contract with Goodyear last year didn't we???:confused:

for 1 season by all accounts

rambler14
19/11/2008, 4:31 PM
for 1 season by all accounts

Typical Ramblers!:rolleyes:......................Do everything in 1's!:(

don ramo
19/11/2008, 5:10 PM
lads yed want to relax a bit, this is how the club has run for 30 years, its noting new,

yes the players contracts have expired, and they will be renegotiated, as they have been in previous year (at the moment 300 players are out of contract from LOI clubs),

as for sponsor, we signed a huge deal with goodyear for one year (they were never gonna give us that deal on a 2 years basis) and if we ramained a premier division club we would get a great deal next year, unfortunately we were relegated, so well take a hit in sponsorship (more than likely goodyear will still be here next year we just have renegotiate with them)

the meeting still hasnt been set from what i heard monday,

whats the panic, the season doesnt start for 4 months,

relax

marty
19/11/2008, 5:12 PM
Was a meeting lastnight between the ticket sellers of the monthly draw,a few of the usuals dropped out and wont take part with the current regime so at the mo theirs no draw,it really cant continue the way it is there has to be common sense and change I for one will find it hard to support Rams next season unless the chairman steps down.

don ramo
19/11/2008, 5:33 PM
Was a meeting lastnight between the ticket sellers of the monthly draw,a few of the usuals dropped out and wont take part with the current regime so at the mo theirs no draw,it really cant continue the way it is there has to be common sense and change I for one will find it hard to support Rams next season unless the chairman steps down.

so basically there saying the chairman is bigger than the club

6yardpunisha
19/11/2008, 6:30 PM
lads yed want to relax a bit, this is how the club has run for 30 years, its noting new,

yes the players contracts have expired, and they will be renegotiated, as they have been in previous year (at the moment 300 players are out of contract from LOI clubs),

as for sponsor, we signed a huge deal with goodyear for one year (they were never gonna give us that deal on a 2 years basis) and if we ramained a premier division club we would get a great deal next year, unfortunately we were relegated, so well take a hit in sponsorship (more than likely goodyear will still be here next year we just have renegotiate with them)

the meeting still hasnt been set from what i heard monday,

whats the panic, the season doesnt start for 4 months,

relax

DR, relax is what you want us to do is it, do you think the taxman is up in his office saying jesus man I should relax about collecting the 6 figure some owed to the government because the season doesnt start for 4 months, oh yea what about all the creditors who are owed money for legitamely supplying goods and services to the club on the basis that they would be paid, maybe they can go into their local bank manager and say hey dude relax about my overdraft because the season doesnt start for 4 months.

Would consider you a fairly good poster here DR but that last post was naive as there are a lot of other matters to consider here plus on top of all that the players are owed money so getting our licence renewed might not even happen, but so what there is 4 months till the start of the season so hey im going to relax

don ramo
19/11/2008, 6:36 PM
DR, relax is what you want us to do is it, do you think the taxman is up in his office saying jesus man I should relax about collecting the 6 figure some owed to the government because the season doesnt start for 4 months, oh yea what about all the creditors who are owed money for legitamely supplying goods and services to the club on the basis that they would be paid, maybe they can go into their local bank manager and say hey dude relax about my overdraft because the season doesnt start for 4 months.

Would consider you a fairly good poster here DR but that last post was naive as there are a lot of other matters to consider here plus on top of all that the players are owed money so getting our licence renewed might not even happen, but so what there is 4 months till the start of the season so hey im going to relax

who the hell wound you up, all these issues are being taken care of, what do you want, daily reports from each commitee member on what theyve done today, these issues come up every single year and are always sorted out in time,

as much as people would love to think the club isnt run by monkeys,

we owe money, same as every single club in the world,

6yardpunisha
19/11/2008, 7:07 PM
who the hell wound you up, all these issues are being taken care of, what do you want, daily reports from each commitee member on what theyve done today, these issues come up every single year and are always sorted out in time,

not wound up at all just stating reality of the situation, as far as i know there doesnt seem to be a whole pile being done but what is the way out of it DR, no training pitch to sell to pay tax man, huge debts owed to numerous companies, companies slashing sponsorship budgets all over the country, banks not lending money. We owe money like all clubs but we have no means to pay it back. not havin a pop at you but the club, committee and members need to wake up pretty quickly

Ram72
19/11/2008, 9:19 PM

Talking to a committee member tonight, that meeting should be organised for monday or tuesday night next week, all members will be informed within the next few days.

Ram72
19/11/2008, 9:49 PM

Sometimes I wonder who is running the club! True, all clubs owe money, and some owe a hell of a lot more then us, but the difference between us and every other club is they are doing something about what they owe and WE'RE NOT!

don ramo
19/11/2008, 10:51 PM
not wound up at all just stating reality of the situation, as far as i know there doesnt seem to be a whole pile being done but what is the way out of it DR, no training pitch to sell to pay tax man, huge debts owed to numerous companies, companies slashing sponsorship budgets all over the country, banks not lending money. We owe money like all clubs but we have no means to pay it back. not havin a pop at you but the club, committee and members need to wake up pretty quickly

last i heard the tax debth is in the works, as was said at a meeeting which it seems noone attended, as questions are being asked here,
as anyone would know if they have a mortgage, you cant just walk in and ask for money these things take time,

we all know people call the commitee muppets, and what have ya, but do you honestly think there deliberately trying to bury this club,

we have a sizeable debth that will take years to pay off, no question about it, all we can do as fans is support the club as best we can

Ram72
20/11/2008, 12:14 AM
we all know people call the commitee muppets, and what have ya, but do you honestly think there deliberately trying to bury this club,

we have a sizeable debth that will take years to pay off, no question about it, all we can do as fans is support the club as best we can
Yes, there is a sizeable debt there, but what is the club doing about it? Anytime there is a meeting it turns into a slagging match. No one is coming out and saying how much is owed, who it is owed too and what the club is doing about it. If a plan of action isn't put in place shortly, the club won't get a T.V. licence, never mind a 1st or premier licence.:ball: