PDA

View Full Version : Team for the students

NorthoftheLee
23/10/2003, 11:27 AM
Well i'd go with a winning team, it was a very good performance against pats and if they play like that again we should have no probs against the tax robbers.........then again I'd like to see benno given a start........

-------------------DEVINE----------------
HOGGIE-----DAN-----DEREK------BiLLY
COLIN T----GREG---BENNO---KEARNEY
-------------DOYLE----GEORGIE----------

subs ...murray, carey, nwánko, casey, behan

SÓC
23/10/2003, 11:33 AM
I'd go for the same team but I suppose you cant blame Pat if he sticks with a winning team, the same team that hasnt lost in 7 games.

I dont think we've won 3 in a row so far this season. And with UCD being our bogey team this might be a tricky game. They've really sorted themselves out since Mahon took over. Although if they were to lose to us it would be the final nail in their coffin I'd say.

tiktok
23/10/2003, 11:35 AM
I'd play the same team as against Pats, with Benno in for Murray.

having said that i think Pat will stick with the same XI and give Murray another run.
It's a game we have to win...obviously, here's hoping we do.

Éanna
23/10/2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
HOGGIE-----DAN-----DEREK------BiLLY
COLIN T----GREG---BENNO---KEARNEY
-------------DOYLE----GEORGIE----------

agreed. I'd like to see N****wo get a decent run too.

razor
23/10/2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Although if they were to lose to us it would be the final nail in their coffin I'd say.

Swweeeet !!! :D

Gary
23/10/2003, 12:42 PM
IF we do beat them, surely there will be no way back for them.

As for the team, id like to see Bennett get the start but being realistic Itll be the same team as the other night.

I alose would like to see Nwánko get a run, maybe after we go 3 up he can come on?

Schumi
23/10/2003, 2:09 PM
Play the guy you brought on for O'Flynn in Belfield please. :D

thecorner
23/10/2003, 2:47 PM
lets not get carried away here lads

remember final game of last season

we owe them one

niamh
23/10/2003, 4:13 PM
Over-confidence and our past record against UCD could be our downfall. I think City can beat every team but when it comes to UCD, City seem hopeless.

Colm
23/10/2003, 5:04 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
I dont think we've won 3 in a row so far this season.

We did actually win 3 in a row at the start of the season... UCD away, Bohs home and Longford away.

Anyway, I'd go with the same team as NOTL but I think Dolan will play Murray ahead of Benno especially after our two wins.
We shouldn't have any trouble winning this but, considering our history against UCD, I'm not going to jinx us by making a prediction. I just hope we can hammer them and send them even closer to where they belong in the first division.

Rebel Army!

Neil
23/10/2003, 5:11 PM
HOGGIE-----DAN-----DEREK------WOODS
DOYLE------COLIN T----GREG----KEARNEY
-------------COLIN P----GEORGIE----------

but I Think it's only fair/expected that he'll go with the team that haven't lost in 7.

Gary
24/10/2003, 12:18 PM
Well, will we win, will we bottle it?
Personally i reckon itll be a typica game against UCD. Dull and boring, but i reckon we will grind out a 1-0 (isnt it sad, that a team as big as City must 'grind out' results to UCD, bloody tax dodging......).

Should be a good crowd also. Bring your woolies id say though. Itll be coooold!

pete
24/10/2003, 1:43 PM
Originally posted by Gary
. Dull and boring, but i reckon we will grind out a 1-0 (isnt it sad, that a team as big as City must 'grind out' results to UCD,

Not as big as think they are Bohs usually struggle against UCD too. 1-0 would be good enough for me. Would set up nice game at Dalymount next week...

NorthoftheLee
24/10/2003, 2:52 PM
pats always struggle against them at bellfield too...........they're just annoying.......plain and simple........nobody would miss them if they went down............

niamh
24/10/2003, 3:29 PM
Most teams struggle against them and to make it worse, they have been doing better lately. True to say no one will miss them or the trip to Belfield.