PDA

View Full Version : Pats For The Cup

thecorner
21/10/2003, 11:22 PM
would luv to see pats lift the cup and ourselves along with the "BIG" dublin 3 in europe next season with rovers on the outside wandering why the "BIG" dublin 4 suddenly became the "BIG" dublin 3

rovers fans scratching their heads and wandering when they were left behind:D :D :D :D

sorry to all longford supporters.dont mean any harm

patsh
22/10/2003, 9:18 AM
Would'nt it be better to get a non Dub club win a major competition and have big clubs in other parts of the country?

leesider
22/10/2003, 9:24 AM
as long as the biggest club is in cork I'll be happy!!

would be nice to see Finn Harps getting promoted as well besides that other dumpland city club!

wws
22/10/2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by patsh
Would'nt it be better to get a non Dub club win a major competition and have big clubs in other parts of the country?

no, no it wouldn't!

patsh
22/10/2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by wws
no, no it wouldn't!
Well you would say that.;)
I want City to win every single game and win all competitions, but would many people keep coming to games after a few seasons?
I think it would be better for the league, in the interests of building a strong fan base in the midlands, if Longford won. Other wise I have no real strong feelings one way or the other....

wws
22/10/2003, 12:54 PM
yes, like pats have been dominating the FAI cup for far too long like!

patsh
22/10/2003, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by wws
yes, like pats have been dominating the FAI cup for far too long like!
Dub clubs have been.
Unfortunately, from your point of view, that does not include SPA.

fella
22/10/2003, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by patsh

agreed - would actually like to see Longford win something so they have something tangible to show for the progress they've made in recent times. On the other hand I just think maybe Pat's name is on the cups this year and it would make for a special moment if they won and let Livingston go up and collect the cup. Obviously Pat's winning could also copperfasten our Euro spot so all in all once there's a good game positives can be taken from a city point regardless who wins

Ozymandias
23/10/2003, 10:23 AM
I would ;ike to see longford win it but providing they deserve it...In fairness to pats they have been waiting along time to have a crack at the cup....I wouldn't begrudge either of them the trophy...I'm just glad it can't be rovers or bohs or shels.......

Éanna
23/10/2003, 11:50 AM
In many ways I'd like to see Pats win it, they deserve it after so long, but seeing Bosco Collins celebrating would make me physically ill. Come on De Town

Dodge
23/10/2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
In many ways I'd like to see Pats win it, they deserve it after so long, but seeing Bosco Collins celebrating would make me physically ill. Come on De Town
And were supposed to be obsessed...:D

Éanna
23/10/2003, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
And were supposed to be obsessed...:D
I'm not obsessed, i just don't like him :)

Dodge
23/10/2003, 1:54 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
I'm not obsessed, i just don't like him :)
Seem to remember saying something similar myself... at least i had a reason :D

Éanna
23/10/2003, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Seem to remember saying something similar myself... at least i had a reason :D
I'm sure I do too. Just give me a chance to think of one :)

tiktok
24/10/2003, 10:02 AM
I'll be cheering on Longford, nothing to do with Pat's/Dublin to be honest, just think (as has been said before) it'd be great to see them pick up a trophy as a reward for the strides they've made at the club in recent years.
Whoever wins, i hope it's a good game

paudie
24/10/2003, 1:02 PM
Would prefer longford to win because of the progrees they've made over the past few years and because its a great place for an away trip.

Being in europe would be a big deal for them.

At the same time I prefer Pats in front of the other Dub clubs and its been a long wait for them but Longford have never won any trophy.

Hope its a good game anyway.

RedX
24/10/2003, 7:24 PM
I am not to worried who wins the Cup just as long as it is a good game and gets a decent crowd that promotes our league here.I have a sneaking suspicion that Longford are going to win it this year.I would have to agree with Paudie in saying it would be nice to see Longford win it considering they have taking giant strides over the last few years with there whole club.Pats are a decent club also so best of luck to both of them on the day...:ball: