PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Ads

Lionel Ritchie
10/11/2008, 10:38 AM
Thought we already had an "annoying adverts" thread but I couldn't find it. Please do merge if one already exists. I searched TV as well though, unlike the advertisement industry, I don't consider adverts part of the whole "entertainment" package. They're a neccessity ...like bog-roll in a bathroom ...rat blocks in a barn.

Anyway, I hope Eddie Hobbs IS'NT in on that eleven-eight-ninety effort because if not I'm pretty sure it goes beyond parody and he can nail the fcukers behind it for passing off/non-sanctioned endorsement.

...and even if he is involved in it or has given his blessing it's still really annoying and sounds like a Jason Byrne type doing a Cork accent.

dahamsta
10/11/2008, 11:32 AM
Please don't avoid the language filter, it's there for a reason.

Lionel Ritchie
10/11/2008, 11:51 AM
Please don't avoid the language filter, it's there for a reason.

acknowledged. I'd just heard it again (hobbs ad) and my rage was fresh.:o

pete
10/11/2008, 12:14 PM
The Financial Regulator advertising their web site to help stupid people get car insurance & such.

Annoying because it is a waste of money & advertising web sites on the TV generally is not useful.

Dodge
10/11/2008, 12:16 PM
advertising web sites on the TV generally is not useful.

Done much research into this?

pineapple stu
10/11/2008, 12:28 PM
Should we have a thread for "Not annoying ads" instead? I think it'd be much quicker. This one's liable to down the server.

pete
10/11/2008, 12:30 PM
Done much research into this?

Just an opinion ;) Seems better to advertise web sites with banner ads etc...

brianw82
10/11/2008, 8:44 PM
I hate the Carlsberg ad where the guy speaks random Irish phrases/words as 'option C'

I'm not very pc, but I can't help thinking it just perpetuates/endorses the fact that it's ok to know a few phrases and to hell with fluency. Having said that, it does fit into the general theme of the ads with a few chancers getting out of some situation.