PDA

View Full Version : Derry

don ramo
09/11/2008, 6:08 PM
lads i know its disappointing, and at the moment were all guted, but anyone travelling to derry friday, im heading up with 2 or 3 lads doing a day trip, would be nice to show some support for the lads, they gave it everything, it just wasnt meant to be well come back stronger, and hopefully we can get a good gathering of fans in the clubhouse saturday night
:ball::ball::ball:

Rambling Along
09/11/2008, 6:59 PM
I'm going for the laugh!

Redshanks
10/11/2008, 8:11 PM
The only way we can get fans to travel -for a laugh!

rambler14
10/11/2008, 8:21 PM
The only way we can get fans to travel -for a laugh!

Sure why else would people go. There's little to play for so the Derry game can be used for an end of season party.

I shall also be travelling and not for the 1st time this year. The Derry game shall be my 27th league game this year. Only having missed Derry away, Galway away, Bohs away, the 2nd Harps away game, the 2nd Drogheda away game and the 2nd Sligo away game.
I also went to both the League Cup game in Wexford and the FAI Cup game vs Sporting Fingal.

Each time for I went to a game a laugh was had and I wasn't the only one.

Allstar
11/11/2008, 6:47 AM
Jesus what exactly do ya want?
A blue peter badge??
I no people who travel to just as many games as ya but they dont have to come on here blowing on about it.

rambler14
11/11/2008, 9:39 AM
Jesus what exactly do ya want?
A blue peter badge??
I no people who travel to just as many games as ya but they dont have to come on here blowing on about it.

I want absolutely nothing and never had.
It's just that Redshanks seemed a little sarcastic at his approach as to why people are travelling........basically I was standing up for Ramblers fans.

Theres one supporter and one supporter only who deserves any accolade this year and it ain't me.

bellavistaman
11/11/2008, 6:59 PM
Theres one supporter and one supporter only who deserves any accolade this year and it ain't me.

Flashback!!:D

Told ya my view on this too, maybe a joint,taking nothing away from your choice, then again there hasnt been supporter of the year award in 3 to 4 years. So stupid conversation really

don ramo
11/11/2008, 7:02 PM

Told ya my view on this too, maybe a joint,taking nothing away from your choice, then again there hasnt been supporter of the year award in 3 to 4 years. So stupid conversation really

what the hell are ya on about bella, sean brennan won it last year and john kelso the year before

bellavistaman
11/11/2008, 7:09 PM
Sean won it 3 years ago. Kelsaw and Dave won it 4.
What the hell you on about don!!!

Rambling Along
11/11/2008, 8:35 PM
Havn't a clue what yeer on about. I'd guess supporter of the year???

I'd say there'd be a few candidates this year. From what i've seen there's a good bunch who give their time and support all causes and Ramblers and then those same people would travel anywhere and have done this year in order to see Ramblers in action.

don ramo
11/11/2008, 9:26 PM
Sean won it 3 years ago. Kelsaw and Dave won it 4.
What the hell you on about don!!!

time seems to fly, anyone bar bella know if this is true i seem to recall it being given to sean last year,

rambler14
11/11/2008, 9:31 PM

and I told you my view. Travelling to 2 away games on your own don't mean nothing.
My candidate on the other hand has contributed to the club whenever needed and has travelled to every away game bar 3 i'd say.......nearly losing his job 4 or 5 times along the way as a result.:D

rambler14
11/11/2008, 9:35 PM
time seems to fly, anyone bar bella know if this is true i seem to recall it being given to sean last year,

No bella is correct. Ow!......that hurt!:D

Last years awards were:

Player of the Year: John Meade
Young Player of the year: Graham Cummins
Special Achievment: Dick Tobin, Danny Cronin and John Meade
Hall of Fame: George Mellerick
Club people of the Year: The ladies of the shop
Supporters Player of the Year: Everyone involved with the team

So i'll assume any supporter getting an award this year will either get Clubman or Special Achievment.

don ramo
11/11/2008, 10:15 PM
No bella is correct. Ow!......that hurt!
Last years awards were:

So i'll assume any supporter getting an award this year will either get Clubman or Special Achievment.

are you staying or going, make up your mind:confused::eek::rolleyes:

rambler14
11/11/2008, 10:30 PM
I'm only back for the vibrant end of season debate about the new manager and the club awards.......then i'm gone again...probably!