PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Ireland quickly becoming one of the premiership's best.

Crosby87
09/11/2008, 3:07 PM
:eek:

Guidedbyvoices
09/11/2008, 3:08 PM
Oh, for crying out loud what is the matter with you? Do you get extra sweets for this or something?Why are you opening another thread on this waster? Do you realise that this plum does not want to play for his country?:mad:

jmurphyc
09/11/2008, 3:24 PM
Remember how he used to always vanish in the middle of matches? That aspect of his game is gone and to be honest I'd say he's the midfield leader we've been looking for since Roy Keane if we could only get him to the field.

I really don't know what to say to that. Ireland the "midfield leader we've been looking for since Roy Keane". If we have to rely on him being our leader, well, then we're pretty ****ed.

Scram
09/11/2008, 3:26 PM
He is without a doubt, the best Stephen Ireland in the Premiership.

Greenbod
09/11/2008, 4:22 PM
http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=33007&start=0

I think this poll on a Man City fan forum says it all. He's been immense this season and is picking up praise from everywhere. I've heard bbc describe his season so far as being "a monster" and goal.com described him as the most underrated player in the league. He's scored and assisted a hatful, is near the top of the fantasy league based on technical ratings and is quickly becoming not only the key player for Man City but as competent a box to box player as the likes of Gerrard or Ballack with his new found tackling and scoring ability supplementing his passing ability.
Remember how he used to always vanish in the middle of matches? That aspect of his game is gone and to be honest I'd say he's the midfield leader we've been looking for since Roy Keane if we could only get him to the field.

Also it's been mentioned before but his linkup with Robinho is almost telepathic at this stage, when one gets the ball they're always looking to link up with the other. Check whenever one of them scores, it's nearly always the other providing the assist.

Likewise, Robinho could be exactly what we're looking for upfront...............however he's also unavailable for selection. What's the point of this?

carloz
09/11/2008, 4:22 PM
Breaking News: Man City fans rate Man City player highly:eek:

Greenbod
09/11/2008, 4:30 PM
imagine what he'd be like in a couple of years.

Two years older, bitter, and still bald.

centre mid
09/11/2008, 4:30 PM
Hes not even the best Irish midfielder playing in the premiership.

Crosby87
09/11/2008, 4:48 PM
But still driving a pink range rover:)

Razors left peg
09/11/2008, 4:49 PM
I think one thread on this guy was enough

Dr. Ogba
09/11/2008, 5:07 PM
good to see you're not going overboard with it anyway Ciaran...

Nah Nah Nah Nah
09/11/2008, 6:44 PM
They're in the bottom half of the league for god sake. If they didn't get all that money and were able to sign Robinho they'd be bottom.

dr_peepee
09/11/2008, 6:55 PM

Too far Greenbod.... Too far!!

Guidedbyvoices
09/11/2008, 6:58 PM
Well his performance this season so far has been the most impressive showing from an Irish player since Duff's first season at Chelsea. I don't think I can go overboard on giving him praise for it.

He is not an Irish player is he? Do you get some sort of thrill out of this? You are no better than him.

Crosby87
09/11/2008, 7:11 PM
Do you get extra sweets for this
Extra Sweets. I just noticed that now. Hilarious. POTW, in my opinion.

FahyForever
09/11/2008, 7:57 PM
He is not an Irish player is he? Do you get some sort of thrill out of this? You are no better than him.

Would you ever cop on? Talk about melodrama.. the guy is entitled to his opinion and he can open a thread on whatever he likes, even if there is more threads on Stephen Ireland. This whole thing of - he turned his back on his country, he´s a scumbag - is just nuts. Hatred in football is disgusting, whether it´s against another club (Rangers etc etc), a player or a country.

When someone recently opened a thread on an all-time Ireland eleven there was a tonne of guys moaning -´not this again, we´ve had it before´. BIG DEAL! It´s a bit of harmless fun and if you´re not interested you dont have to read it, or reply to it.

Lighten up.

Guidedbyvoices
09/11/2008, 9:28 PM
Would you ever cop on? Talk about melodrama.. the guy is entitled to his opinion and he can open a thread on whatever he likes, even if there is more threads on Stephen Ireland. This whole thing of - he turned his back on his country, he´s a scumbag - is just nuts. Hatred in football is disgusting, whether it´s against another club (Rangers etc etc), a player or a country.

When someone recently opened a thread on an all-time Ireland eleven there was a tonne of guys moaning -´not this again, we´ve had it before´. BIG DEAL! It´s a bit of harmless fun and if you´re not interested you dont have to read it, or reply to it.

Lighten up.

Looks like he ran and got his Daddy. You just like to pop in an post a few lines every three years or so then?

There is a thread on him all ready, why do we need another one?

Rambling Along
09/11/2008, 9:53 PM
Still not convinced? How about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeYeTs504vw

Ireland probably made that himself!............I wouldn't put it past him either.

Wexford Delboy
09/11/2008, 10:55 PM
in fairness he is probably one of the best midfield players in the premiership this season but until he comes back to the international fold he wont be able to fulfill his full potential and maybe become one of the europeans best

Diarmo
09/11/2008, 11:24 PM

Well, Stephen Ireland is technically an Irish player.... he just doesn't represent Ireland in football. I play football, I'm Irish, that makes me an Irish [football] player. Just because I haven't earned caps does not make me any less Irish.
Just pointing out a perceived error.

However, can we merge this thread?

Guidedbyvoices
10/11/2008, 6:43 AM
Well, Stephen Ireland is technically an Irish player.... he just doesn't represent Ireland in football. I play football, I'm Irish, that makes me an Irish [football] player. Just because I haven't earned caps does not make me any less Irish.
Just pointing out a perceived error.

However, can we merge this thread?

No he is not.He is an irish man playing football for a foreign club.He is not an Irish player because he refuses to play for the country of his birth. End of.

FahyForever
10/11/2008, 8:50 AM
No he is not.He is an irish man playing football for a foreign club.He is not an Irish player because he refuses to play for the country of his birth. End of.

I am a daily reader and regular contributor to this website and how often I choose to post is my own business. When I read moronic posts like yours however, I feel obliged to respond. Regardless of you ridiculously declaring ´End of´, Stephen Ireland is an Irish football player, in the same way that, say, Titus Bramble is an English football player, even though it´s unlikely he will ever get a full international cap. Your detestation of a fine player due to patriotic bias, coupled with your obvious confusion regarding the English language, illustrate both your misguidedness and your ignorance.

back of the net
10/11/2008, 12:38 PM

ive read many stupid and moronic posts on this site over the years .............but congratulations you have hit top spot on the list with that pile of garbage

GenerationXI
10/11/2008, 12:56 PM
Savage footballer. Awful Person. Can we reconcile these two facts? Yes.

I give you: Best, Maradona, Gascoigne, Barton etc.

Because this is a football forum, we are entitled to consider these people as footballers. That is, in the light of what they do on the pitch. Their private lives may (have) be(en) deplorable, but this isn't ok! magazine. Anyone is entitled to start a thread about a talented footballer here and, indeed, people are entitled to opine that true greatness is shown on the international stage and that by choosing to exclude himself from international football, Ireland is rendering it impossible for himself to be considered a truly great footballer.

Pink Range Rovers, a head that looks like a Penis and disrespect for the Green Jersey aside, the boy can do an awful lot with a ball at his feet and anyone is entitled to discuss that.

Greenbod
10/11/2008, 1:53 PM
Pink Range Rovers, a head that looks like a Penis and disrespect for the Green Jersey aside, the boy can do an awful lot with a ball at his feet

It's the utter disrespect for the Green Jersey and by extension you me and most of the posters here, which should in my opinion preclude him from ever representing his country again.............................regardless of how good he is or becomes.

GenerationXI
10/11/2008, 2:23 PM
It's the utter disrespect for the Green Jersey and by extension you me and most of the posters here, which should in my opinion preclude him from ever representing his country again.............................regardless of how good he is or becomes.

I agree there. As far as I'm concerned, you ask a player once, and once only, to pull that shirt on and should he refuse then you move on. I don't understand people who hold out hope for him deciding later that he would want to play - he should never be considered again.

Guidedbyvoices
10/11/2008, 3:15 PM
ive read many stupid and moronic posts on this site over the years .............but congratulations you have hit top spot on the list with that pile of garbage

So you read your own posts then. Dont be too hard on yourself now.:p Nothing wrong with my post if you are clever enough to interpret it.;)

Guidedbyvoices
10/11/2008, 3:18 PM
I am a daily reader and regular contributor to this website and how often I choose to post is my own business. When I read moronic posts like yours however, I feel obliged to respond. Regardless of you ridiculously declaring ´End of´, Stephen Ireland is an Irish football player, in the same way that, say, Titus Bramble is an English football player, even though it´s unlikely he will ever get a full international cap. Your detestation of a fine player due to patriotic bias, coupled with your obvious confusion regarding the English language, illustrate both your misguidedness and your ignorance.

Yeah whatever. Cant argue with someone who has not passed his inter cert yet.

superfrank
10/11/2008, 3:23 PM
Stephen Ireland is hardly "quickly becoming one of the Premiership's best".

He's doing well in a team that are ridiculously incosistent and that are nowhere near the top side in the Premiership. How does that make him one of the best? :confused:

He's not playing outstandingly well. There's a good few midfielders playing better.

FahyForever
10/11/2008, 3:28 PM
Yeah whatever. Cant argue with someone who has not passed his inter cert yet.

You can´t argue full stop...

Diarmo
10/11/2008, 4:45 PM

Officially the most cretinous remark I have ever read on this site.

bwagner
10/11/2008, 4:48 PM
a bald ugly ming the merciless looking **** bomb, i couldnt care if he scored 5 each game for Man city

lionelhutz
10/11/2008, 4:51 PM
http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=33007&start=0

I think this poll on a Man City fan forum says it all. He's been immense this season and is picking up praise from everywhere. I've heard bbc describe his season so far as being "a monster" and goal.com described him as the most underrated player in the league. He's scored and assisted a hatful, is near the top of the fantasy league based on technical ratings and is quickly becoming not only the key player for Man City but as competent a box to box player as the likes of Gerrard or Ballack with his new found tackling and scoring ability supplementing his passing ability.

Also it's been mentioned before but his linkup with Robinho is almost telepathic at this stage, when one gets the ball they're always looking to link up with the other. Check whenever one of them scores, it's nearly always the other providing the assist.

Utter rubbish. Stephen Reid (when fit) and Andy Reid are two current players that give so much more to a midfield than Ireland could. He is playing well enough at the moment but I'd still have the two Reids ahead of him in the pecking order if they were both fit.

And now that S. Reid is injured, I still wouldn't start Ireland in midfield even if he was available. Having A. Reid and him in MF simply wouldn't work, therefore I'd play A. Reid and Whelan/Delap.

seanfhear
10/11/2008, 5:25 PM
If the richest club in the world buys the calibre of player that they are being touted to buy then we will see how good a player S. Ireland is.
Will he be able to get in the team and if he is not what high level clubs will come in for him(besides Sunderland???)
I would be surprised if high level clubs come in for him(I am biased against him though)
I would not buy him because I think that he has a suspect temperment and is his attacking prowess(which he is good at grrrr)enough to compensate for his soft underbelly from a defensive point of view.

Father time will answer these questions.

back of the net
10/11/2008, 6:17 PM
So you read your own posts then. Dont be too hard on yourself now.:p Nothing wrong with my post if you are clever enough to interpret it.;)

wow ..not only have you demonstrated your complete stupidity , you have also shown that you have a sh*t sense of humour....well done

Sligo Hornet
11/11/2008, 8:04 AM
Given that the inter-cert hasn't existed in nearly 17 years I'd say that's the worst insult I've heard all month. :D

Don't be too hard on him.........his thoughts aren't necessarily his own....he's "Guided by Voices" don't forget!;)

FahyForever
11/11/2008, 2:32 PM
Given that the inter-cert hasn't existed in nearly 17 years I'd say that's the worst insult I've heard all month. :D

I regret to admit the only thing Guidedbyvoices said that rings true is that I did do the inter cert, seventeen years ago exactly. However, in teaching Junior Cert English for the last ten, I´ve yet to come across opinions as ball-breakingly stupid and badly put as those he proffers himself. Glad that people recognise them as such though.

Guidedbyvoices
11/11/2008, 4:30 PM
I regret to admit the only thing Guidedbyvoices said that rings true is that I did do the inter cert, seventeen years ago exactly. However, in teaching Junior Cert English for the last ten, I´ve yet to come across opinions as ball-breakingly stupid and badly put as those he proffers himself. Glad that people recognise them as such though.

Excellent comeback, bet you couldn’t wait to get home from school to write this but I guess you had all day to think about it ,empty vessels and all that!! Anyway don’t take it too hard man you need to chill out a bit. I know teaching school kids can be very difficult and play tricks within the auld head (look what happened to me). Now pour yourself a glass of wine, sit down and watch countdown, should be on soon. You should feel fine after that and forget about me you will be much happier trust me.

SMorgan
11/11/2008, 6:27 PM
I wonder how his granny is keeping these days.

GenerationXI
12/11/2008, 8:49 AM
Man this thread has taken a nosedive. :rolleyes:

FahyForever
12/11/2008, 12:30 PM
Excellent comeback, bet you couldn’t wait to get home from school to write this but I guess you had all day to think about it ,empty vessels and all that!! Anyway don’t take it too hard man you need to chill out a bit. I know teaching school kids can be very difficult and play tricks within the auld head (look what happened to me). Now pour yourself a glass of wine, sit down and watch countdown, should be on soon. You should feel fine after that and forget about me you will be much happier trust me.

Sounds good to me. You take care.

Hibs4Ever
12/11/2008, 12:40 PM

As oppose to yours

eirebhoy
12/11/2008, 4:48 PM
All in here;
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=81705