PDA

View Full Version : Call for help from America

Gaz
13/09/2001, 4:29 PM
Greetings from the war zone that is Washington DC....

Your humble designer is safe and sound, although crapping his pants rather mightily. (Drove past the Pentagon less than 10 minutes before the plane hit, and the original target was apparantly the White House, which is about 200 yards from where I'm typing this!)

Anyways, this country is in turmoil as you can imagine, a lot of which is thanks to Dubya's economic plans - he raided the budget surplus for his tax cut, and now the place doesn't have a whole lot of cash. Long and the short of it is that people over here need help, many of whom are brothers and sisters from back home (I know one girl from Cork who worked in the Trade Centre, but thanks be to God she's safe).

If you can spare it, please go to the NY Red Cross (They need it a helluva lot more than we do in DC) and give 'em a few quid. Every little bit helps, even a few pence. The Yanks have helped us Micks out in the past, now we can return the favour. A $250 donation has already been made in foot.ie's name....

http://www.nyredcross.org/donate/index.htm

Now if ye'll excuse me, I'm off to give blood for the third time in three days. Not that it's having any effect on meeee2ofuierjgdmf........;)

James
13/09/2001, 4:54 PM
good stuff Gaz, glad to hear your ok