PDA

View Full Version : LTFC vs WYFC

RonnieB
07/11/2008, 10:17 PM
And so the final home game on what has been an interesting season. Would be nice to see it out with a rare home win, our last in the league against shels many many moons ago.

Hope to get to it, assuming I find a driver! had the old leg operated on during the week and the clutch is a cruel mistress. Anywho I HOPE for us to get that elusive home win.

Martinho II
08/11/2008, 1:15 PM
And so the final home game on what has been an interesting season. Would be nice to see it out with a rare home win, our last in the league against shels many many moons ago.

Hope to get to it, assuming I find a driver! had the old leg operated on during the week and the clutch is a cruel mistress. Anywho I HOPE for us to get that elusive home win.#

clutch or the crutch ronnie? i would say both!:D

RonnieB
08/11/2008, 1:45 PM
hehe. Off the crutches anyway! May still make get to the game we shall see... A sneaky hop out the door and away before people notice their car gone...

daithi
08/11/2008, 1:58 PM
What's the chances of this game going ahead? It's really bucketing down with rain here at the moment....................:(
Should have read this first from ltfc.ie

Match Off

Today, 2:49PM
Tonight's First Division game between Longford Town and Wexford Youths has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. Details of the refixture will be announced shortly.

RonnieB
08/11/2008, 2:16 PM
Well that settles that.

hollocaine
12/11/2008, 10:22 PM
An entertaining enough game tonight that could have produced twice as many more goals. Our defence once again were brutal. Bermingham had a nightmare (and was duly taken off at the break) and Brennan looked shaky too at times. I can't understand why McKenna started on the bench. Oladele didn't seem to give a fcuk the more the game went on. The shape of the midfield was all over the place especially in the first half. Lynch, Douglas and Murph didn't seem to know what to do. Anyone know who really scored our first goal? It looked to me that Chucky got a touch but McKenna was announced as scorer.

1 point from our last 10 home league games is a pathetic return.

RonnieB
12/11/2008, 10:26 PM
Glad that is the last home game for a while. Another terrible performance with defending that was beyond comical at times. Not even a bag of the finest minstrels could make it better. Hell not even twenty pints would. One more game to go thank feck.

Splurge
12/11/2008, 10:54 PM
How did our lot do?

Ash
13/11/2008, 7:11 AM
Won 2-4 by the sounds of things :p

Longfordian
13/11/2008, 12:01 PM
The defence was absolutely atrocious. I believe certain players were dropped for not coming to training. Chucky got the first one as far as I could see, I could see him shaking his head and looking at the press box when Tony Ghee announced McKenna. We should have been 1-0 up after 3 minutes when Oladele hit the bar, then Gary Murphy missed a complete sitter at 1-0, just after an astonishing miss from Wexford when their player hit the post from two yards out. All we can do is hope for a decent result against Athlone. Play the strongest team, it's the last game and we can't have them going above us!. I'm glad this season is nearly over it's been depressing.

Youths4Ever
13/11/2008, 12:12 PM
who where the number 10 and 11 for Longford last night?

The game was very open with both teams having lots of chances and both teams guilty of bad misses.
If Chucky was the red head he got the first goal.

Just a useless face for you though it was the most goals we have ever scored in a league game.

Longfordian
13/11/2008, 12:25 PM
10 was Rob Douglas and 11 was Alan Lynch as far as I can recall. Yeah Chucky is the red headed lad. Alan O'Riordan to give him his full title!. Nine goals in two games against Monaghan and Wexford let in by us, seven let in by Athlone in one game against Dundalk. Should be some goals on Saturday night.

Macy
13/11/2008, 12:33 PM
Should be some goals on Saturday night.
Nil nil written all over it...

ltfc_2004
13/11/2008, 12:34 PM
I better nip down the bookies so to back a 0-0 ............

snap

ForzaForth
13/11/2008, 12:59 PM
Just to mention that the posters around Longford at the weekend for the Wexford match were very impressive. Somebody's doing a great job up there.

Ash
13/11/2008, 1:15 PM
Nil nil written all over it...

Absolutely ... with neither side having a shot on target :o

Longfordian
13/11/2008, 1:27 PM
Yeah I actually thought that as soon as I'd posted too but I can't see us keeping a clean sheet at the moment. To be honest I'd take 0-0 at this stage.

Martinho II
13/11/2008, 7:49 PM
The defence was absolutely atrocious. I believe certain players were dropped for not coming to training. Chucky got the first one as far as I could see, I could see him shaking his head and looking at the press box when Tony Ghee announced McKenna. We should have been 1-0 up after 3 minutes when Oladele hit the bar, then Gary Murphy missed a complete sitter at 1-0, just after an astonishing miss from Wexford when their player hit the post from two yards out. All we can do is hope for a decent result against Athlone. Play the strongest team, it's the last game and we can't have them going above us!. I'm glad this season is nearly over it's been depressing.

longfordian athlone cant overtake us we have the better goal difference by plus 9!!:D

Longfordian
13/11/2008, 7:57 PM
So I see upon checking the table. Their one point shenanigans had me confused. Still, they're only a 5-0 win away from going ahead of us. Never say never these days. Oh well, if we can take nothing else from this season it's that we should finish ahead of Athlone for what the 9th or 10th season running?

Youths4Ever
13/11/2008, 8:26 PM
10 was Rob Douglas and 11 was Alan Lynch as far as I can recall. Yeah Chucky is the red headed lad. Alan O'Riordan to give him his full title!. Nine goals in two games against Monaghan and Wexford let in by us, seven let in by Athlone in one game against Dundalk. Should be some goals on Saturday night.

11 was a good player had some nice touches don't think i can type in what i thought of number 10

can I ask a serious question why did ye not have a stretcher at a game last night? I thought it was a rule somewhere that had to be one there open to correction on this.

hollocaine
13/11/2008, 8:51 PM
Usually there are medics at our home games so it was unusual that no one was present last night.

As for no. 11 (Alan Lynch), he has represented Ireland at Futsal so he has a decent touch alright not that he could do a great deal on the Flancare pitch the way it is. He's lacking in the physical side of the game though. Unlike Conor Sinott for ye who looks a very good all round player but ye will do well to keep him on for next season.

Longfordian
13/11/2008, 8:53 PM
Yeah normally we always have four or five Civil Defence people there with the ambulance and stretcher, but now that you mention it there wasn't any last night. I don't know the reason for that. We did have the doctor on duty though and I saw him going to treat your lad that came off.

Youths4Ever
13/11/2008, 9:05 PM
Usually there are medics at our home games so it was unusual that no one was present last night.

As for no. 11 (Alan Lynch), he has represented Ireland at Futsal so he has a decent touch alright not that he could do a great deal on the Flancare pitch the way it is. He's lacking in the physical side of the game though. Unlike Conor Sinott for ye who looks a very good all round player but ye will do well to keep him on for next season.

Yeah to be honest lots of transfer rumours about him at the moment so will have to wait and see he can be very selfish on the ball at times when other players in better position but is a very good player

Yeah normally we always have four or five Civil Defence people there with the ambulance and stretcher, but now that you mention it there wasn't any last night. I don't know the reason for that. We did have the doctor on duty though and I saw him going to treat your lad that came off.

Yeah I seen the doctor with Rossi. I was just curious about the stretcher and probably would not have noticed at all only for Rossi had to be carried off