PDA

View Full Version : Bohs Court Case

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

harps1954
07/11/2008, 10:40 AM
Bohs court case is on today. Some posts on the bohs forum have suggested it has gone against them. Anyone here anything else?

Dodge
07/11/2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah, looks like they lost

harps1954
07/11/2008, 10:43 AM
Without trying to sound stupid, what now?

pineapple stu
07/11/2008, 10:45 AM
They were sueing Albion Properties, so I assume now Liam Carroll sues to stop the Dalymount deal? And he possibly stops paying E1m a year?

pete
07/11/2008, 11:02 AM
They were sueing Albion Properties, so I assume now Liam Carroll sues to stop the Dalymount deal? And he possibly stops paying E1m a year?

I would assume he cancels the deal as Bohs cannot provide him with the land agreed. He would then look to Bohs to repay the millions he gave them already.

Maybe Carroll will be interested in negotiating a new deal but clearly at significantly lower numbers.

Is the redevelopment viable now? I presume the land behind the shopping centre provide access to the NCR? Is there no access on that side without the land?

Dodge
07/11/2008, 11:04 AM
"Bohs win first point. Albion win the second and most important. Albion get the land"

finnpark
07/11/2008, 11:06 AM
"Bohs win first point. Albion win the second and most important. Albion get the land"

what does that mean, the first deal is back on?

OneRedArmy
07/11/2008, 11:06 AM
But they absolutely, positively couldn't lose out of the property deal according to those on here? :D

In actual fact, much like Drogs ground problems, Bohs were never going to get to Harristown once the recession hit. Carroll has much bigger problems and will be doing well to have the shirt on his back in 12 or 18 months time (Sean Dunne applying for permission to demolish Carroll's half constructed HQ for Anglo Irish on the quays being his biggest problem, amongst others). This gives Carroll the get out he needs.

The best Bohs can hope for is to still own the rest of Dalymount whenever the dust settles.

Dodge
07/11/2008, 11:12 AM
This deal was for the Shopping centre end. Basically it menas it wasn't Bohs to sell to Carroll. They can still sell the rest but without that bit, and the all important access to the rest of it, its worth a whole let less. When you factor in the drop in land prices etc its far less enticing for developers.

Liam Carroll may counter sue Bohs now for the money he's already speant on land that they weren't entitled to sell. Given his recent problems, he might have no choice. I'm sure he's glad to be abel to walk from this deal anyway.

Then we add in the huge, long contracts that Bohs have for next year, and suddenly there's no way they'll be able to pay for them.

All in all, a very bad day for Bohs

charliesboots
07/11/2008, 11:21 AM
yep very bad day for Bohs. Albion effectively own the shopping centre end of Dalymount now and Carroll will more than likely be pulling out of the deal and looking for his money back.

Longfordian
07/11/2008, 11:23 AM
The legal costs will be significant too. Presumably costs were awarded against Bohs too?.

hoops1
07/11/2008, 11:23 AM
Bohs lost?
But Bohs are INVINCIBLE!

Mr A
07/11/2008, 11:29 AM
So right- let's assume Bohs do not get their €1m for this year. So they've busted the wage cap completely right. So what happens next...

micls
07/11/2008, 11:29 AM
Another bad day for the league.

Jofspring
07/11/2008, 11:31 AM
So right- let's assume Bohs do not get their €1m for this year. So they've busted the wage cap completely right. So what happens next...

Uh oh :eek:

Dodge
07/11/2008, 11:31 AM
Another bad day for the league.

I don't agree with this at all. Bad day for Bohs

Schumi
07/11/2008, 11:32 AM
So right- let's assume Bohs do not get their €1m for this year. So they've busted the wage cap completely right. So what happens next...That'd be the least of their worries if they have to pay back the €1m for all the other years.

dfx-
07/11/2008, 11:33 AM
Oh dear. What a terrible shame.

:)

finnpark
07/11/2008, 11:34 AM
Are people telling me that Bohs were signing players with money they didn't have?

Is there people this stupid in charge of businesses and football clubs?

noby
07/11/2008, 11:35 AM
That'd be the least of their worries if they have to pay back the €1m for all the other years.

How many 'other years' exactly?

pineapple stu
07/11/2008, 11:35 AM
The wage cap might be the least of their worries.

They re-mortgaged Dalyer last year, with the intention (I assume) of repaying it directly from the final sale proceeds of Harristown. As of last year, they owed E900k. There's rumours that's up to E3m now; I wouldn't be surprised because, even with the E1m from Liam Carroll, they were still racking up losses and needed the bank loan to meet their expenditure.

If Liam Carroll wins his money back, that's another E2m-E3m they owe. So that's potentially E6m of debt purely between the bank and Liam Carroll, and before legal costs, the Seán Connor settlement and the 2009 contract Dodge has mentioned. They paid E100k in interest alone in 2007; that's increased this year if the bank loan is up.

They've basically mortgaged their ground for success. Shels Mark II.

I think they can close the thread on reaching the CL group stages next year.

Dodge
07/11/2008, 11:36 AM
Are people telling me that Bohs were signing players with money they didn't have?

No. Bohs had the money.

However they got it by selling something twice...

WindmillWarrior
07/11/2008, 11:37 AM
Looks like Bohs could be even more in the sh*t than we are?

Dodge
Looks like Bohs could be even more in the sh*t than we are?

Easy tiger....

pineapple stu
I wouldn't say that.

dcfcsteve
07/11/2008, 11:38 AM
Not a good day for Irish football.

A difficult month ahead for Bohs.

pineapple stu
07/11/2008, 11:38 AM
I think both those sentences are way out.

micls
07/11/2008, 11:42 AM
I don't agree with this at all. Bad day for Bohs

More negative coverage, another club who will be financial difficulty and its not bad for the league?

pineapple stu
07/11/2008, 11:46 AM
Another club driving the recent huge wage inflation can't do it any more. Only Pat's are really left. Bohs were never sustainable without the deal (which they screwed up), so it's good that other clubs don't have to chase them to achieve a modicum of success.

With 22 clubs spending sustainably, the league can move forward. Ultimately, we're one club nearer that now.

Dodge
07/11/2008, 11:47 AM
More negative coverage, another club who will be financial difficulty and its not bad for the league?

Don't see the correlation between Bohs losing a court case over land and negativity towards the league

placid casual
07/11/2008, 11:53 AM
i feel sorry for bohs.
no honestly I do.(who's laughing at the back there, stop sniggering i'm being seri....
nah sorry people just cant do it.
OH DEARY DEARY DEARY ME!!!!!

home.
roost.
chickens.
come.
to.

funny as fook.

mypost
07/11/2008, 12:00 PM

Not this time. :D

joeSoap
07/11/2008, 12:05 PM
Happened a year too late....if it happened last year it might have prevented Fenlon from buying himself another title.

McShels
07/11/2008, 12:06 PM
Oh what a glorious day, the chickens are roosting nicely now in dalymount park but they would want to be careful Bohs might try and sell them.....Twice!!!!!!!

:D:D:D: (Damn the 3 smiley limit)

OneRedArmy
07/11/2008, 12:07 PM

I think both those sentences are way out.Unless you
1) view the ultimate situation whereby UCD are the only club left as being "a good day for Irish football"
OR
2) Have found some Holy Grail that says that Irish football has undergone a road to Damascus-type conversion and all clubs will be run on a solid footing going forward
then today, like the other recents days when Cork, Drogs etc. had their days of infamy can't be described as anything other than "not a good day".

PS Steve, I think "a difficult month ahead for Bohs" is possibly the biggest understatement of the season!

Longfordian
07/11/2008, 12:08 PM
How are they going to pay back the €2-3m to Carroll? Increase the mortgage on Dalymount? Can't see the banks flocking to do that.

dcfcsteve
07/11/2008, 12:17 PM
PS Steve, I think "a difficult month ahead for Bohs" is possibly the biggest understatement of the season!

But it can't be - Pineapple Stu says so.....!?!

dcfcsteve
07/11/2008, 12:21 PM

I think both those sentences are way out.

Both scentences way out.....? :eek:

1) It's not a bad thing if you take the narrow, short-termist, naive view that I suspect you are here.

Is it good that clubs who mortgage their future get a come-uppance ? Yes. Will it change anything in football ? No.

Meanwhile, it looks now that Dalymount will at best be severly compromised as a ground, and that the Republic's longest-running senior club, and the one in longest continuous existence, are in severe financial jeopardy.

If you can't see how all that is bad for Irish football, then I suspect it's you who's 'way out'.

2) It's way out to say that Bohs have a difficult month ahead ?!?! :o I'm not even going to answer that one, as it's so patently daft I don't need to....

Longfordian
07/11/2008, 12:31 PM
To be fair to stu, I think he meant you were understating it massively!.

mypost
07/11/2008, 12:33 PM
Meanwhile, it looks now that Dalymount will at best be severly compromised as a ground, and that the Republic's longest-running senior club, and the one in longest continuous existence, are in severe financial jeopardy.

If you can't see how all that is bad for Irish football, then I suspect it's you who's 'way out'.

The fact that they bought the league with money they never had, and screwing every other club in the process was much worse for Irish football, than the state they're in now.

Only yesterday, they were crowing about how many records they were setting, gloating over their record over us this season, without acknowledging that it was all fake.

Welcome to the recession, gypos. It will last a while. :D

dfx-
07/11/2008, 12:35 PM
Both scentences way out.....? :eek:

I'm thinking pineapple meant that the two sentences are mutually exclusive.

Dodge
07/11/2008, 12:35 PM
Steve doesn't get tones...

Should be easy enough fr Bohs to remortgage (AGAIN) to pay off their debts. Banks are very willing to take on risky stuff like this now.

(Just for steve - THIS IS SARCASM!)

pineapple stu
07/11/2008, 12:37 PM
To be fair to stu, I think he meant you were understating it massively!.
Thought that was fairly obvious alright. In a month and a day, will Bohs be grand and over this? Course they won't.

Most people on here are in agreement that it's a good day for the league. The only way it's a bad day for the league is if people think the money being spent was somehow the league's genuine level, but that clearly was never the case.

This was always going to happen. As with bad things that are always going to happen, it's good to get them uot of the way and start focussing on progress again.

I'm thinking pineapple meant that the two sentences are mutually exclusive.
Nope; just that "It's bad news for the league" is wrong and "Difficult month [emphasis on the month] ahead for Bohs" is wrong.

galwayhoop
07/11/2008, 12:38 PM
it IS another bad day for the league and a terrible day for Bohs (albeit probably not underserved).

The last 3 champions Shels, Drogs and now Bohs have gone (will go) to the wall. It will send out a message to the non-LoI football "supporter" that the league is fooked.

Expect a lot of coverage on this one from reporters that would probably struggle to name 5 grounds in the league!!!

Longfordian
07/11/2008, 12:38 PM
So will Sporting Fingal become the new Northside power then?!..followed by the now compulsory future financial difficulties.

pineapple stu
07/11/2008, 12:40 PM
Off topic, but Sporting Fingal are being bankrolled by the Corpo and a property developer, yeah? So when does Gannon pull out?

Longfordian
07/11/2008, 12:44 PM
Didn't he guarantee the budget for five years when the Council set them up or something like that? I wonder how enforceable that is.

Krstic
07/11/2008, 12:46 PM
Only a few years back Derry City were robbed of a league title by Shels doing something similar and now, if we win our last 3 games, it's quite possible that we've been robbed of another title by Bohs doing the same.

I think I'm going to have to change the honours roll on my Derry City poster at home.
LOI titles won-2
LOI titles stolen by overspending Dublin Clubs in cahoots with the FAI-2:eek:

pineapple stu
07/11/2008, 12:47 PM
I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't overspending massively yourselves this season.

blackholesun
07/11/2008, 12:49 PM
Another good day for the league as another unsubstainable club stretching themselves too far will have to pull back now and try to run their club substainably.

bhs