PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie vs YBIG Match

theworm2345
06/11/2008, 4:58 PM
It has been suggested at YBIG that there be a match between YBIG and foot.ie. I suggested February 11th or 12th (because I'll be in Dublin then :D) but I don't know what dates are realistic. If you're interested please post here (And include your position)

This is what has been compiled over at YBIG

Ybig team
Count
Gerk
Justice
Hoskins
Worm (if he decides he wants to make himself available)
Gazsh
Tuff Paddy
FreeWheeler
Mcgoldrick
Citizenerased (Goalie)
LondonIrish
Quagmire
Rovers
RogerMilla :eek:
Andy Duffy
JimmyRabitte
Billy O'Toole
Tash Kent

Foot team
Honeymonster
Greentribe
passinginterest
DmanDmythDledge
tetsujin1979
ireland4ever
irishultra
hula4
Armando
RogerMilla :eek:

Manager:
paul_oshea

I'll play for foot if you guys don't have enough though and the match is on the 11th or 12th

paul_oshea
06/11/2008, 7:20 PM
can i be the manager of foot.ie? I can't play football so would be nice to be able do something!

passinginterest
06/11/2008, 7:25 PM
I'd be interested. A lot would depend on time and if I had a match myself or not. Playing right back at the moment, can play anywhere in midfield and have played up front too. Just call me utility player.

DmanDmythDledge
06/11/2008, 7:47 PM
I'd definitely be up for this (if it suits when the time comes). Can plat right wing or upfront.

tetsujin1979
06/11/2008, 8:09 PM
count me in, again if the time suits
right full or centre half

Green Tribe
06/11/2008, 8:16 PM
half these tramps on ybig team are moonlighting :D tut tut

boovidge
06/11/2008, 8:22 PM
I post on foot.ie but my gran posts on YBIG. Can i play for either?

Ireland4ever
06/11/2008, 8:30 PM
Yeah id be up for representing foot...reckon the keeper for ybig is dodgey on the crosses...
Stick me down for left wing... more killer than duffer though!:D

L37Ultra
06/11/2008, 8:39 PM
I'd be interested.

But only if Foot.ie pay my expenses for travelling to Dublin and I expected a 10% goal bonus. :D

theworm2345
06/11/2008, 8:40 PM
I post on foot.ie but my gran posts on YBIG. Can i play for either?
Do you have the proper papers saying your gran posts there?

John83
06/11/2008, 10:12 PM
I'd be interested.

But only if Foot.ie pay my expenses for travelling to Dublin and I expected a 10% goal bonus. :D
Sure. As long as you hitchhike, buying nothing along the way, I'm sure Dahamsta would see reason.

irishultra
06/11/2008, 10:16 PM
count me in defo. centre midfield or centre back

hula4
06/11/2008, 10:32 PM
id love to be involved as well, any venue in mind?

ill play wherever im put

Ash
07/11/2008, 8:28 AM
half these tramps on ybig team are moonlighting :D tut tut

Dual registration scandal!!! Surely the FAI will stamp down hard on this!

Bluebeard
07/11/2008, 8:51 AM
I've played for Foot.ie a couple of times, against Dutch opposition and boards.ie in 2006, though I doubt if I'd be able to get back in Dublin at the time, it being a Wednesday / Thursday, what with having a job for a living and all that. Make it a weekend and I'll get across. Better again, make it the weekend of the 7th/8th of March (opening weekend for the league I am guessing).

The former Foot.ie Illuminati would include Anto McC (good solid central player, mid if I recall correctly, probably our best player both games), -dfx is an excellent keeper, Block_G_Raptor (also in goals), Sligoman on the left (I think), Steno, Deecay, and a few others - I think collie played for us too. I would recommend the management team to get in contact with these lads. I'll try to root out the threads that these games were discussed on and post links accordingly.

NeilMcD
07/11/2008, 10:39 AM
Would love to have played but unfortunatley will not be back from injury. Sorry about that.

Sligo Hornet
07/11/2008, 10:49 AM
Would love to have played but unfortunatley will not be back from injury. Sorry about that.

They're not!!:D

Only joking Neil.....how is the knee?....physio getting easier?

NeilMcD
07/11/2008, 10:50 AM
Just waiting on a date for my operation. Physio is making it easier to walk etc but will be back on crutches for about a month after the operation.

Armando
07/11/2008, 11:15 AM
I don't post on here as regularly as i'd like to, but would definitely play if you needed me and I was available. I play on Tuesdays and Thursdays so not available for them and weekends are hit and miss with work, but sure I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I presume it will be full size astro pitch if it's going to be a weeknight?

Oh, I play centre-mid or up front, but again you can slot me in anywhere I'm needed.:ball:

paul_oshea
07/11/2008, 12:56 PM
There is some intense rivarly going on here, the lads at YBIG think most of ye are fools(i see where they are coming from in fairness). Some healthy competition. Hopefully there wont be any need for any segragation between fans :D

RogerMilla
07/11/2008, 1:22 PM
very interested in this will need to lose aabout 2 stone to get down to my optimum playing weight of 14 stone though....

Sligo Hornet
07/11/2008, 1:23 PM
The Foot.ie Flag is certainly bigger than the YBIG one......not least as the YBIG one was stolen by some scally in Podgorica!

NeilMcD
07/11/2008, 1:25 PM
There is some intense rivarly going on here, the lads at YBIG think most of ye are fools(i see where they are coming from in fairness). Some healthy competition. Hopefully there wont be any need for any segragation between fans :D

I think they were talking about yourself Paul.

citizenerased
07/11/2008, 2:45 PM
Whos up for it the members of YBIG against Foot.ie in a UFC Championship. The first fight could be between the two Heads (the Count-YBIG) and (Dahamsta- Foot)...

What ya reckon

Ybig team v FOOT.ie
Count V Dahamsta
Gerk v Pineapple Stu
Justice V Neil McD
Tash kent v Bear11
Freewheeler v AidoM
Citizenerased v Ireland4Ever
Hoskins v tetsujin1979
Mcgoldrick v Kingdomkerry
Gazsh v Ealing Green
Tuff Paddy v Armando
Andy Duffy v Paul O’Shea
Quagmire v Lopez
Billy O'Toole v Stuttgart88
RogerMilla v gspain
Erimus v Ciaran
JimmyRabitte v Dr. Ogba
Andy t v Kingdom hoop

Whose up for it….the only rules are…there are no rules

Stuttgart88
07/11/2008, 2:47 PM
Bring back Tuff Paddy.

RogerMilla
07/11/2008, 2:47 PM
dont forget the undercard with GT and Babysis in a mud-wrestling bout

paul_oshea
07/11/2008, 3:34 PM
I think that would be the one that most people would be going to see roger.

I never liked that Andy Duffy tw@t, cant wait to get in the ring and pummell him.

Dahamasta v the count would be a good match up.

Citizen what about galah, he could probably fight with himself?! He is certainly good at playing with himself(so says GT anyhow!)

ya bring back Top Paddy.

tetsujin1979
07/11/2008, 6:58 PM
Whos up for it the members of YBIG against Foot.ie in a UFC Championship. The first fight could be between the two Heads (the Count-YBIG) and (Dahamsta- Foot)...

What ya reckon

Ybig team v FOOT.ie
Count V Dahamsta
Gerk v Pineapple Stu
Justice V Neil McD
Tash kent v Bear11
Freewheeler v AidoM
Citizenerased v Ireland4Ever
Hoskins v tetsujin1979
Mcgoldrick v Kingdomkerry
Gazsh v Ealing Green
Tuff Paddy v Armando
Andy Duffy v Paul O’Shea
Quagmire v Lopez
Billy O'Toole v Stuttgart88
RogerMilla v gspain
Erimus v Ciaran
JimmyRabitte v Dr. Ogba
Andy t v Kingdom hoop

Whose up for it….the only rules are…there are no rules

I could take him!

NeilMcD
08/11/2008, 8:07 AM
I think that would be the one that most people would be going to see roger.

I never liked that Andy Duffy tw@t, cant wait to get in the ring and pummell him.

Dahamasta v the count would be a good match up.

Citizen what about galah, he could probably fight with himself?! He is certainly good at playing with himself(so says GT anyhow!)

ya bring back Top Paddy.

Who is this Top Paddy you speak of. Is he as cool as Tuff Paddy.

At the momment I would get the **** kicked out of me in the fighting contest so I opt to join in the mud wrestling of GT and Babysis. I am sure I can at least poke one of their eyes out.

Traps Cat
08/11/2008, 12:06 PM
Im interested- Goalkeeper if you need one

eirebhoy
08/11/2008, 12:25 PM
ya bring back Top Paddy.
As long as he posts in the off topic forum. ;) Of his many posts on here he rarely actually taked about football. :D

btw - citizenerased, I use this site to talk about football. That's the big difference between ybig and foot.ie. It doesn't mean were dry ****es because we don't turn most threads into a laugh and joke. I'd rather talk about football. I had a great laugh in the pub last night.

Billsthoughts
08/11/2008, 1:39 PM
btw - citizenerased, I use this site to talk about football. That's the big difference between ybig and foot.ie. It doesn't mean were dry ****es because we don't turn most threads into a laugh and joke. I'd rather talk about football. I had a great laugh in the pub last night.

isnt football supposed to be a laugh tho?

eirebhoy
08/11/2008, 1:53 PM
isnt football supposed to be a laugh tho?
To be honest, if I saw a thread titled "Cillian Sheridan" I'd want to read about the lad and not Dermot Gallagher or something completely off topic. I spend too much time on the internet as it is so I don't want to go trawling through rubbish in threads to read what the topic is about. :) It's not bebo or the like.

Billsthoughts
08/11/2008, 1:59 PM
fair enough

paul_oshea
08/11/2008, 7:58 PM
To be honest, if I saw a thread titled "Cillian Sheridan" I'd want to read about the lad and not Dermot Gallagher or something completely off topic. I spend too much time on the internet as it is so I don't want to go trawling through rubbish in threads to read what the topic is about. :) It's not bebo or the like.

jees EB, when you say that it scares me, have you found some sort of theorem on how to stop time?!(hopefully dodge might get this one!! ;))

Green Tribe
08/11/2008, 9:56 PM
paul o'shea and neil mcd cut it out. Just cos galah kept you warm in Mainz Paul!
And Roger, the only person i would fight is ernesto, i would kick his ass :D
I would love to play for foot.ie, might consider it if Feb, but traipsing to Dublin :(

sligoman
08/11/2008, 10:05 PM
Good to see GT got the sack as manager. Good decision!

Green Tribe
09/11/2008, 8:33 PM
Good to see GT got the sack as manager. Good decision!

feck off silageman.
You think paul o'shea is going to be any better :eek::rolleyes:

hula4
10/11/2008, 3:50 AM
feck off silageman.
You think paul o'shea is going to be any better :eek::rolleyes:

sack the board, sack the board!!!!

citizenerased
10/11/2008, 8:39 AM
As long as he posts in the off topic forum. ;) Of his many posts on here he rarely actually taked about football. :D

In fairness its like a classroom in here on occasion, its supposed to be a bit of banter with opinion, like YBIG.Serious power tripping going on.:confused:

Erimusred
10/11/2008, 10:53 AM
who said i was playing for ybig!

if an offer of a burger and few cans of stella came in, id be up for smashing a few ybig'ers

NeilMcD
10/11/2008, 12:40 PM
In fairness its like a classroom in here on occasion, its supposed to be a bit of banter with opinion, like YBIG.Serious power tripping going on.:confused:

Quiet at the back.

galah
10/11/2008, 4:53 PM

Round 2 citizen? ...you comin back for another hiding aka Mainz style?!

citizenerased
11/11/2008, 10:57 AM
Round 2 citizen? ...you comin back for another hiding aka Mainz style?!

Ive been working out galah, i will crush you in round two! :D

theworm2345
06/01/2009, 12:37 AM
They want April 10th, good friday...does that suit people here?

tetsujin1979
06/01/2009, 9:32 AM
not really, I;d imagine with the long weekend, most people will be travelling that day?

theworm2345
08/01/2009, 7:11 AM
not really, I;d imagine with the long weekend, most people will be travelling that day?
Someone will have to come up with a different date then because thats the only day they could agree on over there.

DmanDmythDledge
11/03/2009, 10:17 PM
Bump.

Anyone still up for this? Don't know how others feel but Good Friday would be a bad day for me (and most people I'd guess). Let's see can we actually get a team together and get back to the lads on YBIG asap if we do with suggested date, venue etc.

irishultra
11/03/2009, 10:55 PM
yeah dfinetly up for it.

eirebhoy
11/03/2009, 11:28 PM
What's the standard of this match? What type of pitch? Is it a boots and shin pads job?