PDA

View Full Version : Track played when coming out after HT in the Euro games

KianD
05/11/2008, 6:20 PM
Mate of mine who was at the Efsborg game wants to know what the 'imposing classical' track thats played when your lads were running back on pitch was. I should know the name, but I don't...

Anyone got a clue?

Saint_Charlie
06/11/2008, 5:49 PM
When the saints go marching in by louis armstrong?

It was either that or greenday....

KianD
12/11/2008, 11:19 AM
Was some orchestral affair, could be the first one, definately not Greenday/U2 though.

HarpoJoyce
12/11/2008, 12:41 PM
Dario G's Carnaval de Paris (France 1998) gets played alot. It was definitely played at the end of the RDS match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sohy-MJa6S0

St. Pat's are very Euro-centric, I was at the other Richmond Park games, I wouldn't be suprised if they played it then too.
It may not be the tune your looking for though.

When it was released I understood every country competing in France '98 was represented by an instrument in the tune. But I think there may be more than one version and the British Isles get to hear more bagpipes then the latin versions.

KianD
12/11/2008, 10:33 PM
Wasn't Carnaval de Paris for definite. Released by a band named after a Football League manager and all...

Wasn't the Louis Armstrong version of When The Saints - had to listen to it to make sure he hadn't done something very, very strange with it.

I don't think I was imagining it as I was at the Efsborg and Hertha games and heard it both times.