PDA

View Full Version : Duggan Gone?

Hulsey
05/11/2008, 12:48 PM
According to last fridays herald, Duggan has been released from his contract. Is this true? would be a huge loss if it is he's been one of our better players this year. He wasn't even on the bench on friday, and there were no reports of injury or suspension. Anyone able to shed any light on this?

superfrank
05/11/2008, 3:39 PM
I heard it as well.

AFAIK, he was just released by the club. No explanation, no news about it.

Seagull
05/11/2008, 3:45 PM
I heard it as well.

AFAIK, he was just released by the club. No explanation, no news about it.

It's in the Bray People today, says he left before the Cobh game and has Eddie saying it was nothing to do with the 40% wage cut. Seems a bit sus though, big loss...

dublinwanderer
05/11/2008, 4:12 PM
obviously he'd go to another club....

afaik he refused the 40% paycut and contacted the pfai about it, they couldnt help him, so the club had to release him. really annoyed that he is gone, one of the only players who showws fight and determination... at least we'll save money on his suspension fines!!!!!!

all the best mark

Seagull
05/11/2008, 6:40 PM
Yeh,

I wonder where he will go

Well if he wants to avoid wage-cuts, his options will be fairly limited in this League!

naoise kennedy
05/11/2008, 8:26 PM
obviously he'd go to another club....

afaik he refused the 40% paycut and contacted the pfai about it, they couldnt help him, so the club had to release him. really annoyed that he is gone, one of the only players who showws fight and determination... at least we'll save money on his suspension fines!!!!!!

all the best mark
firstly i like duggan, his fight and his commitment but .. all players were asked to take a pay cut afaik they all excepted these cuts. bray wanderers hope to repay the players between end of season and christmas.. these players all have jobs and some bray players get between 400 and 800 euro per week for playing with bray.. this now shows why duggan was playing for bray and it was not for the love of the club.. gone are the days when players played for there club because they wanted to play football.. yes players should be payed but cop on duggan you were going to get it later...

superfrank
05/11/2008, 8:49 PM
Lads, did yez read Seagull's post?

It's in the Bray People today, says he left before the Cobh game and has Eddie saying it was nothing to do with the 40% wage cut.

KR's Post
06/11/2008, 9:36 AM
firstly i like duggan, his fight and his commitment but .. all players were asked to take a pay cut afaik they all excepted these cuts. bray wanderers hope to repay the players between end of season and christmas.. these players all have jobs and some bray players get between 400 and 800 euro per week for playing with bray.. this now shows why duggan was playing for bray and it was not for the love of the club.. gone are the days when players played for there club because they wanted to play football.. yes players should be payed but cop on duggan you were going to get it later...

Find that extremely hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!! No way...

centre mid
06/11/2008, 9:46 AM
I find that figure hard to believe myself.

naoise kennedy
06/11/2008, 11:13 AM
I find that figure hard to believe myself.
i could'nt believe it either when i heard who they were also,, but the point i was making was that everybody else excepted the pay cut with no issues and duggan did'nt... why should he be so different to all the other players.. i'm sure they were ****ed about the pay cuts but they still took them...

superfrank
06/11/2008, 5:19 PM
i could'nt believe it either when i heard who they were also,, but the point i was making was that everybody else excepted the pay cut with no issues and duggan did'nt... why should he be so different to all the other players.. i'm sure they were ****ed about the pay cuts but they still took them...
naoise, Eddie told the Bray People that Duggan being released had nothing to do with the 40% paycut.

BrayUnknowns
07/11/2008, 2:24 PM
naoise, Eddie told the Bray People that Duggan being released had nothing to do with the 40% paycut.

100% correct

centre mid
07/11/2008, 3:54 PM
I think we need to buy some good midfielders for nxt season,its that position we are lacking quality!

I think you living in dream land, we wont be buying anyone from what I understand. The club is on its knees at the moment, obviously staying up will help, but its squeaky bum time........

centre mid
07/11/2008, 4:04 PM
Drogheda might not get a prem licence next year anyway and who knows what other dark secrets lie around the corner. Its one up one down next year anyway, so I wouldnt wory about it for now.

naoise kennedy
07/11/2008, 4:39 PM
I think we need to buy some good midfielders for nxt season,its that position we are lacking quality!

Along with forwards,Ger Rowe has scored about.....what? 5 goals? when he scored nearly 20 last year? doesnt make sense to me,he should have been banging in the goals this year,along with Myler,but they havnt.If they had,we wud have had a completely different season
.. Bo mckeever has is eye on at least one or two players from wicklow that he rates very highly,,