PDA

View Full Version : Limerick match

Sheridan
20/10/2003, 6:38 PM
Couldn't make it to Limerick, but judging from the team selected, the side seems to have lined out as follows:

Horgan
Toccy, Griffin, McGauley, Clarke
Dunne, Crowley, Cottsy, Doyle
Farrell, Maher

Was Wes Byrne injured, or dropped? Any chance of some ratings, Ringo? How did Clarke do at left-back, and what was Cottsy like?

Maynard
20/10/2003, 9:16 PM
Sounded like it was close enough, couldn't put our chances away.
Conceeding an early goal made things tough for us.
Looking forward to the game on Saturday, but to be realistic I think we have to take all 3 points if we want automatic promotion.
Fingers crossed that we can create more than we did against Cobh.

Ringo
21/10/2003, 6:37 AM
the usual problem, lots of chances, but no one able to finish them. Alan was injured. Cottsy & Maher played well. but as usual Toccy & Sweat & Robbie Horgan were the best, keeping us in the game. We missed some great chances, same old problem, no one to finish up front.

TheRealRovers
24/10/2003, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by Sheridan
Couldn't make it to Limerick

Originally posted by Maynard
Sounded like it was close enough
For a team thats top the league this says every thing about Dublin City fans

Sheridan
24/10/2003, 9:10 PM
I do hope you'll join us in the Premier the season after next, if only for the extra fixture; beating Sligo three times a season JUST ISN'T ENOUGH.

By the way, I know you don't really have occasion to glance at the top of the table, but we aren't currently in first place. I'd suggest that you peruse the tables more carefully, but even that might not do any good. Reporting accurately what one saw (or didn't see) is not a trait for which Sligo are renowned (as John Gill found to his cost.)

TheRealRovers
25/10/2003, 5:11 PM
I'm looking forward to playing Dublin next season again in the first division with your part time supporters:p

Maynard
30/10/2003, 5:22 PM
To the Sligo man (who must have accidently stumbled from his own forum...nothing to gloat about here surely) Not to rise to your bait or anything, but I'd just like to say that some of us play as well as follow sport and thus day trips to Stab City are not always possible.
Perhaps you'd jump at the chance to leave Sligeach for the day, but some of us have other distractions that occasionally prevent us from leaving the capital.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

TheRealRovers
30/10/2003, 6:08 PM
That last post say's every thing about Dublin City supporters:D

Éanna
30/10/2003, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
That last post say's every thing about Dublin City supporters:D
Says everything about Dubs full stop. Arrogant centralist gits

Maynard
31/10/2003, 12:12 PM
Not sure who you country lads expected to find on the Dublin City message board? Yes we are Dubs. Don't like it then stick to your own board, very simple.
As for my post about not being able to travel to Limerick, I don't think I/we have to justify every away game we can't make (for whatever reason) to some bored fans of a team that aren't even involved...

Éanna
31/10/2003, 12:13 PM
country lads
what country lads? last time I checked there was more than one city in this country :rolleyes:

sadloserkid
31/10/2003, 1:15 PM
thus day trips to Stab City are not always possible.

Not to mention the fact that your average Blackrock ponce is so blinded by media rubbish that he's afraid to set foot outside of Dooblin.

Just to clear that up! ;)

Maynard
31/10/2003, 5:22 PM
:D :D :

TommyT
05/11/2003, 5:44 PM
To the Sligo man (who must have accidently stumbled from his own forum...nothing to gloat about here surely)

Apart from the fact Sligo would still have more fans than you even if they were 22nd in the league, which is exactly what he is gloating about.

Lads do yourselves a favour and folow Bohs or Shels...

TheRealRovers
05/11/2003, 8:39 PM
Originally posted by TommyT
Apart from the fact Sligo would still have more fans than you even if they were 22nd in the league
:D

Juz the Hoop
06/11/2003, 9:09 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
Says everything about Dubs full stop. Arrogant centralist gits

Now Now Eanna no need for that

considering your from a county which thinks they are better than anyone else and should be independent from this country. God that would be sweet. ;) . So if you wanna talk about arrogance. I hate C**k.

Youll never be the capital

KOH

JUZ

Juz the Hoop
06/11/2003, 9:12 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Not to mention the fact that your average Blackrock ponce is so blinded by media rubbish that he's afraid to set foot outside of Dooblin.

Just to clear that up! ;)

And that your average country ponse is afraid to set foot inside Dublin cause of media rubbish and believe me I have first hand experience of this

KOH

JUZ

sadloserkid
06/11/2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Juz the Hoop
And that your average country ponse is afraid to set foot inside Dublin cause of media rubbish and believe me I have first hand experience of this

KOH

JUZ

Whatever, I was at the match in question so that's kinda a moot point Juz.

Juz the Hoop
06/11/2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Whatever, I was at the match in question so that's kinda a moot point Juz.

Fair enough

;)

KOH

JUZ

Éanna
06/11/2003, 10:19 AM
considering your from a county which thinks they are better than anyone else and should be independent from this country.
THINKS?! we don't THINK we're better, we KNOW it! :) BTW, not afraid to set foot inside Dublin because of media hype, I just don't bloody like the place!

joeSoap
06/11/2003, 10:22 AM
Why is a thread titled "Limerick Match" all about petty squabbles between Sligo Rovers and anyone who wants to slag them off???

sadloserkid
06/11/2003, 10:29 AM
Fair enough

;)

KOH

JUZ

;)