PDA

View Full Version : Relegation Battle This Weekend

finnpark
05/11/2008, 11:31 AM
Bohs vs Cobh
Im hoping that Bohs will put out a good team here to beat Cobh.

Galway United vs Harps Live RTE 2
The Finn Harps TV jinx returns, I don't think that we have ever won a match that is live on TV.

Galway United beat Harps 0-2 in Ballbofey with Jay O'Shea exceptional. It could have been 7 or 8 nil to Galway as they simply outclassed a poor Harps team with Jorgenson and John Russel also showing their class. Harps certainly have problems down the left with Tyrell really poor and most teams creating a lot of chances against us from our left. We never got over the loss of Shaun Williams. See previous match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxvfA0croyc

Also, Gallagher has been suspect in goals and our defense has really leaked goals.

Gethins has been rubbish in front of goal and Parkhouse got lucky last week but rarely scores. The Galway back 4 look really solid since Kenna took over too.

Lets hope for a fair refereeing performance at least with no penelties or red cards given unless they are deserved :)

I think that no other matches should be on when there is a Live game on TV :confused:

carrickharp
05/11/2008, 11:47 AM
I don't think that we have ever won a match that is live on TV.

We won against Galway away in the cup semi final in 1999!

harps1954
05/11/2008, 11:49 AM
I don't think that we have ever won a match that is live on TV.

We won twice on TV - 1974 Cup Final v St. Pat's, and the 1999 Cup semi-final victory in Terryland against Galway.

In all, Harps have played 11 times in front of the TV cameras - we have won 2, drew 5 and lost 4.

finnpark
05/11/2008, 11:49 AM
We won against Galway away in the cup semi final in 1999!

Could lightening strike twice?

finnpark
05/11/2008, 11:50 AM
we won twice on tv - 1974 cup final v st. Pat's, and the 1999 cup semi-final victory in terryland against galway.

In all, harps have played 11 times in front of the tv cameras - we have won 2, drew 5 and lost 4.

lol :d

harps1954
05/11/2008, 11:53 AM
Parkhouse got lucky last week but rarely scores.

A bit harsh in my opinion. Parkhouse is far from my favourite player, but he has only started 19 games this season and has scored 7 goals.

pineapple stu
05/11/2008, 12:11 PM
Bohs vs Cobh
Bit harsh. Bohs put out a full strength team against us (or as near to one as I could tell). They were clearly in end-of-season mode though, which is where Cobh's hopes lie.

Claret Murph
05/11/2008, 1:02 PM
Lets face it , we are in for a very close game and I just know that Parkhurst will score at some stage of the game . I am going for a high scoring draw but I hope that I am wrong :(

GenerationXI
05/11/2008, 1:13 PM
TV jinx or no TV jinx you have to relegate that shower for us so we can beat them four times next year on our way to promotion. ;)

monzo
05/11/2008, 6:53 PM
Bohs vs Cobh

Galway United vs Harps Live RTE 2
We never got over the loss of Shaun Williams. See previous match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxvfA0croyc

Shaun Williams did barely anything during his stint. Bags of potential though if he puts his mind to it.

holidaysong
05/11/2008, 7:29 PM
Shaun Williams did barely anything during his stint. Bags of potential though if he puts his mind to it.

He had a great season with us until he got injured last year.. Where is he now?

BohsPartisan
05/11/2008, 7:38 PM
Bit harsh. Bohs put out a full strength team against us (or as near to one as I could tell). They were clearly in end-of-season mode though, which is where Cobh's hopes lie.

Not quite full strength, strong enough side though.

harpstilidie
05/11/2008, 10:12 PM
He had a great season with us until he got injured last year.. Where is he now?

Back at Drogs. Was on the bench against us there last week afaik.

bohs til i die
06/11/2008, 8:54 AM

We do have a cup final in a few weeks so are hardly in end of season mode. Also the team we put out last week was a strong one and I dont think that will change this week either.

eamo1
06/11/2008, 9:21 AM
I cant wait for this game tomorrow night.Harps are our bogey team in Terryland in recent times.Im so nervous about it.9/4 draw looks a really good bet,which will be really bad for us but theres just something telling me we wont win this game and a nerve racking final day looks on the cards.Actually even if we win tomorrow a nerve racking final day will still be on the cards but i can breathe a little easier.I hope Jeff doesnt change the system just because we lost the last day,its served us well in recent months.
My heart says 2-0 to us,my head says 1-1.

Sam_Heggy
06/11/2008, 10:59 AM
I'm going for a 3-3 draw. We each have dodgy defences and have players capable of baging an odd goal on their day, namely O'Shea, Russell, Gethins and Parkhouse.
For our own sake I obviously would prefer us to win and Cobh to lose to guarantee us our place in the Prem next season.
Which ever team that is in the driving seat after this weekend will have another televised game fro the last game of the seaosn imo.
All kick offs are set at 7.35pm for the final weekend of the season.

pineapple stu
06/11/2008, 1:40 PM
We do have a cup final in a few weeks so are hardly in end of season mode. Also the team we put out last week was a strong one and I dont think that will change this week either.
In that case, last week was a damn good performance by us. :)