PDA

View Full Version : Appeal of Wexford decision

joeSoap
05/11/2008, 9:15 AM
I believe that the appeal into the fine and awarding of the points to Wexford is being heard tomorrow. I find this whole appealing thing strange, as we clearly contravened the rules (for whatever reasons) and got away relatively lightly with a fine of only a grand.

To appeal this is going to cost a minimum of €2,500 and we are faced with the prospect of stiffer sanctions (bigger fine) if they so decide. Why are we making such a hoo-ha out of this? I believe the matter should have been let rest after the initial decision which was lenient enough I believe.

The only thing I can think of is the awarding of the points and we want to get the chance to win them on the field, but surely we had the opportunity to do that already, and didn't take it. I think thats what we'll be told.

Battery Rover
05/11/2008, 9:19 AM
To appeal a decision costs €500 and is refunded should the origianal ruling be overturned

joeSoap
05/11/2008, 9:28 AM
OK, I accept your better knowledge on how much the appeal costs. My main point about it is that we shouldn't bother appealing it. Maybe I'll be proven wrong though.

Battery Rover
05/11/2008, 9:38 AM
A rule was broken and no one can deny that but does anyone know what grounds the club are appealing it on. it might be something as simple as a error in procedure which do happen on occasions.

The participation agreement has quite a few rules that must be adhered to.
Something as simple as what appears to be a biased committee (maybe a wexford official was part of it) of three could be the difference between winning and losing a case

JohnD
05/11/2008, 9:45 AM
I think the club are absolutely correct in appealing this decision. Whilst I have always felt that we should have played the match under protest the fact that Wexford got off scot free is, in my opinion, totally wrong.

In the Spirit of the game Wexford should have been fined for the unprofesional conduct of their "Stewards" and also the Media comments by Wallace. He has yet to retract the disgraceful accusations that he made to them.

Best of Luck with the Appeal and let's hope the Ref's report may, this time, be taken into consideration and Wexford get suitably punished for their awful treatment of the team and Management of Limerick FC.

All the best
John

joeSoap
05/11/2008, 9:59 AM
I agree with that John, but surely the club can't appeal sanctions (or lack of them) for another club. I think we were wrong, got what punishment we deserved, the three points were always going to be forfeitted, the fine wasn't too draconian and surely we cannot influence how a committee punishes another club.

I just think sleeping dogs should be left to lie, thats all.

GenerationXI
05/11/2008, 12:34 PM
I would have thought, as you do JoeSoap, that you can only appeal the sanction imposed upon you and not how the other party is dealt with. In which case we have no business appealing.

sadloserkid
05/11/2008, 3:31 PM
I would have thought, as you do JoeSoap, that you can only appeal the sanction imposed upon you and not how the other party is dealt with. In which case we have no business appealing.

Sure with the money from the Trap gig we can afford to appeal all sorts of things. I hope we'll demand a recount in Florida. :)

gspain
05/11/2008, 4:08 PM
We should have played the game under protest.

Wexford lost the gate money so they were punished. Had we played under protest I imagine they would have been sanctioned.

Do we really want to go back down there midweek?

We got the Trap gig because of some serious goodwill from the FAI towards Jack McCarthy and the club. I guess we have lost the goodwill.

I thought we got off very lightly and risk having worse sanctions imposed on us.

jaorta
05/11/2008, 5:21 PM
We should have played the game under protest.

Wexford lost the gate money so they were punished. Had we played under protest I imagine they would have been sanctioned.

Do we really want to go back down there midweek?

I thought we got off very lightly and risk having worse sanctions imposed on us.

i agree absolutely.mick made a bad call on the night ,we got at least what we deserved and we will be sorry for appealing.our finances are stretched enough without throwing good money after bad.:(

briancool21
05/11/2008, 7:33 PM
yeah i think we should leave it off its not as if the 3 points are going to be any use seen as we can't go ne higher or lower than 5th neway.was up in dublin yesterday nd da cabbie i was talkin made out that we're the laughing stock of the eircom.league after this

Jofspring
05/11/2008, 10:09 PM
yeah i think we should leave it off its not as if the 3 points are going to be any use seen as we can't go ne higher or lower than 5th neway.was up in dublin yesterday nd da cabbie i was talkin made out that we're the laughing stock of the eircom.league after this

Us the laughing stock ha, thats funny. He obviously hasn't been looking at whats been going on with the teams in the premier. This is a very small matter in comparison.

Monkfish
06/11/2008, 7:54 AM
da cabbie i was talkin made out that we're the laughing stock of the eircom.league after this

......and what was your responce to Anto from the rank?

GenerationXI
06/11/2008, 10:41 AM
...was up in dublin yesterday nd da cabbie i was talkin made out that we're the laughing stock of the eircom.league after this

Holy SHI7!!! Cab drivers think we're a laughing stock! :eek: I'm officially no longer an L37 supporter. [Mons all the way!] I can take the Corkies and the Wexoffenders laughing at us but not the Cabbies. I mean, they're practically a legitimate authority on everything. They're like the Wikipedia of the non-virtual world. :rolleyes:

Also, welcome. :)

Monkfish
06/11/2008, 12:02 PM
Magicme?

Huh?

Anyway, joesoap is gonna sort that for them with a contest at their last game.

http://dcmfest.com/Daisy_Duke_Contest.html

joeSoap
06/11/2008, 12:18 PM
Indeed I am.....:D

Monkfish
06/11/2008, 12:34 PM
Meanwhile in Wexford........

http://dcmfest.com/Redneck_Olympics.html

joeSoap
06/11/2008, 12:52 PM
I can't be seen to associate myself with that one however....not good for my future political ambitions.

passerrby
06/11/2008, 3:17 PM
Betting scams, informing clubs their game is off as they enter the ground, dodgy diesel, putting crests and sponsers on tesco bags and passing them off as jerseys, and a squad of Dub rejects.

I can see the attraction. :)
after seeing jackof park you were right get back on the bus in wexford the facuilities were not what you were use to although the changing rooms at the local hotel are first class

gaidin
07/11/2008, 7:56 AM
after seeing jackof park you were right get back on the bus in wexford the facuilities were not what you were use to although the changing rooms at the local hotel are first class

So is the light. You can actually see where you are running!

Monkfish
07/11/2008, 3:31 PM

i fink yuo ned en englesh lessin

passerrby
07/11/2008, 7:49 PM
Betting scams, informing clubs their game is off as they enter the ground, dodgy diesel, putting crests and sponsers on tesco bags and passing them off as jerseys, and a squad of Dub rejects.

I can see the attraction. :)

as opposed to good manners. oh and jackoff park was not a spelling mistake

Battery Rover
07/11/2008, 8:21 PM
Any word on the appeal yet?

gael353
07/11/2008, 11:43 PM
yep the club got notice today. As they were stuck for time (ie when to do a possible replay) they simply sat on the fence and stood over the decision. adding that measures have to be taken with regard warm ups in wexford. No mention whatsoever of wexford officails, wallace nothing. its as if there was only one club there. its over, season is ending roll on next year and a promotion push

Jofspring
08/11/2008, 12:14 PM
its over, season is ending roll on next year and a promotion push

Thank God!

Monkfish
08/11/2008, 6:50 PM
as opposed to good manners. oh and jackoff park was not a spelling mistake

Capital letters, full stops, and 2 spelling mistakes in fact! now i wouldnt usually correct people over these (make them mistakes myself you understand) but seeing as your trawling through the Limerick forum looking for trouble I decided id have a little go. :cool:

da bishop
08/11/2008, 6:55 PM
yep the club got notice today. As they were stuck for time (ie when to do a possible replay) they simply sat on the fence and stood over the decision. adding that measures have to be taken with regard warm ups in wexford. No mention whatsoever of wexford officails, wallace nothing. its as if there was only one club there. its over, season is ending roll on next year and a promotion push
ageed,its over and roll on next season.cant wait given our form from midseason,we have to be promotion favourites.

Jofspring
08/11/2008, 8:01 PM
ageed,its over and roll on next season.cant wait given our form from midseason,we have to be promotion favourites.

we will have to see what happens in the next four months before anyone is put as favourites.

Lim till i die
09/11/2008, 10:33 PM
oh and jackoff park was not a spelling mistake

MORTIFIED for you :o :D

More dodgy Nordie "wit" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHLxQt-jNwI)

GenerationXI
10/11/2008, 11:41 AM
after seeing jackof park...

Your argument was just so well reasoned and convincing, but I've found an appropriate retort. :rolleyes:

Three words: Century Homos Park! :D

Magicme
10/11/2008, 12:11 PM
Kingspan Century Park darling!!

Lim till i die
10/11/2008, 12:32 PM

That "darling" at the end of the name makes it sound even gayer than GenXI's one. :p

GenerationXI
10/11/2008, 1:07 PM

I didn't have much to work with really!

No offence to you obviously! :o

Magicme
10/11/2008, 1:31 PM
That "darling" at the end of the name makes it sound even gayer than GenXI's one. :p

Exactly what I was aiming for! See it is possible to make fun of us without getting nasty or liabelous. ;)

GenerationXI
10/11/2008, 2:25 PM
Exactly what I was aiming for! See it is possible to make fun of us without getting nasty or liabelous. ;)

Yeah. But the other way's more fun! :p

kev08
10/11/2008, 3:10 PM
Sure with the money from the Trap gig we can afford to appeal all sorts of things. I hope we'll demand a recount in Florida. :)

we can unless the money goes missing again:eek:

Monkfish
10/11/2008, 10:03 PM

Oh look, its the bitterhead who went on Joe Duffy to complain about the trapp gig being a waste of tax payers money. :rolleyes:

How are you after being savaged by John Gilligan? :D

kev08
11/11/2008, 6:35 AM
Oh look, its the bitterhead who went on Joe Duffy to complain about the trapp gig being a waste of tax payers money. :rolleyes:

How are you after being savaged by John Gilligan? :D

now now monk keep it country:D

jaorta
11/11/2008, 4:34 PM

i told you already that money was just resting in my account:cool:

Lim till i die
11/11/2008, 8:22 PM
How are you after being savaged by John Gilligan?

Cmereanitelloh, i swair ta gawd he's owt dere tellin everyone he ghot you your house . :D :D :D