PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Mileson RIP

Kildareman
03/11/2008, 9:02 PM
The millionaire that "lived the dream" with Gretna passed away today.
I remember the BBC documentary quite a few years ago when Brooks got bitten by the football bug. Standing on the terraces with two old boys who went to all Gretnas matches. A great story of "living the dream" all the way to the Scottish FA Cup final, Premier Division status and of course UEFA Cup football.
May he rest in Peace.

pineapple stu
04/11/2008, 9:14 AM
Sad news.

Worth remembering that before screwing Gretna over, he was a general football philanthropist who would give out five-figure sums to non-league clubs who approached him with a reaonable plan for spending it. Though he'll undoubtedly be remembered for Gretna, I suppose.

Rambling Along
04/11/2008, 8:44 PM
Sad news.

Worth remembering that before screwing Gretna over, he was a general football philanthropist who would give out five-figure sums to non-league clubs who approached him with a reaonable plan for spending it. Though he'll undoubtedly be remembered for Gretna, I suppose.

Very Sad!
Poor fella he loved his football but his illness made him seem like he baled on Gretna when he was really just selling his assets before he died. It's just nobody wanted to buy Gretna.:(

Mr Maroon
04/11/2008, 9:46 PM
Sad.

I remember that documentary mentioned in the first post.

RIP