18/10/2003, 2:53 PM
well im sure you all heard of it so who could it be:confused:

kdjaC
18/10/2003, 3:23 PM
****** [- edited by joe]:D

kdjac

joe
18/10/2003, 3:30 PM
let's not start pointing fingers (especially if you're wrong kdjaC :p )

patsh
18/10/2003, 4:03 PM
Ahh go on Joe, give some vague clues...;)

kdjaC
18/10/2003, 5:28 PM
Well thats what the fans of the team he plays for now called him while he was with us and the other teams he played for,broke their little hearts when he signed for them again :)

kdjac

Xlex
18/10/2003, 7:21 PM
this player has to be brought to justice, but in the hard cold light of day this could just as easily be a Frankie Sheehan incident. I'm more ****ed of with the leak of this information. It seams that as soon as a bit of progress is made in this league there are a few individuals in this league who want to take the rug from under our feet.

Fran Rooney get the scum out of the FAI and sort it out...

brendy_éire
18/10/2003, 8:37 PM
If it's performance enhancing drugs, it's definately not one of ours. We can be sure of that. :D

UCD_4_Life
19/10/2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by brendy_eire
If it's performance enhancing drugs, it's definately not one of ours. We can be sure of that. :D

:D

On topic - This, we don't need. [/Krusty]

Jeeze, can the eL ever get in the papers for something, you know, good?

patsh
19/10/2003, 11:18 AM
I've seen on other boards that the player in question may be playing for a team who have had problems with getting a ground to play their home games in, is "popular" with fans in the Shed at the X, (not the obvious one!) and used to be a student ....;)

joe
19/10/2003, 11:54 AM
well it's front page of Ireland on Sunday today anyway so ye can read all about it there

Gary
19/10/2003, 1:59 PM
Not surprising the team, surprised with the player. Gald its not City involved.

Feel soorry for him, as he is the best keeper in the country, and had a good career ahead of him, now its ruined! But i spse it was his own stupidity.

UCD_4_Life
19/10/2003, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by Gary
Not surprising the team, surprised with the player. Gald its not City involved.

Feel soorry for him, as he is the best keeper in the country, and had a good career ahead of him, now its ruined! But i spse it was his own stupidity.

How is it "ruined"?

For a start it hasn't even been confirmed that it's actually him and secondly the B sample results have yet to come back. Even if he gets a ban it won't be too long (see Pep Guardiola and Davids), if he does get something like a year he's still a young lad and he CAN come back. According to the rumours it was a recreational drug, if it is cannabis then it's hardly reputation ruining.

For those of you who bought the Ireland on Sunday - have a look at the date on the front: October 19, 2002

joe
19/10/2003, 5:25 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life

if it is cannabis 2

and if it's not?

UCD_4_Life
19/10/2003, 5:34 PM
Originally posted by joe
and if it's not?

Then obviously it'll be worse.

If it's cocaine or heroin I've no idea how it'll change people's opinions on him or how Rovers will handle it, if he can prove that he's clean then I'm sure someone will give him a chance - it all depends on how he does there.

Taking Davids as an example - It didn't really damage him. Juve stood by him and he's gone on to do really well.

It's a horrible situation and all we can do now is hope for the best really. Not only for the player in question but for the reputation of the league, it won't look good if the top goalie in the league has tested postitive for a Class A drug...

EireBadBoy
19/10/2003, 7:02 PM
.......Odds on it was a Flu Remedy! :rolleyes:

DruggyDrog
19/10/2003, 8:36 PM
Players shouldn't be banned for havin the odd smoke, they should be rewarded. Cos it certainly is not performance enhancing.
Eh, so I'm told, ignore my name................I'm gonna go now!

tiktok
20/10/2003, 10:37 AM
first offence with a recreational drug will be a three month ban, he'll be back for the start of next season.
the FAI have only been testing with about a year now haven't they?

mouldymurphy
20/10/2003, 2:04 PM
b sample has come back positive (tut tut tut) from rte (http://www.rte.ie/sport/2003/1020/soccer/drugs.html)

Schumi
20/10/2003, 2:20 PM
I notice that his name hasn't been mentioned on mthis thread and I assume that's for a reason.

As I see it, there's little point in the particular player named yesterday to take performance enhancing drugs so I'd say it's just recreational stuff and a fairly short ban. As said above, the EL has barely got a mention in Ireland on Sunday (didn't even have a report on Saturday's game!) until something like this blows up.

sadloserkid
20/10/2003, 2:57 PM
And it's just crying out for a homeless junkies gag!

pete
20/10/2003, 3:57 PM
I know irish people like to ape the UK all the time but trying to copy Rio Ferdinand (i know he meerly fdeclined to taje his test as opposed to fail it) is taking it a bit far.

;)

TommyT
20/10/2003, 5:38 PM
And to think I thought he didn't know where his line was after the Bohs game :D

A face
20/10/2003, 6:37 PM
Originally posted by TommyT

Boom boom !! :)

sadloserkid
21/10/2003, 10:09 AM

Somebody get that man his coat! :)

John83
21/10/2003, 12:44 PM
Believe it or not, they've just banned coke in UCD. And not before time.

A face
21/10/2003, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by John83
Believe it or not, they've just banned coke in UCD. And not before time.

:D

thecorner
21/10/2003, 11:28 PM

was probably looking for the line he left in the jacks