PDA

View Full Version : Oxegen wins European Festival of the Year

Magicme
01/11/2008, 11:36 AM
Just a bit shocked at that really! I enjoyed it bigstyle this year and did vote for it but didnt expect it to win!

Kings of Leon also won best headline act and Prodigy won best dance act.

jebus
01/11/2008, 2:58 PM
Just a bit shocked at that really! I enjoyed it bigstyle this year and did vote for it but didnt expect it to win!

Kings of Leon also won best headline act and Prodigy won best dance act.

As soon as I saw the headline I assumed the whole thing was rigged, now that I see that the Prodigy won best dance act I'm sure it was rigged

anto1208
03/11/2008, 9:42 AM
As soon as I saw the headline I assumed the whole thing was rigged, now that I see that the Prodigy won best dance act I'm sure it was rigged

Kings of Leon best headlining act :eek:
Prodigy best dance act tells you a lot about the kind of survey and people that voted for it.

paul_oshea
03/11/2008, 12:56 PM
hmmm i dont understand, the title is very misleading "oxegyn wins European Festival of the year" Am I the only one that finds this misleading?!

I mean SAYS WHO?!?!?!

Wolfie
03/11/2008, 12:59 PM
hmmm i dont understand, the title is very misleading "oxegyn wins European Festival of the year" Am I the only one that finds this misleading?!

I mean SAYS WHO?!?!?!

Yeah - surely to Jaysus if you've stood in one field and squinted into the distance at the ants on the stage you've seen them all!!!

That said - I'm contemplating heading to Slane next year so I'm a glutton for punisment.

Magicme
03/11/2008, 1:16 PM

I mean SAYS WHO?!?!?!

It was on a survey done by some geezers and MCD are bleating on about it.

jebus
04/11/2008, 12:45 PM
Kings of Leon best headlining act :eek:
Prodigy best dance act tells you a lot about the kind of survey and people that voted for it.

I never go to see guitar bands at festivals anyway, the sound is just awful on most main stages and the dance tents are usually the most fun, but Kings of Leon as best headliners most have meant there was some pretty poor headliners at this year's summer

bennocelt
05/11/2008, 11:43 AM

I mean SAYS WHO?!?!?!

what about the Ploughing champs - surely that should have won it:)