PDA

View Full Version : Monday's game vs SPA The biggest of the season, now

Counting Crow
18/10/2003, 6:55 AM
It really is one of our biggest games now.

Super job vs Drogs ( don't know as yet what the performance was like - but does it really matter away from home? ). Always a tough place to get points.

With SPA getting a good hammering, and obviously everyone there has one eye on the Cup Final, it opens up a 5 point gap between us.
We need to win - BUT MUST NOT LOOSE - up there on Monday as they still have 2 games in hand.

Heard two of their players got nasty injuries ( obviously Livingstone took another dramatic dive but landed akwardly this time - not like the game vs us earlier in the year ).

My one fear is that freak Deleany.......he scored again last night. He has always been trouble for us. Derek and Dan better get their jumping shoes on and let's not have too many high balls into Doyler at the other end.
Does anyone remember Jimmy Mulligan's last game vs UCD when the freak was marking him. We kept pumping high in at him......it was actually comical........anyway, I digress!

The Cup can play funny tricks on a team so now is the time to put one over on that shower.

Europe here we come........!

Colm
18/10/2003, 11:17 AM
A win is absolutely vital, it will put us 8 points ahead of Pats meaning that even if they win their 2 games in hand we'll still be two points ahead of them.
We lose and the gap is only 2 points and, with their games in had, that won't be enough.
It's really big game for us. Hopefully we'll have a lot of support at it to get behind the lads.
Come on the Rebel Army.:ball:

thecorner
18/10/2003, 12:19 PM
everygame from here on in is gonna be like a cup final for city

all huge games and need all the support we can get

we know we r all guilty but in recent weeks we have only been getting behind the team when we score or go one down

this has to change from here on

SO FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON

NO CRITICISM OF PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST TOTAL SUPPORT

LETS BRING BACK THE SHED AND THE CORNER OF OLD

tiktok
20/10/2003, 10:20 AM
There's still a load of big games left but the gap that a win would create would be brilliant, i for one won't be adding the points up until the game is over, Pat's gave Bohs a few scares even after they were three up on friday, i reckon at home they're favourites tonight.
are there many heading up tonight????

b_mcsweeney
20/10/2003, 10:20 AM
anyone confirm what time is KO this evening? 7.45?

pete
20/10/2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by b_mcsweeney
anyone confirm what time is KO this evening? 7.45?

Pats always play at 7.45. I'm going on that basis that its that time anyway.

NorthoftheLee
20/10/2003, 10:58 AM
ya its def. 7.45 KO.

I presume McDowells before the game??

pete
20/10/2003, 1:59 PM
I'll should be in MacDowells from 7pm.

Bit o alcohol needed to take my mind off being in Inchicore again ;)

Shed End John
20/10/2003, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow

The Cup can play funny tricks on a team so now is the time to put one over on that shower.

It's certainly one of the biggest games this season. Pat's probably (and hopefully) will have one eye on the Cup Final which could work very nicely to our advantage, as could their injuries. The Europe sentiment is one I very much echo. However, as others have said, they do have 2 games in hand so at worst we'll need a draw, all 3 points more likely, though. And NO f**k ups whatsoever for the rest of the season.

thecorner
20/10/2003, 8:49 PM
biggest game of the season is now..............................

U.C.D. at the cross on friday

SEI
21/10/2003, 1:32 PM

Super job vs Drogs ( don't know as yet what the performance was like - but does it really matter away from home? ). Always a tough place to get points.

With SPA getting a good hammering, and obviously everyone there has one eye on the Cup Final, it opens up a 5 point gap between us.
We need to win - BUT MUST NOT LOOSE - up there on Monday as they still have 2 games in hand.

Heard two of their players got nasty injuries ( obviously Livingstone took another dramatic dive but landed akwardly this time - not like the game vs us earlier in the year ).

My one fear is that freak Deleany.......he scored again last night. He has always been trouble for us. Derek and Dan better get their jumping shoes on and let's not have too many high balls into Doyler at the other end.
Does anyone remember Jimmy Mulligan's last game vs UCD when the freak was marking him. We kept pumping high in at him......it was actually comical........anyway, I digress!

Counting crow you absolute ****WIT.

from st patsfc.com

MBABAZI FORCED TO RETIRE

It is with great regret that St Patrick's Athletic FC, announces the retirement of it's Ugandan International Charles Mbabazi Livingstone. Last Friday during the match with Bohemians the player felt very unwell and was brought to St James' Hospital, where he underwent rigorous tests. While the player has recovered fully and was well enough to leave hospital today the medical advice was that he should retire from competitive sport. further details to follow

:(

NorthoftheLee
21/10/2003, 1:37 PM
in all fairness SEI he wasnt to know...........

thats terrible news for charles , pats and the league......

Counting Crow
21/10/2003, 6:31 PM
SEI......

.......As Northofthelee said I didn't know the extent of his injury when I posted the original piece. It was meant to be just a bit of crack.

It is devastating for the guy and my heart goes out to him.

Terrible news.

Hope Pat's do something for the guy now because he has been a great servant to the LoI ....... not just them.

A face
21/10/2003, 9:55 PM
It is devastating for the guy and my heart goes out to him.

Terrible news.

Hope Pat's do something for the guy now because he has been a great servant to the LoI ....... not just them.

Hear Hear .... The league is losing another good player.