PDA

View Full Version : City vs Drogs latest

Counting Crow
17/10/2003, 8:29 PM
Latest score is 1-0 to City.

Colin T scored in the 61 minutes.

RTE keep up their usual high standards with Teletex.......nothing showing and the other scores are all incorrect compared to TV 3.

Guess there won't be anymore action in our game until added time ......... where there will probably be 7 goals with the game finishing 4-4........!

C'mon City we need this one. How about one from Georgie to seal the new contract.

Pat's being hammered is good for us plus Shels loosing also is funny even if it is against the Homeless shower.

thecorner
17/10/2003, 9:33 PM
full time 1-0

couple of strange results 2nite

Eric
17/10/2003, 10:21 PM
City deserved the win tonight but only just about in my opinion. While i thought we were the better team for the majority of the game we didn't really create too many decent chances in front of goal.

Doyler had a great game but seems a bit shy when it comes to having a go. He really worked hard tonight. Went off injured but didn't seem too bad so hopefully he'll be ok for monday night.

Didn't sit back as much tonight as we have done previously but the last ten minutes we just let Drogheda come at us.

Still can't understand why Kevin Murray keeps getting his game because the man is absolutely woeful. He plodded along tonight without even breaking sweat, surely I'm not the only one who thinks he is ****e!!!!

All in all its 3 good points in the bag and with Pats losing Europe is still a posibility

Gary
18/10/2003, 12:55 AM
A result Vs Pats monday is now fúcking vital. Hopefully we will beat that shower of..........................,

but a draw will do, and after that, make sure we dont throw away points to UCD.

2nd is still a possibility.

thecorner
18/10/2003, 2:10 AM
Originally posted by Gary
A result Vs Pats monday is now fúcking vital. Hopefully we will beat that shower of..........................,

but a draw will do, and after that, make sure we dont throw away points to UCD.

"a result vs pats is vital but a draw will do" all in the same breath
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Colm
18/10/2003, 11:01 AM
We deserved the win, I can't remember Drogs seriously troubling us even once. We had the majority of the possession and created all the chances, although very few of them were decent chances.
Doyler played well but really needs to work on his finishing. As always, Georgie had a good game as did Colin T. Dan Murray played very well imo and played a few nice passes.
Funny moment was when Denis Behan was coming on as a sub and Doyler had already come off. Behan wasn't allowed on the pitch because the back of his jersey read 'O'Callaghan 10'. He then had to sprint all the way the dressing room to change before he was allowed come on.
The local scumbag freakshow also provided us with some entertainment before we sent them running!:eek:

Gary
18/10/2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
"a result vs pats is vital but a draw will do" all in the same breath
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Corner, FYI, a result is when you dont lose. therefore a draw is a 'result'

:rolleyes:

thecorner
18/10/2003, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by Gary
Corner, FYI, a result is when you dont lose. therefore a draw is a 'result'

DONT U THINK WE SHOULD OUR STANDARDS A LITTLE BIT HIGHER

GARY=DOLAN IS IN DISGUISE" A DRAW WILL DO SO LETS PLAY FOR IT AND BE CAUGHT IN THE LAST MINUTE"

ccfcman
18/10/2003, 1:57 PM
not gonna say nething too new but we did get a result here but if we had won our previous 4 matches it would have made a gr8 end to the season
:ball: :ball: :ball:

Gary
18/10/2003, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
DONT U THINK WE SHOULD OUR STANDARDS A LITTLE BIT HIGHER

GARY=DOLAN IS IN DISGUISE" A DRAW WILL DO SO LETS PLAY FOR IT AND BE CAUGHT IN THE LAST MINUTE"

Does your ignorance ever get the better of you Corner? What i said, in essense, is that its very important we dont lose against Pats monday, as it is a classic six pointer.

A draw will do, but obviously id prefer a win.

Éanna
18/10/2003, 2:44 PM
city deserved the win. drogs were poor and I think there was only one shot that devine had to make a decent save off. behan also hit the post. 3 good points for city, hopefully we can get at least 4 points from the next 2 games. Still don't like the way city drop further and further back as the game goes on. As for the Kevin Murray issue- haven't seen murray play in his preferred position so I won't comment on him, but what I'd like to know is why the hell dolan is playing a centre half in midfield when benno is stuck on the bench:confused: