PDA

View Full Version : Finn Harps "Round the grounds" fundraiser

Sam_Heggy
31/10/2008, 12:03 AM
Hey all from Waterford, Myself and John Campbell have done all down the west of Ireland today (Thurs 30th) going from: Finn Park to the Brandywell to Flancare Park, Lissywollen, Terryland Park, Jackman, Turners cross and Colmans park.

Its been a long day and after a few pints im ready for the leaba. I must say though, the hospitallity in Cork and Cobh was top notch. Thanks to everybody along the way for the kind donations and hospitallity it will not be forgotten.

Tomorrow the plan is to head from the RSC to, Wexford, Bray, Kildare, through Dublin then to Dundalk, Monaghan and coming back to Drogheda for the match.

The idea is we are taking pictures at each ground and all will be going on a Calender at the end of the season. Each ground will have a sponsorship beside it from local business' and this will generatre a few quid for the coffers.
Secondly our fans have been guessing the amount of time they think it will take to complete the journey at €2 per line. The closest guess wins €500.
Third revenue stream is selling of the Calenders, we got the printing of the Calenders sponsored so they will be all profit.

Its a new way of fundraising, a very good idea by our CPO John Campbell and something thats got people talking up in Donegal. The Media have loved the concept, we've been doing radio interviews and paper interviews over the past few days and they have all thought it was great new form of thinking.

Candystripe
31/10/2008, 2:09 AM
Great idea there you's have.

But I think you's would make more money if you's had of entered the olympics as that is really fast!!!!

Maybe I got it wrong?????????? I thought for a second you's were running.DUH!!!!!!

Maybe the tour de france next summer, following in Sean Kelly and Stephen Roaches footsteps.

Okay, so seriously I think it will take you's 26 hours including the trip back to Utd pK.

oldyouth
31/10/2008, 7:45 AM
Great Idea, I'll have a couple. I think all LOI fans would be happy to display pictures of the various grounds around the house/work etc

KianD
31/10/2008, 8:28 AM
Something that confuses me - 21 grounds, 12 months in a year - how are the 'excess' grounds being handled on the calander pages?

Sam_Heggy
01/11/2008, 10:26 AM
Something that confuses me - 21 grounds, 12 months in a year - how are the 'excess' grounds being handled on the calander pages?

Its all displayed on one large sheet and not on 12 pages.

The original plan was to just do pics of the grounds but now we will be addiing some of the pics with fans, officials, etc that we met along the way.

It was interesting, we done radio interviews, were raced by security, got fooken frozen, met some proper nutters, met some great football people and heard alot of clubs financial state of affairs.

Calenders will be available on our online shop which is due to be launched shortly.

The Rebel Ram
01/11/2008, 10:39 AM
Its all displayed on one large sheet and not on 12 pages.

The original plan was to just do pics of the grounds but now we will be addiing some of the pics with fans, officials, etc that we met along the way.

It was interesting, we done radio interviews, were raced by security, got fooken frozen, met some proper nutters, met some great football people and heard alot of clubs financial state of affairs.

Calenders will be available on our online shop which is due to be launched shortly.

Great idea, hope it all goes well

Tir Oilean
03/11/2008, 9:30 AM
Cool Idea stick me down for one of those posters too! PM me when ye have them ready

oldyouth
03/11/2008, 12:28 PM
Make sure you come back and post when it is ready

oldyouth
25/11/2008, 10:15 PM
Any update on the calenders lads?:)

Sam_Heggy
26/11/2008, 11:28 AM
Waiting on the printers, some problem with their machine after taking ages with the design. Hopefully within the next few days.

oldyouth
26/11/2008, 12:36 PM
Waiting on the printers, some problem with their machine after taking ages with the design. Hopefully within the next few days.
Did the picture of Ferrycarrig Park come out too dark????:confused:

Sam_Heggy
26/11/2008, 3:17 PM
Did the picture of Ferrycarrig Park come out too dark????:confused:

It didn't look great but I think the guys have it sorted now. Some others didn't come out great either but its amazing what a computer can do with these pics.

6yardpunisha
27/11/2008, 6:52 PM
It didn't look great but I think the guys have it sorted now. Some others didn't come out great either but its amazing what a computer can do with these pics.

bit of airbrushing for you eh sammy boy

GreenStar
28/11/2008, 7:52 AM
That's a great idea. New and novel way of raising funds. However, you've blown €500 for no reason really. If the draw to guess how long it took was only among your own fans why didn't you simply have a season ticket or some club merchandise as your prize? Either ways, well done. I hope it's all a success for you. I'm sure if you posted on the Rovers message board some of the lads there would take some calendars. Harps would be a lot of Rovers fans second club.

Sam_Heggy
16/12/2008, 8:30 PM
Sorry folks meant to post this earlier, calenders are now ready, we included a pic from Rovers new ground, it wasn't part of the trip but decided to include it anyway.
The calender also features pics of Abbotstown, our visit to I 102-104 FM studio and pictures of fans that we met at the various grounds.

It looks the part and thanks to all who helped.

oldyouth
17/12/2008, 1:30 PM
How do we get hold of one Sam??

Sam_Heggy
17/12/2008, 1:58 PM
How do we get hold of one Sam??

Our online shop is held up so I might see if webmaster can post a pay-pal link to purchase Calenders, ill let you know sometime today.

Thanks for the support folks.