PDA

View Full Version : Devo

tressonisgod
13/09/2001, 10:36 AM
Some people in Bray have started calling for Devo to be sacked. A poor start to the season and they want him out. What they need is someone to replace Bo McKeever (on and off the field!). Now is the time for us all to get behind Devo and the Wanderers- this can be a great season yet...

Gerry Desmond
13/09/2001, 11:18 AM
As a CCFC fan I have to say I have been impressed with Devo's record at Bray. There's been plenty of silverware over the seasons and even if a lot of the time was spent moving between divisions, he led the club to Euro contention last time out. He seems well on the road to establishing Bray as a Premier club which is a step up from the yo-yo experience of previous years so he should be given credit for that too.
It's early days yet, fans often forget this. CCFC took 1 point from their opening three games and the MBs were full of people looking for Murph's head.
I would suggest if Devo was to be dumped that a lot of his good work would be undone fairly rapidly. Is that what Bray fans really want?

Gerry

James
13/09/2001, 11:25 AM
gerry and most of us that have seen the team play are still looking for murphs head

Gunther out

Gerry Desmond
13/09/2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by James
gerry and most of us that have seen the team play are still looking for murphs head

Gunther out

And I have called for Murph's head where, James?
Could have sworn I came to his defenece just recently...

Gerry

James
13/09/2001, 12:10 PM
gerry and most of us that have seen the team play

gerry most AFAIK doesnt and never did mean all
therefore I wasnt necessariyl talking about you
even though Len is gone you still feel the need to stir things up
or maybe its cause the programme is being outsold by the new city fanzine
:D

Gerry Desmond
13/09/2001, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by James

gerry most AFAIK doesnt and never did mean all
therefore I wasnt necessariyl talking about you
even though Len is gone you still feel the need to stir things up
or maybe its cause the programme is being outsold by the new city fanzine
:D

Maybe you should just be a little bit clearer as to how you phrased things, James. To anyone not overly familiar with previous postings, the quote 'gerry and most of us...' implies that Gerry + most of us etc etc.

'And' usually makes a connection, James, NOT a distinction. Schoolkids know that.

As for 'stirring it up'; like, where? I'd consider myself a fairly moderate poster. Evidence, James, or else stop saying things that just ain't so....

Gerry

James
13/09/2001, 1:23 PM
sry either wasnt watching what i was typing or may have been thinking one thing and typing another.
replces the and ( a connection ty Gerry ) with a , or comma ( as we like to call them)

FAO everyone. Gerry never (publicly :D ) called for gunthers head, or any other part of his body too for that matter.

Once again apologies gerry

Gerry Desmond
13/09/2001, 1:24 PM
Thank you, James! :)

Gerry

Gerry Desmond
22/09/2001, 4:53 PM
Devo's had quite a good week, has he not?

5:1 v Longford
5:1 v Dundalk

BWFC fans still unhappy?

Gerry

tressonisgod
22/09/2001, 8:53 PM
A few johnny-come-latelys wanted rid of him after a couple of bad results. Then in flew Paul Keegan (no plane- he flew straight accross the Atlantic!) to replace Bo as asistant manager (see my original message) and to play a bit too. 10 goals in two games... now who wants rid of Devo???:D