PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Flexy
29/10/2008, 12:39 PM
I know the seasons not finished yet but who will be staying or going at your club for next year and where will they be going to

Battery Rover
29/10/2008, 12:45 PM
I would expect most if not all of our Galway based players to be playing with there local team next season if they are returning to part time football

Looks like there wont be a lot of money round any club next season so players will be looking to play closer to home

monutdfc
29/10/2008, 12:48 PM
I expect Dundalk will sign 2 or 3 of our best players for another failed promotion push next season ;)

WoodquayBoy
29/10/2008, 12:49 PM
The fact we have signed a local 'keeper (Gerard Hanley), are likely to go part-time next year and all bar Gary Rogers and Jay O'Shea are out of contract at the end of this season more than likely means that Alvin Rouse won't be at Terryland next season

Sam_Heggy
29/10/2008, 1:13 PM
Anybody want some players?

Our 2 goalkeepers are to leave at the end of the season, Gallagher through injury is retiring early.
Minnock is considering calling it a day, he's one of a minority at the club I hope stays.
Holmes is constantly linked with Derry and I wouldn't be surprised to see him cross the border.
Malcom could be on his way back to Scotland.
Labonte is looking like hanging up the boots early too, constant knee problems have plagued him for a while now.
Boyle is retiring to work on his duties with the FAI.
McCafferty will more than likely go to who-ever offers the most money (to him)
Tyrell will hopefully return to Rovers after his loan spell.
Byrne is still undecided, if he can get fit and play the majority of a season I would keep him on a pay per play basis, otherwise another for the door.
PLEASE GOD somebody take Beckett the sicknote loving leech, ill drive him where ever just please take him.
Word is that Parkhouse is heading back to Irish League.

So overall a massive change in our squad next season. Not all of the above are confirmed but its very likely.
If we are to be relegated (Jaysus I must have forgotten my pills today, I meant to say when we are....) we will be fielding a fairly young side imo, based mainly with young Donegal lads from our reserves this season.

Again, I must repeat, anybody at all willing to take Beckett? My offer still stands.

Dodge
29/10/2008, 1:18 PM
Could be all change at Pats too. A lot depends on whether the manager stays or goes obviously.

Anyway we've apparently lined up Zayed and Robinson to come in. Heading to England are probably Fahey, and possibly Dempsey. O'Neill's off to Bohs

A fair amount out of contract too. I'd expect Lance Friesz to be No 1 keeper next season

Longfordian
29/10/2008, 1:24 PM
We've only one player, Andy Bermingham, under contract for next year so I'd imagine we'll be seeing a few changes. We had one other player on a contract but he's broken his contract by playing GAA without permission. To give you a clue he was photographed in yesterday's Independent playing for Celbridge. Up to that point he'd been denying he was playing GAA as well. He's not much addition anyway so good luck to him. Our more expensive players won't be offered the same money anyway I wouldn't think. Ronan Frawley is apparently heading to Galway. Haven't heard any other rumours yet.

pineapple stu
29/10/2008, 2:52 PM
I'd expect Lance Friesz to be No 1 keeper next season
You can't just leave that hanging there! Where's Bazza maybe or maybe not going?!

Expect a bit of a clear out at UCD over the winter. Been told Pete Mahon's 90% certain to be around next year, but there'll always be rumours (Pat's being the strongest at present), so I'll believe it when I see it. There's a bit of a budget cut to be had too. Ronan Finn and Matt Gregg are the only two under contract, AFAIK.

BohsPartisan
29/10/2008, 2:58 PM
Other than the well worn, Keegan, Byrne and O'Neill in and Joxer out rumours, I've heard very little.

Sheridan
29/10/2008, 3:19 PM
Stuey Byrne and Gary O'Neill to Bohs are certainties, Keegan 90%. Bohs considering a number of centre-halves for next season, Gavin Peers being the most likely. Some talk of a move for Bray's full-back Pender.

Pat's will finally get their hands on Zayed. A couple of clubs who should know better are thinking of repatriating Trevor Molloy from the IL, possibly on loan.

Surprisingly quiet at the moment. A buyers' market this close season so clubs are taking their time to size up their budgetary situations.

passerrby
29/10/2008, 3:57 PM
I believe our plans are to go full time next year so that will require a massive increase in budget we intent signing as many top players as possible and offer them as much as is needed to get them. then next sept we plan in having a major cutback in our spending as we will be broke so we will launch a massive fund raising campaign to save the club along with letting our most expensive players go finally we plan to go into examinership in oct ....what ,its worked in the past

finnpark
29/10/2008, 4:07 PM
I believe our plans are to go full time next year so that will require a massive increase in budget we intent signing as many top players as possible and offer them as much as is needed to get them. then next sept we plan in having a major cutback in our spending as we will be broke so we will launch a massive fund raising campaign to save the club along with letting our most expensive players go finally we plan to go into examinership in oct ....what ,its worked in the past

Get your own business plan, stop copying ours :p

De Town
29/10/2008, 4:15 PM
Andy Bermingham, under contract for next year
good to hear, quality player.

We had one other player on a contract but he's broken his contract by playing GAA without permission. To give you a clue he was photographed in yesterday's Independent playing for Celbridge. Up to that point he'd been denying he was playing GAA as well. He's not much addition anyway so good luck to him.
PM please?! cant think of who it might be..

Ronan Frawley is apparently heading to Galway. Haven't heard any other rumours yet.
there is a god! our worst player imo, and thats saying alot when you consider some of the ****e we've got.

passerrby
29/10/2008, 4:21 PM

ok so we have not thought it through but thats the beauy of it it allows you to say you did not see it coming.

oh and as for stealing it finn i beg to differ nobody owns the rights to this plan as it was issued by the fai to all premier div clubs last year

iceman
29/10/2008, 4:22 PM
Graham Garland on trial with Helsingborgs for the past week. Interest also from Ipswich and Dundee United.

passinginterest
29/10/2008, 4:28 PM
Graham Garland on trial with Helsingborgs for the past week. Interest also from Ipswich and Dundee United.

I had heard from a fairly good source that he was looking to move to Scotland. Considering about 80 players have played for the Youths first team in the last 2 seasons I'm sure we'll have plenty of new faces, I hear rumour there's a pregnant woman somewhere in South Wexford who's due a week before the start of the season, Wallace has heard good things about the family so he's hoping to make him the youngest player in league of Ireland history at approximately 7 days old.

I really thing we'll see at least one or two players offered deals by other clubs, the first real tests of Wallace's amateur ethos.

Mr A
29/10/2008, 4:30 PM

Will he be playing on Friday? Not that it makes a difference with our front line....

Longfordian
29/10/2008, 4:32 PM
I had heard from a fairly good source that he was looking to move to Scotland.

He'd be friendly with Sean Dillon who plays with Dundee United. He could end up over there.

oldyouth
29/10/2008, 4:32 PM
. I really thing we'll see at least one or two players offered deals by other clubs, the first real tests of Wallace's amateur ethos.
And you know he won't back down. He stated yesterday that the under 18 All Irelands remain paramount in the club ethos.

Tir Oilean
29/10/2008, 7:34 PM
Frawley back to Galway????? You must be nuts. He'll not get into the squad, let Athlone have him

eamo1
29/10/2008, 7:55 PM
Jay O'Shea is going for a trial with Birmingham at the end of the season.Alex Mc.Cleish was apprently in the Stand at the cup semi last Sunday.
The annual "Gethins is going to Galway Utd" rumour has started again,is it that time of year already?

micls
29/10/2008, 8:00 PM
Id be expecting to lose an awful lot of our players, especially given our wage bill is to be cut to around 20k(including backroom).

That said there was an interview with liam kearney saying himself and others wanted to stay even though they knew the wages would be cut.

We'l see I guess

Lim till i die
29/10/2008, 8:06 PM
Id be expecting to lose an awful lot of our players, especially given our wage bill is to be cut to around 20k(including backroom).

That said there was an interview with liam kearney saying himself and others wanted to stay even though they knew the wages would be cut.

We'l see I guess

What are the options for the likes of Liam Kearney though??

Pats or Bohs don't want you then you just have to settle.

The halcyon days are over.

micls
29/10/2008, 8:09 PM
What are the options for the likes of Liam Kearney though??

Pats or Bohs don't want you then you just have to settle.

The halcyon days are over.

Liam, given his performances this year, would get another club Id imagine. but I doubt he'd want to leave again.

However he'l probably have to take a big pay cut to stay

Obviously the likes of Healy, Gamble and Murray(who all ahve interest from abroad) are the ones with teh most options, and the ones most likely to leave.

Of all players I hope we keep Dan but I would be surprised if he would take a big pay cut when he could get a lot more abroad.

Sam_Heggy
29/10/2008, 8:16 PM
The annual "Gethins is going to Galway Utd" rumour has started again,is it that time of year already?

In all honesty, if ye come up with the dough then I wouldn't lose any sleep over him leaving.
Not as good as being made out.

Lamper.sffc
29/10/2008, 9:00 PM
Would expect to loose Doyle.

Paddyfield
29/10/2008, 9:09 PM
Frawley back to Galway????? You must be nuts. He'll not get into the squad, let Athlone have him

He works in an insurance company in Galway, eventhough he's from Athlone.

Longfordian
29/10/2008, 9:10 PM

That's just what I heard. Maybe he's signing for your A team or something! I think he's working in Galway these days.

finnpark
29/10/2008, 10:01 PM
Our 2 goalkeepers are to leave at the end of the season, Gallagher through injury is retiring early.

That explains a lot really. His 2 errors against Sligo were unforgivable.

All Drogheda have to do on Friday is get the ball on target. :rolleyes:

sligoman
29/10/2008, 10:12 PM
We've only 6 players signed up for next season. Can't afford to offer the others an extenstion yet.

Cookie will be gone if we can't sign up a good few of the others.

cheifo
29/10/2008, 10:28 PM
I see, so lets get this right.Everybodies players are out of contract and nobody has any money so budgets will be slashed.Where are all these players going to go? Sounds like FAS would be the best place to start.

Sheridan
29/10/2008, 10:34 PM
Would expect to loose Doyle.
Which of the obvious candidates to sign him hasn't already been burnt by him and would risk touching him again?

Jersey Cow
30/10/2008, 8:45 AM
Jay O'Shea to Bohs...done deal!!

Ash
30/10/2008, 9:18 AM
Sounds like FAS would be the best place to start.

FAS courses/money being cut too so wouldnt be looking there!

gufct
30/10/2008, 9:26 AM

Should have told someone in Galway seeing he has a year left on his contract.After 5th November every player in the league could be singing the same tune .Bohs cant afford what they have never mind the money Jay would cost them.

Rocky77
30/10/2008, 9:38 AM
We've only one player, Andy Bermingham, under contract for next year

Thank Christ for that. Smashing player

Schumi
30/10/2008, 9:43 AM
I see, so lets get this right.Everybodies players are out of contract and nobody has any money so budgets will be slashed.Where are all these players going to go?Most won't go anywhere and will just be on less money.

Mr A
30/10/2008, 10:08 AM
Should have told someone in Galway seeing he has a year left on his contract.After 5th November every player in the league could be singing the same tune .Bohs cant afford what they have never mind the money Jay would cost them.

But could O Shea claim to be a free agent since his wages were cut in July I wonder?

finnpark
30/10/2008, 10:11 AM

Bohs are like one big scrap yard. They don't say no to anytrhing thats going. Reminds me of Shels

WoodquayBoy
30/10/2008, 10:16 AM
But could O Shea claim to be a free agent since his wages were cut in July I wonder?
In short, no. They were cut in June.

Mr A
30/10/2008, 10:22 AM
Still, the point is can a club hold out for a fee whose original contract they could not honour? All depends on the detail of the cut of course and whether a new contract was signed at the time.

GuisaSaigon
30/10/2008, 10:24 AM
Still, the point is can a club hold out for a fee whose original contract they could not honour? All depends on the detail of the cut of course and whether a new contract was signed at the time.
They all signed new contracts at the time AFAIK

gufct
30/10/2008, 11:12 AM
exactly Saigon Jayo is contracted for next season as is Gary Rogers . Any player on Bohs books will be free come next week methinks if the rumblings coming out of Dalyer are to be believed.

GUISAUltra
30/10/2008, 11:29 AM
Ronan Frawley is apparently heading to Galway. Haven't heard any other rumours yet.

definitely dont want that p isshead back

iceman
30/10/2008, 2:48 PM
Doolin says in the local rag that Gartland is not part of his plans for this weekends game against Harps. Club not confirming that he has left. He did come to the Drogs fans at our last home game and applauded and threw his jersey into the crowd. Best of luck to him.

Candystripe
30/10/2008, 4:31 PM
Doolin says in the local rag that Gartland is not part of his plans for this weekends game against Harps. Club not confirming that he has left. He did come to the Drogs fans at our last home game and applauded and threw his jersey into the crowd. Best of luck to him.

Gartland would be top of my list along with Dan Murray for next season. We could only take one of them and they would still have to take a wage cut, although the price of living is a lot lower here than in the 26 counties.

I'll be happy with what we have with the addition of probably Holmes and one of the above two.

I don't see us going over the €24k a week next season again although I think clubs like Bohs and Cork will probably have similar budgets to us (depending on Bohs legal worries) and only Pats will have a larger budget.

So I think the Derry team next season will not have changed at all apart from losing 2 and signing 2 players.

Jofspring
30/10/2008, 7:44 PM
Limerick probably just going to try hold on to as many of the current team as possible and maybe ad one or two more experienced players to help push on for promotion. The budget on wages supposedly being upped slightly.

LeixlipRed
31/10/2008, 12:21 AM
Depends on whether we go up or not. The board will more than likely stick to a fairly low budget no matter which way it goes.

Flexy
31/10/2008, 8:25 AM
So I think the Derry team next season will not have changed at all apart from losing 2 and signing 2 players.[/quote]
Who will be leaving - Possibly Harggy and maybe McHugh

Lilywhite Army
31/10/2008, 11:13 AM
This isnt really a transfer but i can almost 100% gaurantee you Scully will be appointed the new Dundalk manager ..
was in the stand for are game last night..