PDA

View Full Version : Friday night is Fright night

Magicme
28/10/2008, 2:13 PM
Friday night is Fright night at Kingspan Century Park as Monaghan United host an Eircom League of Ireland game with a difference. With the help of local children, Monaghan United hope to scare Longford Town off the pitch as they host a Halloween fancy dress evening.

United invite all children attending the game to come dressed up in their Halloween Costumes where they will be given a “Trick or Treat” goody bag and get to sample some “Witches Brew” straight from the cauldron and spooky snacks in the specially decorated creepy cavern.

There will be a prize for the best costume so don your witches hats and scary masks and make your way out to Kingspan Century Park before 8pm to enjoy a spine-chilling night of football and frights.

Hopefully with the help of the frightening fans and their blood curdling cheers, Longford Town won’t stand a ghost of a chance of winning.

* Warning, not for the faint hearted. Mwhahahaha.

GenerationXI
28/10/2008, 2:18 PM
[quote=Magicme;1048211]There will be a prize for the best costume[quote]

I'll be at this one and if that BallHead wins I'll raise hell.:D

Ash
28/10/2008, 2:18 PM
Longford Town will be doing their part by having 11 people dressed up as footballers for the evening :D

Magicme
28/10/2008, 2:21 PM
[quote=Magicme;1048211]There will be a prize for the best costume[quote]

I'll be at this one and if that BallHead wins I'll raise hell.:D

Ha ha. Are you coming along? Make sure to come and say hello, I will be the one who looks like a witch and I wont even have a costume on!

Longford Town will be doing their part by having 11 people dressed up as footballers for the evening :D

:D

Oh you are a very bad boy!

GenerationXI
28/10/2008, 2:26 PM

Kildare tried that the last time I was there and it went ok for them.:D

Yes, I'll be there, it's Halloween after all, Limerick is very definitely NOT the place to be. :o

Longfordian
28/10/2008, 2:27 PM
Martinho can bring his monkey costume along.

Magicme
28/10/2008, 2:33 PM
Kildare tried that the last time I was there and it went ok for them.:D

Yes, I'll be there, it's Halloween after all, Limerick is very definitely NOT the place to be. :o

Too true and I suppose you will be in Dundalk Thurs night so its only over the road to us the next night.

Cool the more the merrier! Tempted to dress up as the woman in King Kong now!! :D

Longfordian
28/10/2008, 2:36 PM
Yes, you may get practicing your screaming and looking terrified Magicme. Shouldn't be too difficult when we get our bloody revenge for our last abomination of a performance against you lot.

GenerationXI
28/10/2008, 2:37 PM
Too true and I suppose you will be in Dundalk Thurs night so its only over the road to us the next night.

I was in Flancare yesterday and I'll be in Century Homes on Friday; If I'm not in Dundalk on Thursday I won't have a home to go to in Limerick!!! :p

Magicme
28/10/2008, 2:40 PM
I was in Flancare yesterday and I'll be in Century Homes on Friday; If I'm not in Dundalk on Thursday I won't have a home to go to in Limerick!!! :p

She's a lucky lucky woman! :D

GenerationXI
28/10/2008, 2:41 PM
She's a lucky lucky woman! :D

Yeah, cuz she hasn't met me yet! :D

Magicme
28/10/2008, 2:56 PM
I meant your mammy!

Martinho II
28/10/2008, 7:11 PM

Cool the more the merrier! Tempted to dress up as the woman in King Kong now!! :D

nows that a great idea!! i dress as a monkey!!:D

Lim till i die
28/10/2008, 10:29 PM
nows that a great idea!! i dress as a monkey!!:D

Technically King Kong was a gorilla ;)

Just wouldn't want you to look sily :p

jebus
28/10/2008, 10:44 PM
I would just like to point out that Generation XI was part of the public outcry when Princess Diana died, he laid a bunch of roses and all, not saying his emotions aren't to be trusted, but you know.............

Lim till i die
28/10/2008, 10:49 PM
I would just like to point out that Generation XI was part of the public outcry when Princess Diana died, he laid a bunch of roses and all, not saying his emotions aren't to be trusted, but you know.............

The "Rule Brittania" ringtone and hatred of the hurlers are a bit suss aswell :p

GenerationXI
29/10/2008, 8:11 AM

The woman was a saint, a goddamn saint and all you've done for the past 5 years is malign the woman's memory. It makes me sick Jebus. . . *uncontrallable sobbing*

The "Rule Brittania" ringtone and hatred of the hurlers are a bit suss aswell :p

All I'm saying is that the roads are better up there, and I like the way the Red and Amber traffic lights come on at the same time.

monutdfc
29/10/2008, 8:20 AM
Sounds like a great idea Magicme - hope it is a great success

Magicme
29/10/2008, 8:32 AM
Thanks monutdfc. Will you be coming up for it? Hows your princesses??

Macy
29/10/2008, 8:42 AM
Same as every game....

monutdfc
29/10/2008, 9:30 AM
Thanks monutdfc. Will you be coming up for it? Hows your princesses??
Afraid not, I think my football attendance is over for the season (except maybe the Cup Final).
Princesses are beautiful. Ciara was 2 yesterday, celebrated with a Gruffalo cake Nigella (aka her mother) made.

Magicme
01/11/2008, 11:26 AM
Was a great night! Great result, fun with all the kids. Am a tired but happy witch today.

Martinho II
01/11/2008, 6:37 PM
Was a great night! Great result, fun with all the kids. Am a tired but happy witch today.

i was so scared seein that witch last night!!:D

Magicme
02/11/2008, 2:14 PM
i was so scared seein that witch last night!!:D

Yeah so scared you were hugging me! :D

Martinho II
02/11/2008, 9:10 PM
Yeah so scared you were hugging me! :D

i just wanted to check that the witch was real!!

Magicme
03/11/2008, 9:00 AM
i just wanted to check that the witch was real!!

:D Aw good man Marty. Have never seen you so down as you were that night. Maybe if you had put money on us to win you might have been happier! :D

Martinho II
03/11/2008, 9:49 PM
:D Aw good man Marty. Have never seen you so down as you were that night. Maybe if you had put money on us to win you might have been happier! :D

well pretty true.. i was in horrible form that nite.. hopefully u will come down to sean pruntys match and i will make it up to you!:D

GenerationXI
05/11/2008, 12:38 PM
Great game and the place looked really well. I was very impressed with all of the effort that had been put in and the nephew loved the free sweets - unsurprisingly.

Great result too.

Magicme
05/11/2008, 12:39 PM
Was I talking to you?? Why didnt you tell me who you were!!! Were you the tall guy with the other tall guy??

GenerationXI
05/11/2008, 12:49 PM
Was I talking to you?? Why didnt you tell me who you were!!! Were you the tall guy with the other tall guy??

Yeah we came as a same-sex couple. We thought it was topical.

I didn't know who was who TBH.