PDA

View Full Version : MyTeam.ie

Pages : [1] 2 3

Youths4Ever
28/10/2008, 2:05 PM
What is general feeling of people the http://www.myteam.ie/ website?

Not sure why Wexford did not sign up.

I can see the plus and negatives of this site does seem a little pricey for what you get.

From Youths point of view we already offer most of the items for sale (prices may be a little off)

Club Towel - Not available but maybe something to look at as we do live in the sunny south east
Hat - €8
Scarf - €11 - €12
Pin Badge - €5
Gym Sack- We have a gear bag just into stock
Luggage Spotter - Do not see a market for it to be honest
Window Sticker - €3 for sticker with club badge
Affiliate Card - From what I have read it is worth very little unless the club and club sponsor agree to discount etc.

Is this part FAI's Marketing Campaign for 2009 or is it a venture by individuals?

micls
28/10/2008, 2:20 PM
Too expensive for what you get imo. Prefer to pick what I want in the club shop.

Danny
28/10/2008, 2:27 PM
looks decent to me
would prefer if the scarf / hat didnt have www.myteam.ie on them but can live with that.
the bag and the towels are the best things about it for me.

John83
28/10/2008, 2:28 PM
Is this part FAI's Marketing Campaign for 2009 or is it a venture by individuals?
It's an independent company set up by a couple of LoI fans - the guy behind the Drogs shop is one of them. There's no official FAI connection to it, but Noel Mooney was positive about it at the fans' forum.

MMVIII
28/10/2008, 2:28 PM
Nice idea but tbh i cant see many people buying it. Too expensive.

Magicme
28/10/2008, 2:30 PM
It is primarily aimed at the exiled fan. I know when I move to France I certainly would love to sign up to this and get those goodies sent out to me!

GenerationXI
28/10/2008, 2:40 PM
Not sure why Wexford did not sign up.

Probably because the website crashed when they tried to put Hot-Pink into the colour scheme! :D

sparkey
28/10/2008, 3:40 PM
Admittingly it seems expensive for what you get, but would make an ideal Christmas or Kris Kringle gift for any LOI fan. Think the LTFC beach towel looks class.

Martinho II
28/10/2008, 7:01 PM
It's an independent company set up by a couple of LoI fans - the guy behind the Drogs shop is one of them. There's no official FAI connection to it, but Noel Mooney was positive about it at the fans' forum.

the fella that wrote the book about drogheda utd history last year is behind this venture...

DRDoc
28/10/2008, 7:05 PM
There's no official FAI connection to it

Not quite true

oldyouth
28/10/2008, 7:31 PM
I would drop the luggage spotter, gym bag and affiliate card (still don't know what that does). There are plenty of other things that could have been included such as;
Key Rings, Mugs, Caps, Bottle Opener, Mouse Mats, Posters, Caps, Clocks etc

I think putting their own website details on the merchandise it a big error

Dodge
28/10/2008, 7:56 PM
Won't be getting it. The myteam name on the scarf and hat make them unusable. Only thing I'd like is the gym bag. Not paying €80 for it

Be interesting to see any of the actual products, rather than just designs though

holidaysong
28/10/2008, 8:00 PM
I think putting their own website details on the merchandise it a big error

Putting on the site that they are behind the Drog shop was also a big error.. :D

Magicme
28/10/2008, 9:44 PM
There are plenty of other things that could have been included such as;
Key Rings, Mugs, Caps, Bottle Opener, Mouse Mats, Posters, Caps, Clocks etc

Those are being considered for next years pack. Each year the pack will change so that people can renew their membership and get new stuff.

sligoman
28/10/2008, 10:55 PM
I like the idea of towel and gym sack but 75euro is definitely a rip-off and I won't be getting it. I'd also agree that putting their website on the merchandise takes away from it.

WoodquayBoy
29/10/2008, 11:00 AM
Just had a look there, good Lord it's pricey for what you get. What the hell is an 'affiliate' card for? Luggage spotter! Keep the towel, hat, scarf, badge and car sticker, add a mug and keyring and then you have a decent package. Best of luck to them, but that is pricey

OneRedArmy
29/10/2008, 11:14 AM
E30 is a lot to pay the clubs for effectively licensing their logos.

Can't help think E50-60 would have been a better price point.

oldyouth
29/10/2008, 12:18 PM
The downside of buying a bulk mix of anything is that it may be good value per item, but not everybody would want all the items in it

Ash
29/10/2008, 12:28 PM
The downside of buying a bulk mix of anything is that it may be good value per item, but not everybody would want all the items in it

Yep, thats the tricky part. I think the lads wanted to include items that wernt
already/usually stocked in shops. The towel is definately a good item and to a
certain extent the gym bag but I doubt the rest wouldnt be big sellers as
individual items. Especially with the hat & scarf having the myteam.ie branding.

Depending on how its used I can see the Affiliate Card causing some problems.

GenerationXI
29/10/2008, 12:45 PM
It seems a little ludicrous that they didn't ask people on this website what they would want in a pack before they launched it. Market Research anyone? :rolleyes:

If the people on this site won't buy the pack who will? :confused:

My advice: If it's not too late, take all of this criticism on board and put together a pack with unique and desirable memorabilia - i.e. Items which can't be bought in a club's shop. :)

Battery Rover
29/10/2008, 1:45 PM
They dont receive all the money when you take VAT and the cost of making the item. I know down here a scarf selling at €12 when you take out purchase cost etc only shows about €4 profit

Plus there is no risk to the club with stock left over.

I don't know how our sales are going but I have received plenty of enquiries about it already through our official website

OneRedArmy
29/10/2008, 1:46 PM
i dont know why anyone would buy something with their teams crest on where the club only receives less than half of the cost, why not buy directly from your respective club and then they keep all the money??You do realise the clubs have to pay for merchandise they sell themselves?

40% profit margin for licensing something they don't even have to stock isn't to be sneezed at. I'd say thats as good a margin as they get on stuff they sell themselves, if not better.

BohDiddley
29/10/2008, 2:15 PM
Probably better...

Still, I can't see too many takers for a 'Bohemians FC' scarf.

pete
29/10/2008, 3:17 PM
I could see this useful to some of the smaller clubs in the league. Cork City already have online shop & city centre club shop with quiet large rent so is fairly obvious why we did not join.

As mentioned above actual pictures of the items & not just the design would be much better. Can't tell the quality from the design images.

Titan
29/10/2008, 3:24 PM
Probably better...

Still, I can't see too many takers for a 'Bohemians FC' scarf.

Dead right thats a typo on the composite for the website. The actual scarf of course has Bohemian F.C.

Titan
29/10/2008, 3:26 PM
I could see this useful to some of the smaller clubs in the league. Cork City already have online shop & city centre club shop with quiet large rent so is fairly obvious why we did not join.

As mentioned above actual pictures of the items & not just the design would be much better. Can't tell the quality from the design images.

Thats not why Cork arent in. Yes pics will be much better and will replace the drawings soon.

Dodge
29/10/2008, 3:32 PM
I'd imagine Cork aren't in as they were in Examinership at the time this was formulated (and couldn't sign contracts)?

Wouldn't exaplin the other clubs not involved. As far as I can see there's no down side for clubs. Worst case is they get some free advertising. Best case is they sell a truckload of merchandise hassle free.

I hope it’s a success for all concerned but as previously posted, I have my doubts

Titan
29/10/2008, 3:36 PM
The lack of understanding of how economics works of some posters on here is frightening!

When you buy something in the club shop the club make (after VAT and other expenses) roughly 10-15% of the purchase price. Buying stuff in the club shop does not mean they get all the money!

The pack items were chosen for various reasons including:

Visibility
Quality
Difference to whats already available
Practicality for shipping

We were going to include a mug but the cost of shipping and the probability of breakages just made it impractical.

This idea isnt really aimed at the likes of us who will just wander into the club shop and buy a hat or a scarf or something. It'd be great if people like that buy the pack but we havent based our sales forecasts on this alone.

This is a brand new idea and to be honest we dont know if itl work or not (we think it will!). If it does work everyone wins. The clubs get lots of money for NOTHING, We make a few quid and supporters get good quality products.
If it doesnt work well......

John83
29/10/2008, 3:37 PM
I'd imagine Cork aren't in as they were in Examinership at the time this was formulated (and couldn't sign contracts)?

Wouldn't exaplin the other clubs not involved...
Correct on Cork. Galway were out because of contractual obligations to their kit supplier.

Wexford are the only club who could join but didn't.

mrtndvn
29/10/2008, 4:16 PM
The lack of understanding of how economics works of some posters on here is frightening!

When you buy something in the club shop the club make (after VAT and other expenses) roughly 10-15% of the purchase price. Buying stuff in the club shop does not mean they get all the money!

Visibility
Quality

We were going to include a mug but the cost of shipping and the probability of breakages just made it impractical.

This idea isnt really aimed at the likes of us who will just wander into the club shop and buy a hat or a scarf or something. It'd be great if people like that buy the pack but we havent based our sales forecasts on this alone.

This is a brand new idea and to be honest we dont know if itl work or not (we think it will!). If it does work everyone wins. The clubs get lots of money for NOTHING, We make a few quid and supporters get good quality products.
If it doesnt work well......

I like the idea, but its hugely overpriced. Im an excile myself these days, Im considering getting it, and i probably would of if it was cheaper. A price of around 50 - 60 euro would of convinced me.

now granted you couldnt give clubs 30 euro then, but Im not sure if you'll sell enough of them.

i think the membership, were you renew it every year with different items is a great idea. Maybe im not an excile long enough to want to pay over 80 euro for it

El-Pietro
29/10/2008, 5:29 PM
id actually quite like a cork city "luggage spotter" if i could buy one on its own - for about a 5er, thats the kind of cheap tat i love to buy when im in the club shop! handy for European trips - if we ever have one again

KianD
29/10/2008, 5:58 PM
id actually quite like a cork city "luggage spotter" if i could buy one on its own - for about a 5er, thats the kind of cheap tat i love to buy when im in the club shop! handy for European trips - if we ever have one again

Until you all have one, of course...

I'd be far more interested if the hat and scarf didn't have myteam.ie on them but I can see why they have it there.

oldyouth
29/10/2008, 6:07 PM
I'm not going to knock something out of hand before it has been fully launched. If people want to buy it, then fair play not a problem. Their club are benefiting happy days. Those clubs opting out might want to keep a direct involvement in the quality of products that represent their club

No one has explained what the affiliate card is, even though a few have asked. Another poster enquired as to why you didn't do a bit of market research here for free amongst your target market and finally, the branding of the stuff with the company website is a huge error.

Did you ever consider the thought of having the items individually for sale via mail order with a percentage to the club?

Jersey Cow
29/10/2008, 7:11 PM
I think its a good initiative, good luck to whoever is behind it even if it is a little pricey...

soccerc
29/10/2008, 7:32 PM

Whoa!

Are you saying that a club who purchase a scarf at €4 inc del and VAT and sell it for €10 inc VAT (if they are registered) will only have a net return of between 10-15%?

I've sourced many of the items on a like for like basis based on 100 pieces and if a club cannot come out with at least 60% margin they are doing something wrong.

Titan
30/10/2008, 8:36 AM
Whoa!

Are you saying that a club who purchase a scarf at €4 inc del and VAT and sell it for €10 inc VAT (if they are registered) will only have a net return of between 10-15%?

I've sourced many of the items on a like for like basis based on 100 pieces and if a club cannot come out with at least 60% margin they are doing something wrong.

If you can get a scarf at €4 including delivery and VAT then obviously you should make more. Heres a quick Sum to help clarify.

Sale price €10.00 inc VAT
VAT €1.15
Cost of goods EX VAT €4.25

Profit before overheads €4.60

This is fine if you dont have an actual shop but the example I was using was based on an actual club shop i.e. Drogheda or Cork or Limerick where there are overheads such as Rent,wages,Light etc etc.

Titan
30/10/2008, 8:48 AM
I'm not going to knock something out of hand before it has been fully launched. If people want to buy it, then fair play not a problem. Their club are benefiting happy days. Those clubs opting out might want to keep a direct involvement in the quality of products that represent their club

No one has explained what the affiliate card is, even though a few have asked. Another poster enquired as to why you didn't do a bit of market research here for free amongst your target market and finally, the branding of the stuff with the company website is a huge error.

Did you ever consider the thought of having the items individually for sale via mail order with a percentage to the club?

An affiliate card is a card that shows you are an affiliate of the club in question. Each club is treating them differently. Some are giving club shop discounts and all are organising discounts through their sponsors. The clubs will also run different offers through the season for Affiliates. Speak to your club for further info

We did market research. How do you know we didnt ask some of the posters on here? (We did) There is absolutely no way should market research of this kind be done on a PUBLIC internet forum.

We think this will work but if it doesnt the only people who lose is us. The products chosen are the best quality in their field and we hope people will recognise this when they actually see them in the flesh so to speak.

The Myteam.ie logo is on the hat and scarf to make them truly unique. If we didnt have it we would have been accused of just including a hat and scarf that could be bought in the club shop! Its like having Umbro on the Bohs jersey etc. So its right that was should get some extra advertising. When the scarf is worn you wont even see the myteam logo.

The whole point of this is that the clubs dont have to spend money on this. If we had tried to flog the stuff individually to clubs they (rightly) would have told us to take a hike!

Ash
30/10/2008, 9:15 AM
This is where I see the Affiliate Card causing problems ... discounts being
organised for people who paid €80 for items sold independently of the Club.

There are a lot of people who join various club membership schemes etc linked
with clubs and it might not go down too well when they are told that they only
qualify for this new discount card if they sign up to another deal which is not
even run by the club.

This isnt a critisim of myteam btw, I just reckon Clubs will have to be careful
what way they use this "affiliate card" ... as in people will be affialiated to the
Club by joining a mail order thing not actually run by the Club.

Hibs4Ever
30/10/2008, 11:30 AM
Quite like this, but total cost with delivery to Prague is 100 quid. Thats a bit much. I get all kinds of things delivered here from Dublin all the time and the myteam.ie delivery costs are definitely a bit ott

GenerationXI
30/10/2008, 11:37 AM

Visibility
Quality

I accept that there are practical considerations but there were many other unbreakable items which most clubs don't do and cost relatively little to ship: Mouse Mats and proper Gear Bags being the first items to spring to my mind. Or Gloves, while you're doing a hat and scarf. What football fan has never been cold? Jackman Park is the coldest spot in Limerick.

Well who is it based on then? This League of ours gets the kind of attendances the Catholic Church are moaning about. The fans we get go to the club shop. Who passes it out and goes home to buy their gear on the net?:confused:

Look, I think the pack is an amazing idea but the errors are glaring. Get rid of the pap, get people on here to make suggestions about the things they'd want in a pack they'd pay 100e for and you've got guaranteed sales right there. We all appreciate that you're trying to do somehting good but if you're not going to listen to the end user then your career in business is over before it starts.

All the best of luck with everything. :)

Titan
30/10/2008, 12:09 PM
I accept that there are practical considerations but there were many other unbreakable items which most clubs don't do and cost relatively little to ship: Mouse Mats and proper Gear Bags being the first items to spring to my mind. Or Gloves, while you're doing a hat and scarf. What football fan has never been cold? Jackman Park is the coldest spot in Limerick.

Well who is it based on then? This League of ours gets the kind of attendances the Catholic Church are moaning about. The fans we get go to the club shop. Who passes it out and goes home to buy their gear on the net?:confused:

Look, I think the pack is an amazing idea but the errors are glaring. Get rid of the pap, get people on here to make suggestions about the things they'd want in a pack they'd pay 100e for and you've got guaranteed sales right there. We all appreciate that you're trying to do somehting good but if you're not going to listen to the end user then your career in business is over before it starts.

All the best of luck with everything. :)

Agree with most of that. We actually manufacture mousemats and export them all over the world so we did consider that. The gloves was an Idea I really liked but no one else seemed to agree! THey'll be in next yeras even if I have to knit them myself! Gear bags can be bulky and the shipping cost is steep enough but again its a good idea and we will try it for next year.

Most of our marketing is overseas pre christmas so we are hoping for a lot of sales to come from that. It was never really intended to ask people who go to every game to shell out on this as they can most of the products in the club shop. Thats part of the reason we arent selling these packs in club shops.

I think for the next pack we will do a poll on here and ask for suggestions but as I am sure you know if you ask a 100 people you will get a 100 different answers. Still worth doing though. We couldnt do it pre launch for operational reasons that I cant go into here.

Titan
30/10/2008, 12:11 PM
Quite like this, but total cost with delivery to Prague is 100 quid. Thats a bit much. I get all kinds of things delivered here from Dublin all the time and the myteam.ie delivery costs are definitely a bit ott

Yeah the delivery charges are expensive outside of Ireland but we dont control that. Its the best price we could get without compromising the delivery times. As a matter of interest what would you usually pay for a delivery from Dublin of about 1kg?

oldyouth
30/10/2008, 3:53 PM
Thanks for clarifying the points I raised.

Just to let you know, members of the Youths Supporters Club (€10 adults & €5 kids) get 10% off all official merchandise as often as they like.

If the myteam logo can't be seen when it is worn, why have it???

I also never said that you should sell individual items to the clubs. I suggested selling them by mail order and giving a cut to the club.

Anyway, best of luck. Keep the profile of LOI clubs to the fore

oldyouth
30/10/2008, 3:56 PM
IOr Gloves, while you're doing a hat and scarf. What football fan has never been cold? Jackman Park is the coldest spot in Limerick.
They could do a special L37 hat with a powerful torch built in to it. The battery would need to last at least 60 minutes before it needs recharging:D

GenerationXI
05/11/2008, 12:42 PM
they could do a special l37 hat with a powerful torch built in to it. The battery would need to last at least 60 minutes before it needs recharging:d

lol:d

oldyouth
05/11/2008, 5:40 PM
lol:d
Taken in good spirit GenXI:) I keep getting infractions for stuff like that, so I'll have to stop

grounded
11/11/2008, 12:25 PM
I would be really interested in how many packs have been sold so far. Just a rough figure. It said on the site that 1.8m are going to go to LOI clubs through this over the next three years which would work out at 60000 packs.

Seems fairly high to me giving that it was mainly aimed at people living abroad.....

Dodge
11/11/2008, 12:29 PM
Seems fairly high to me giving that it was mainly aimed at people living abroad.....

And considering we'd be loucky to get 60,000 people to see any LOI game in a season

Pauro 76
19/11/2008, 9:09 AM
Reckon the LTFC beach towel looks great as does the gym bag. Surely a holdall is better than a luggage spotter? And the myteam.ie motif seems a bit dodgy.... its about the club you support, not the website.

sparkey
19/11/2008, 10:18 AM
I rang the myteam office and spoke to a really nice lady about buying some beach towels and the gear bags separately, as I was going to give them as Kriskringle presents to LTFC supporters in the family. (The house is all ready full of scarves, beanie hats etc.). She said that they were just trying to sell the packs, but that if in the next few weeks that they decide to start selling items individually that they would contact me.

Also was thinking that if myteam would sell them separately (beach towel and gear bags) that I would hand them out to customers as Christmas pressies instead of the usual bottle of Jemmie!