PDA

View Full Version : 1000 fans fundraiser

akearins
28/10/2008, 11:50 AM
lads, looking for some assistance from ye.Finalising the flyer for distributuion at the Shams game for Saturday evening.In case some of ye havent already heard the trust is facilitating a long term fundraiser.We are looking for 1000 fans to donate €2 a week to assist the club for next season.If we pull this off it will be one of the bigegst sponsors in the league and all funded by grass roots supporters.What I am looking for is a slogan for the venture...so any ideas welcome ASAP. Cheers

Inside Man
28/10/2008, 6:21 PM
Time $2 save the Bit'o red
-----
$2 a week, to get Rovers to its peak:cool::rolleyes:
???????????
?????????
??????
????
??
?

Rovers Maniac
28/10/2008, 6:25 PM
Time $2 save the Bit'o red
-----
$2 a week, to get Rovers to its peak:cool::rolleyes:
???????????
?????????
??????
????
??
?

Fool, €, You have not got a clue i seen your other post and i do wonder are you even a Rovers fan. ;)

Redkenrover
28/10/2008, 8:42 PM
lads, looking for some assistance from ye.Finalising the flyer for distributuion at the Shams game for Saturday evening.In case some of ye havent already heard the trust is facilitating a long term fundraiser.We are looking for 1000 fans to donate €2 a week to assist the club for next season.If we pull this off it will be one of the bigegst sponsors in the league and all funded by grass roots supporters.What I am looking for is a slogan for the venture...so any ideas welcome ASAP. Cheers

Unfortunately will miss the Rovers game at weekend, any chance the flyer will be available to view/download on the Trust website or Club website?

brianw82
28/10/2008, 9:40 PM
Ripped off from the Connacht rugby website:

"Football players - they're not just for Christmas"

Inside Man
28/10/2008, 11:41 PM
Fool, €, You have not got a clue i seen your other post and i do wonder are you even a Rovers fan. ;).
:p:D

sligoman
28/10/2008, 11:50 PM
"Give a little off the pitch, get a lot on it."

Probably too many words there:).

akearins
29/10/2008, 7:46 AM
will be avialable for download soon, or pm me your e-mail address and I will post it on

Paraic
29/10/2008, 8:50 AM
Alan

suggest something like "From grassroots to championships" - don't think it should be a begging bowl like 'support' or 'help' etc

also, needs to be separately identifiable from the 400 club, which from what you are saying is what your trying to achieve anyways

whatever you decide, send me the details when available and I'll publicise it on the official site.
Good luck with it
Paraic

Rovers Maniac
29/10/2008, 9:05 AM
Alan

suggest something like "From grassroots to championships" - don't think it should be a begging bowl like 'support' or 'help' etc

also, needs to be separately identifiable from the 400 club, which from what you are saying is what your trying to achieve anyways

whatever you decide, send me the details when available and I'll publicise it on the official site.
Good luck with it
Paraic

I really like that name actually as it expalins what the idea is about itself.

redobit
29/10/2008, 9:05 AM
As Zig and Zag used to say;

No amount to large

dublinred
29/10/2008, 9:38 AM
Rovers 252

Only1Rovers
29/10/2008, 11:30 AM
Taking Rovers 2 EUROpe..........

avvenalaf
29/10/2008, 12:43 PM
Taking Rovers 2 EUROpe..........

That'll do. Close the thread.

Rory H
29/10/2008, 5:24 PM
The road 2 Euro-pe.

2 euro-pe and beyond.

2 Euro for the Bit O'Red

2 Eur-o club

Alan Kearins and the 2 euro associates;D

showgies
29/10/2008, 6:46 PM
Two euro a week to keep us out of sh-it creek

showgies
29/10/2008, 6:56 PM
Let us Shine and Shine together

sligoman
09/11/2008, 6:11 PM
How did this go? Did many sign up?

Only1Rovers
10/11/2008, 10:29 AM
How does one get involved?

akearins
11/11/2008, 8:21 AM
Lads just thinking about how best to get this scheme going and seems the web will be the best option.I am working on an electronic subscription through Pay Pal buat also have a standing order form (which will be avialable on teh site soon). We all remember how , through the web, the wolfe tones a nation once again, was voted song of the millenium on the BBC through web votes, so just showed the power at our fingertips.

I have e-mailed some friends with teh standing order and information and asked them to forward it to as many contacts that they have who may be interested (if not on e-mail they can print off the form).

So if nayone else is interested acn the mail me at alan@thebitored.com and I will forward it to them.Then can then forward it to anyone they know who may be interested or print off the form and hand deliver it to fans who do not have web access.

Its important that all forms are returned to the fans bank to comemnce the standing order.If anyone has a problem getting the form back PM me and I'll collect it myself and bring it to their bank.

If successful this could go a long way to keeping Cooke and Carr

Keep an eye on the site for teh online subscription

Cheers lads for taking time to read this.

akearins
11/11/2008, 10:12 AM
28.5 cent today, it wouldn’t get you......................
26% of a Litre of petrol
6.5% of a pint of lager
0.4% of a Sligo Rovers replica jersey
1.5 % of an entry fee to Sligo Rovers home game
0.1% of a Sligo Rovers season ticket
.....but will go a long way towards securing the future of Sligo Rovers F.C.

Interested check out http://www.thebitored.com/?p=53

Inside Man
16/11/2008, 9:41 PM
Form can be downloaded herehttp://www.thebitored.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/standing-order-for-1000-club.pdf
I would hope all Rovers fans on this site take part in this venture. This is the start of something big.

Just as a matter of interest. When should the date for the commencement of the standing order be? When does it all hope to be up and running fully?

Inside Man
20/11/2008, 10:26 PM
Form can be downloaded herehttp://www.thebitored.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/standing-order-for-1000-club.pdf
I would hope all Rovers fans on this site take part in this venture. This is the start of something big.

Just as a matter of interest. When should the date for the commencement of the standing order be? When does it all hope to be up and running fully?
Has anyone signed up?

srfc1928
20/11/2008, 11:49 PM
Has anyone signed up?
i'll have 6 people signed up for next week

akearins
24/11/2008, 10:49 AM
latest on 1000 fans findraisning venture see comments at http://www.thebitored.com/?p=53#comment-16