PDA

View Full Version : Tried Common Sense now try What?

wws
13/09/2001, 10:08 AM
Last week's disciplinary meeting chose to apply, "common sense," to the situation and settled for fining St Patrick's £1,000.

So are we to assume that Shels, Galway and Derry are looking for no common sense to be applied to this situation?

The rules are clear
- Pats should be deducted 3 points

-with regard to the other 6 points it is the responsibility of the league to check their own registration records with the teamsheets supplied by the officials so the other 2 games were clearly due to FAI incompetence and maladministration...."the deduct 9 points brigade" are full of **** and their schardenfraude (is that what the germans call it?) will rebound on them big time when they inevitably **** up....as all Irish clubs do....we will remember those who wished to damage a fellow club beyond natural justice

-the possibility of fining Shels and the other appellant clubs should be explored as they are clearly muck raking in order to damage the league.....clear case of bringing the game into disrepute....the Commissioner must prove himself now (!)

Gerry Desmond
13/09/2001, 11:27 AM
The league and Roy Dooney appear to have painted themselves into a corner with this one, but I think it's hardly surprising that there have been appeals by certain clubs. It's probably better, however, to get all the appeals AND counter appeals out of the way now rather than later. Then we can concentrate on the court cases...:)

As a matter of (genuine) interest, how do Pats fans think their club(s) might have reacted if the roles were reversed and Derry, Shels or Galway had played an unregistered player against them?

Gerry

wws
13/09/2001, 12:21 PM
There is no way on earth I as a Pats fan would have demanded the 6 extra points from any other club (possibly bar Shels....cos they masterminded this latest farce..) for what was in fact FAI administrative incompetence.........its time league clubs copped on and stopped taking the revolver out to deal with a minor itch on their own feet

EddieL
13/09/2001, 4:07 PM
You are absolutely right,WWS,this is nothing but muck raking by Shels just for the sake of it,perhaps to get back at Pats over the Tim O'Flaherty incident in Tolka for which,if I remember correctly,the club were seeking legal advice.And I see Bohs are backing Shels on this...the very same club which flouted the rulebooks and refused to play us at Richmond at a time when we were blowing very hot,and they very cold.I don't recall them being punished for that,do you?As the saying goes,what goes around comes around, and those two will get theirs.