PDA

View Full Version : Tony Cousins

Kildareman
25/10/2008, 8:36 PM
After the departure of John Ryan for Kildare County, Tony Cousins has been appointed until the end of the season.
It should please some Galway fans or maybe even amuse them...

SMorgan
25/10/2008, 9:01 PM
TC shouldn't take the Galway abuse personally, because weren't they giving Kenna grief shortly after he arrived.

GuisaSaigon
25/10/2008, 9:54 PM
TC shouldn't take the Galway abuse personally, because weren't they giving Kenna grief shortly after he arrived.

do you ever give up? you must be the biggest WUM on here.
Kenna never got "grief" from us.
Cousins was a disaster of a manager, should have been sacked earlier. Commiserations to Kildare fans, if the Spoofer gets you playing the horrible hoofball he did with us god help you!

SMorgan
25/10/2008, 10:03 PM

What are you on about? It was in the Irish Indo that the Galway "fans" rounded on him during a game a few months back. I am not making this up.

Conor H
25/10/2008, 10:10 PM
What are you on about? It was in the Irish Indo that the Galway "fans" rounded on him during a game a few months back. I am not making this up.

Yes and they were wrong.Funny how you don't remember all the UTD fans giving out about the Indo making false claims.The chant of "You don't know what you're doing" was for Alan Kelly.The Indo reported it as being directed at Kenna.
You're obsession with GUFC is hilarious.

As for the spoofer going to Kildare.....:rolleyes:

gufcfan
25/10/2008, 10:10 PM
It was in the Irish Indo

So it must be true! :mad:

foxx92
25/10/2008, 10:22 PM
kenna has not one been doubted. Even when we werent getting the results we were playing better footbal than under that taximan!

christo
25/10/2008, 10:31 PM
Sounds like he is the man to save us from the drop so :(

foxx92
25/10/2008, 10:34 PM
commiserations...

Lim till i die
25/10/2008, 10:34 PM
Cousins was a disaster of a manager, should have been sacked earlier. Commiserations to Kildare fans, if the Spoofer gets you playing the horrible hoofball he did with us god help you!

In fairness I saw Galway fans give Kenna dogs abuse with my own eyes.

And they were bloody right to do it at the time aswell.

foxx92
25/10/2008, 10:37 PM
Kenna has recieved little abuse as a manager. Nothing on the scale that Cousins recieved.

Ceirtlis
25/10/2008, 10:39 PM
After the departure of John Ryan for Kildare County, Tony Cousins has been appointed until the end of the season.
It should please some Galway fans or maybe even amuse them...

Just to give abit of a more balanced opinion on him Kildareman, his record with us wasnt actually that bad. The style of "football" though was awful though. Alot of his signings didnt work out either, he used to sign injury prone players(probably because he thought that he couldnt get anyone else) who duly got injured. He might work out for ye, i would imagine he has alot of contacts in the eircom league between his years playing and as an assistant at Drogheda, he was involved with the u23 team last week. He wont have the excuse that he cant get players to come down the country if nothing else.

Lim till i die
25/10/2008, 10:42 PM
He might work out for ye, i would imagine he has alot of contacts in the eircom league between his years playing and as an assistant at Drogheda,

Might be able to get them a keeper :eek: :eek: :eek:

christo
25/10/2008, 10:46 PM
One injured keeper, one suspened keeper and one AWOL keeper, who is still technically at the club so I'm guessing we aren't allowed sign an emergancy keeper, he is also only in as a caretaker manager until the end of the season so he may not be manager for the transfer window to re-open

Lim till i die
25/10/2008, 11:00 PM
One injured keeper, one suspened keeper and one AWOL keeper, who is still technically at the club so I'm guessing we aren't allowed sign an emergancy keeper, he is also only in as a caretaker manager until the end of the season so he may not be manager for the transfer window to re-open

Who's the AWOL keeper??

There's one of yours that Limerick wouldn't mind signing I'd say...

gael353
25/10/2008, 11:05 PM
Jesus the cartel of managers with super dooper agent Pat Dolan got that clown Cousins a job? Ryan was a good manager and i dont see why some player or a reserve coach couldnt have been given the job with only three remaining. waste of money IM0

Lim till i die
25/10/2008, 11:09 PM
Jesus the cartel of managers with super dooper agent Pat Dolan got that clown Cousins a job? Ryan was a good manager and i dont see why some player or a reserve coach couldnt have been given the job with only three remaining. waste of money IM0

There must be some lunatic megalomaniac type involved who's promising them cash ;) :D

christo
25/10/2008, 11:10 PM
Who's the AWOL keeper??

There's one of yours that Limerick wouldn't mind signing I'd say...

Charlie Treacy

It was time that John moved on, bottom of the table worst performance of the clubs short history by a long way, he just wasn't able to get the best out of the players he had and I can't imagine Cousins is getting a lot if any money for his time at the club.

On a side not his brother Andy is manager of Newbridge Town at the age of 23 no less

WoodquayBoy
26/10/2008, 7:55 AM
You know, it will be funny for us Galway fans to see COusins in charge of Kildare, keep ye at the bottom of the league, lead ye into a play-off with Mervue United (a Galway junior club) and watch as they dump Kildare out of the League of ireland.
Obviously not funny from your point of view, but you'll have to excuse our laughter when he achieves that.
Are Dublin taxi plates permtted to pick up fares in Kildare?
'Taxi'
'Hey bud, where ya goin'
'Naas'
'Perfect bud, hop in, goin that way anyway'

pixiehead
26/10/2008, 10:33 AM

And they were bloody right to do it at the time aswell.

Back this Up??????? :mad:

gael353
26/10/2008, 12:13 PM
Back this Up??????? :mad:

Ill second it as i was there myself. :rolleyes: You still mad?

DRDoc
26/10/2008, 7:22 PM

Ive seen it myself

pixiehead
26/10/2008, 7:55 PM
Ive seen it myself

Theres always 2 or 3 gobsh1tes in every club. It doesnt mean all the fans went at it

geezer
26/10/2008, 9:18 PM
ah he truly was the pits, no charisma at all. One of his own signings at utd told me that he was the pits to work for always concentrating 100% on stopping the opposition from playing never ever encouraging people to go out and win. whoever awarded him a pro licence forgot to tell him that you have to score goals to win games. His teams were the worst i ever had to witness in 30 years going to LOI games

Kildareman
27/10/2008, 11:50 AM
To all those that believe Cousins appointment is a bad one for County please just look at the sharp decline in the last 4 seasons under Ryan. Also have a look at this seasons table and look at "goals against". Over 60 goals conceded. Ryan didnt hold one coaching badge, that i know of, and it was reflected in all his games. Thank god he's gone.

Lim till i die
27/10/2008, 6:34 PM
WAH!! WAH!! :mad:

:D

Lighten up, I said I agreed with ye at the time :rolleyes:

Lim till i die
27/10/2008, 6:36 PM
Ryan didnt hold one coaching badge, that i know of, and it was reflected in all his games.

If this is true (which I bet you diamonds it isn't) your club have been in breach of licensing.

Unless Cousins is doing it for free he's a ludicrous appointment.

christo
27/10/2008, 7:50 PM
If this is true (which I bet you diamonds it isn't) your club have been in breach of licensing.

Yeah I very much doubt that he didn't

Terry
27/10/2008, 7:50 PM
he's at long last been taken off our wage bill so he must be getting paid !

Lim till i die
27/10/2008, 8:38 PM
he's at long last been taken off our wage bill so he must be getting paid !

Shocking

eamo1
27/10/2008, 8:55 PM
He turned out to be a truly disastrous appointment for us.Who knows,maybe he has learned a few things such as:1-when you have small strikers its no use punting long high balls up to them all day:2-as someone said already,the object of the game is try SCORE:3-if tactics are not working make changes,have a plan B.

Battery Rover
27/10/2008, 8:56 PM

Up until the end of this season any new manager entering the league only needed a recognition of competence. From the start of the 2009 season managers in premier will have to hold A level and for the first will need A level. if a manager already has a recognition of competence it will still be recognised

He was the only manager not holding coaching badges operating in the league I believe as when I was at a seminar in the FAI it was mentioned there was only 1 person not holding qualifications and I cant think of another that doesnt

Mr Maroon
27/10/2008, 9:12 PM
He turned out to be a truly disastrous appointment for us.Who knows,maybe he has learned a few things such as:1-when you have small strikers its no use punting long high balls up to them all day:2-as someone said already,the object of the game is try SCORE:3-if tactics are not working make changes,have a plan B.
4. Signing a lot injury prone players may result in a lot of injuries :eek:

Lim till i die
27/10/2008, 9:32 PM
Up until the end of this season any new manager entering the league only needed a recognition of competence. From the start of the 2009 season managers in premier will have to hold A level and for the first will need A level. if a manager already has a recognition of competence it will still be recognised

He was the only manager not holding coaching badges operating in the league

Was lied to again

When will the lies end

WoodquayBoy
28/10/2008, 8:05 AM
4. Signing a lot injury prone players may result in a lot of injuries :eek:
5. Just because he's related to you doesn't mean he is any good, no matter how good a player you were in your day

steno
28/10/2008, 8:06 AM
Barry O'Connor does have some coaching badges as far as I know, but John Ryan I'm not so sure and I think thats why Ryan could stay in charge, but again not sure if thats 100% right.

Terry-Lander
28/10/2008, 9:23 AM
6. You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

JC_GUFC
28/10/2008, 10:26 AM
5. Just because he's related to you doesn't mean he is any good, no matter how good a player you were in your day

Did he sign his cousins?! v:o

To be honest I thought Cousins did a good job for us in Division 1 when he took over. We were playing decent football and went on a great run which nearly got us promoted on the field!! However when things started going badly in the Premier Division he didn't seem to have any ideas. If he was still in charge at this stage I think we'd already be relegated.

Best of luck to him at Kildare though.

WoodquayBoy
28/10/2008, 11:00 AM
Did he sign his cousins?! v:o

Just one of them, a certain M Leech