PDA

View Full Version : 90 minutes from Europe lads thats what its all about

gufct
25/10/2008, 3:29 PM
What a carrott for everyone at the club. You can play your part wear your colours with pride and dont leave your voice at home.

DRDoc
25/10/2008, 3:30 PM
I may be wrong - but my thinking is that you need to win the cup to get into europe, otherwise top four in the league get in

gufct
25/10/2008, 3:37 PM
your wrong doc it was suggested but never voted on.

gilberto_eire
25/10/2008, 4:27 PM
I may be wrong - but my thinking is that you need to win the cup to get into europe, otherwise top four in the league get in

I was reading about this lately and someone said ''it wasn't dismissed entirely, it's just not coming in this year, coming in the following year'' which in our case doesn't matter as long as it's not the forthcoming year! :D

eamo1
25/10/2008, 7:41 PM
We are DEFFO 90mins from Europe,it brings a smile just to think about it:).
Im part of the section in the new stand thats started to find its voice and has started some chants in recent matches.Derry have some long,nice catchy chants so we need to keep ours going too.
What a shame we have suspensions but thats not a excuse,we CAN still do it.CANT WAIT:).

foxx92
25/10/2008, 10:26 PM
too bad that our vocabulary of chants have only reached "united bang bang bangunited!". Theres going to be more people willing to start chants near the commentary box tomorrow! Lets get the atmosphere buzzin'!

Claret Murph
26/10/2008, 4:30 AM
[QUOTE=eamo1;1047164]
Im part of the section in the new stand thats started to find its voice and has started some chants in recent matches.QUOTE]

Don't worry Eamo1 I will be right there with you , I just hope those over in the old stand will give us a song or two we always seem to have to carry them in the new stand ;);)

wonder88
26/10/2008, 12:09 PM
can't wait. I was worried all yesterday that match would have to be called off. Hope the lads really go for it and that the galway public will finally bother to go and support their local team. This is european qualifier and with the lads missing it will be difficult, but the way they have been playing recently they can do it. Was at the semi 2 years ago in sligo against derry and the atmosphere was mighty hope we can have some of the same today. Getting ready for match now.

Rovers fan
26/10/2008, 6:26 PM
We're all of to europe!

Ah no,it wasn't a great game but derry did dominate in the second half and should have scored a few more. Though ye weren't far from nicking an equaliser towards the end and had 1 great chance in the 1st half. Any idea what the attendance was? Good,loud crowd up from derry.

pixiehead
26/10/2008, 6:46 PM
We're all of to europe!

Ah no,it wasn't a great game but derry did dominate in the second half and should have scored a few more. Though ye weren't far from nicking an equaliser towards the end and had 1 great chance in the 1st half. Any idea what the attendance was? Good,loud crowd up from derry.

Not too sure what thre crowd was. The PA said it but it was too loud too hear. It looked around 4000 anyhow. Ya, great City support. Very noisey and a respectable bunch. Good on them!!!

DRDoc
26/10/2008, 7:16 PM
How far are Galway from europe now?

Is it even quantifiable?

Mr Maroon
26/10/2008, 7:19 PM
How far are Galway from europe now?

Is it even quantifiable?
No chance of Europe next season

eamo1
26/10/2008, 10:52 PM
Derry fans were sound afterwards in the Menlo pk,even though i couldnt understand what they were saying half the time:).One Derry guy was wearing a dress but i suppose whatever hes into:p.
My Ratings for us.
Rodgers:6
Conneely:7
Keane:6
kenna:6
Sinnott:6
Foley:6
Lester:7
O,Shea:6
Jorgensen:6/5
Keane:6/5
Faherty:6
Derry were just too physical for us and brushed us off the ball with ease.Still im confident we can a draw up there next Sunday with our regulars back.
And shock horror-this is the first time ive ever said these words:ALAN KELLY HAD A GOOD GAME:eek: