PDA

View Full Version : LTFC vs Shels, the rain in spain falls in Longford?

RonnieB
25/10/2008, 10:40 AM
Hola,

Hosting Shels tonight in our penultimate home game. Any chance of this game being off? We have had some severe downpours over the last week and today is nice and stormy with a lot of rain since late last night.

Anyone have an inside line as to a pitch inspection?

Longfordian
25/10/2008, 11:47 AM
Game is OFF. Refixed for Monday at 6.00 p.m.

www.ltfc.ie

sligoman
27/10/2008, 11:08 AM
How's the weather? Much chance of it called off again?

Massop 10
27/10/2008, 11:23 AM
All looks good ! Dry at the moment, a bit overcast and a few spots of rain now and again but nothing worth worrying about !!
See you later if your traveling down :)

Keen2win
27/10/2008, 12:43 PM
Is there any chance of us having more fans than Shels?:eek:

RonnieB
27/10/2008, 12:52 PM
I hope they bring hundreds, the more cash the better. Dont know if I am going to make it for 6. Hopefully I will...

Martinho II
27/10/2008, 7:37 PM
just back from the game.. a huge travellin support from shels easily one of the bigger crowds of the season.. when daire doyle scored from a header it was lookin good.. but :(we were not great defensively at all during match so there was very little surprise when shels equalised.. then that gob****e freeman scores the winner we gave him way too space to shoot...

so the long drought for a home win continues. hope that we beat this jinx at the last home game of the season...:(

sligoman
27/10/2008, 9:50 PM
Oladele looks a good player, what age is he?

Longfordian
28/10/2008, 1:36 AM
He's 18/19 I think Sligoman. Didn't get to the game myself tonight but I heard that the Town played some excellent stuff at times and it was a very entertaining game?. Vinny's spell in charge has seen a definite upturn in performances. Hopefully he'll get the nod for the permanent gig.

Martinho II
28/10/2008, 4:51 PM
Oladele looks a good player, what age is he?

we got jay from st pats.. a very good prospect.. heard that he was dropped from kildare co game last week as he wasnt the best at attendin trainin sessions...hopefully the kid will push on and learn from the errors of his youth...

Salmon Coloured
29/10/2008, 8:29 PM
"hopefully the kid will push on and learn from the errors of his youth...",

The irony of any member of section O referring to learning about the errors of youth has allowed me this evening more than a wry chuckle at such a nugget of philosophy. While were at it lets get Hitler out of the grave & have him give a lecture on social engineering. Anybody got flashlights & some shovels?