PDA

View Full Version : New African signings

Counting Crow
15/10/2003, 9:23 PM
When will we get to see them playing I wonder?

Seems strange to have JJ sitting on the bench. If he's worth signing I'd have thought he would have gotten a run by now.

They're only here 'till the end of the season and isn't there someting about non European nationals that if they don't play a certain % of games the Club cannot renew their contracts......we're running out of time.

The Echo has it tonight that our second African arrived in today.

.......MUST BE TRUE SO!

sadloserkid
16/10/2003, 10:56 AM
Well I saw your two new arrivals play against UL yesterday in a 21s match. Both caught the eye, one scoring a good goal and the other showing some good feet and a desire to go forward in central midfield. Didn't mind the rough stuff either. You could be on to something with them.

tiktok
16/10/2003, 1:45 PM
I'd imagine if they're young enough that the u21 games would fulfill the % games criteria CC. on the same point, when city aren't fully professional it might not apply because the argument can't really be made that they are denying an irish/EU national a full time position.

pete
16/10/2003, 1:52 PM
AFAIK that percentage rule is a UK thing i.e. non-EU nationals can more or less only get work permits if they played in X% of internationals in last 2 years or something. This may part of reason very few young non-EU players play in the UK & go to Spain, France etc... instead.

Maybe Dodge can give a run down & rules for irish work permits?

Dodge
16/10/2003, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by pete
Maybe Dodge can give a run down & rules for irish work permits?
Basically football is treated like any other business in Ireland. There are no special rules for footballers. If they continue to pay him, and he continue's to pay tax, he can stay with Cork as long as they like.

The Uk has a vastly more complicated system but here its straight forward enough (enough if it does take a while...)

Éanna
16/10/2003, 2:03 PM
saw the two of them at the U21 game yesterday. Chidoze Yukoh (sp?) scored the goal, great finish it was too- he was playing ujp front and looked strong and pacey. Michael N****wo was playing centre mid and looks to have a nice left foot on him. he covered acres of grass, he was all over the pitch. very impressive.

NorthoftheLee
16/10/2003, 4:00 PM
thats good to hear...

now will anyone let us know the final score of this game????;)

joe
16/10/2003, 8:12 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee

now will anyone let us know the final score of this game????;)

maybe if you bought the echo (;)) you'd know it finished 1-1 with Chedozie Ukon grabbing an equaliser for City 10 minutes from the end

NorthoftheLee
17/10/2003, 8:10 AM
Originally posted by Joe
maybe if you bought the echo () you'd know it finished 1-1

NEVER!!!!!!!!!:D

I now rely on your U21 updates on foot.ie.....getting slack Joe getting Slack :D