PDA

View Full Version : youths v mons

mr pink
24/10/2008, 1:19 AM
anyone know if we have players missing for this game ,or have we a full squad to pick from:D

The Optimist
24/10/2008, 7:05 AM
Conor Sinnott and Patsy Malone are suspended for this game.And of course Paul Murphy who is on the long term injury list.

oldyouth
24/10/2008, 7:35 AM
This is a very big game and we could go 6th by the end of the season if we can beat Mons tonight. Hopefully the lads still have a bit left in the tank after a long season. Anto moving in to midfield???

Youths4Ever
24/10/2008, 10:36 AM
Conor and Pasty both big losses experience wise combine that with few players no longer involved could be some very inexperienced players on the pitch tonight

dublin_owl
24/10/2008, 11:04 AM
I reckon if we tell the Mons lads they have to warm up out on the N11, with no high-viz vests, we can expect the three points! ;)

passinginterest
24/10/2008, 11:13 AM
Will be an interesting team selection tonight. I supposeone of the most likely thinks would be Chris Kenny back in at right back, maybe Stuey in at center half and push Anto into the middle. Alternatively start Shane Dempsey in the middle. I have a feeling it'll be Tiernan Rossiter getting his first start though. Which will probably mean the end of Shane Dempsey and Stuey with the youths, to add to the ever growing number of lads who have walked or been forced out in the last few months. It's the most worrying thing about the club at the moment.

oldyouth
24/10/2008, 12:12 PM
. Which will probably mean the end of Shane Dempsey and Stuey with the youths, to add to the ever growing number of lads who have walked or been forced out in the last few months. It's the most worrying thing about the club at the moment.
As long as we remain amateur, a high turnover of players will always be a feature. How can you discipline players, when they are not being paid. Also, if other opportunities come up, there is only the love of the club to keep them. Don't get me wrong, I think we should remain amateur for the foreseeable future, but I for one wouldn't take any of the abuse I believe is being dished out

passinginterest
24/10/2008, 2:10 PM
As long as we remain amateur, a high turnover of players will always be a feature. How can you discipline players, when they are not being paid. Also, if other opportunities come up, there is only the love of the club to keep them. Don't get me wrong, I think we should remain amateur for the foreseeable future, but I for one wouldn't take any of the abuse I believe is being dished out

I don't think there would be a big problem with disciplining players, just leave them out for a game or two. The problem as you've pointed out is the way they're, allegedly, being treated, we all know who the problem is, why he's being let away with it is anyones guess.

A big turnover of players is inevitable, but ours isn't big, it's bloody massive. Why rush so many under 18's into the squad when they have capable older players? In a few months we'll start to hear about players being exhausted having played in three under 18 competitions, the under 20 league and the first team. For all the good Wallace does sometimes you have to question his thinking.

oldyouth
25/10/2008, 2:08 PM
I don't think there would be a big problem with disciplining players, just leave them out for a game or two. The problem as you've pointed out is the way they're, allegedly, being treated, we all know who the problem is, why he's being let away with it is anyones guess.

A big turnover of players is inevitable, but ours isn't big, it's bloody massive. Why rush so many under 18's into the squad when they have capable older players? In a few months we'll start to hear about players being exhausted having played in three under 18 competitions, the under 20 league and the first team. For all the good Wallace does sometimes you have to question his thinking.
I agree with most of what you say but my point is that when you drop an amateur player for a few games, they usually bugger off permanently