PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Final tickets

Dodge
15/10/2003, 8:47 AM
Pats have East Stand. Longford have West. Terraces are closed.

Tickets priced €20 for Adults and €5 for kids.

Pats, at least, have them on sale now.

The €5 kids ticket is very good value.

Dodge
15/10/2003, 11:15 AM
ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.ie/cgi/asp_events/byid.asp?event_id=18003749DB1857E1&category=SPORT)

Actually terraces are open. Still 20 euro though

Macy
15/10/2003, 11:30 AM
unreserved seating too.....

Hung Daddy
15/10/2003, 2:00 PM
Why in the name of God is the cup final being played at Landsdowne Rd, why not hire Tolka or Dalymount instead of giving money to the IRFU?

Dodge
15/10/2003, 2:22 PM
Because they'd rather give the money to the FAI than Ollie, and Dalymount is a ****ing kip.

Its the right thing to do. market it properly and we'll get a huge crowd (all previous lansdowne finals have got them)

Macy
15/10/2003, 2:22 PM
Money to shels, or the IRFU.... Hmmmm IRFU would be my preference, particularly after all the money Ollie blagged last season....

kdjaC
16/10/2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Hung Daddy
Why in the name of God is the cup final being played at Landsdowne Rd, why not hire Tolka or Dalymount instead of giving money to the IRFU?

That is the stupidest thing i have heard in a while.

Why not ask the 4000 fans who couldnt get tickets for the last 3 FAI cup finals that were in Tolka.

Even if only 10K go to this it makes a profit with an est: 20k going it makes sense.

kdjac

Gary
16/10/2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Dodge

Its the right thing to do. market it properly and we'll get a huge crowd (all previous lansdowne finals have got them)

Will it be marketed properly Dodge. Probably no, execpt in syringe i chore and Longford. The rest of the country, as always, will turn its noses up at it. Its a pity that the "showcase" final will be played in a 3/4 empty stadium. The finals is in 10 days like, and no hype.

Dodge
16/10/2003, 1:07 PM
Well in fairness, there's no point hyping it in Cork (for example) as its very unlikely people will travel to the game from Cork based on a few ads...

Its up to the clubs to sell it to their fans and the FAI to sell it to the dublin sporting public. Not overly confident about that myself but we'll see

max power
16/10/2003, 1:40 PM
if there is a ref and two teams and we lift the cup i don't care if antone else turns up, the result is all that matters to me.