PDA

View Full Version : Paul Williams (Sunday World)

Royal rover
23/10/2008, 11:32 AM
He recently released a new book about crime gangs throughout ireland - to be honest i have never really paid much attention to whats in the papers about gangland activity - because at this stage it's a daily occurance , i have to say overall it's an excellent incite in to what's happened and happening around the country , the book itself pays particular attention to the limerick feud , i have to admit i was appalled at some of the stories produced, he raises a very valid point throughout the book that individuals operating in this industry have absolutely no value on life - and in a nutshell the situation is out of control - he also describes how so many murder trials have collapsed due to witness intimadation. To summerise Williams has said that we now have a new brand of criminals who are a law to themselves . Having lived in south london (Brixton) for some time i can honestly say that the cops had a better hold on things - although there is a huge amount of drugs available on the streets - this is tolerated to keep some sort of control on the situaton as far as i was told - anyone who's being in brixton will know what i mean, it seems the only way to tackle this is to offer some leniency , anyone any thoughts on this?

dahamsta
23/10/2008, 12:35 PM
i have to say overall it's an excellent incite in to what's happened and happening around the countryROFL. Unintentional Pun of the Month.

Paul Williams is a media whore, period. I'd no more put money in his pocket by buying one of his books than I'd vote Fianna Failure.

adam

Sheridan
23/10/2008, 12:55 PM
Paul Williams is an egomaniacal Elliott Ness fantasist and almost as much of a Garda mouthpiece as Reynolds. I saw him on the Late Late Show with that bloke from the CAB once and he was practically tossing him off on live TV.

pete
23/10/2008, 1:41 PM
Not a fan of the tabloids and only read his article once but even I was embarrassed by the grammar. I presume he has a proof reader for his book.

Currently reading Gomorrah (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gomorrah-Italys-Other-Roberto-Saviano/dp/0330450999/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224769192&sr=1-1) about the Neapolitan crime syndicates. Good read about their reach into globalised commerce.

Aberdonian Stu
24/10/2008, 11:22 AM
I saw the film Gomorra, which I think is based on the book you cited, and it was well worth watching.

Da Real Rover
25/10/2008, 3:40 PM
Paul Williams and the Sunday Spoof are jokes.
He has zero credibility and fabricates stories to arouse middle Ireland.

dahamsta
25/10/2008, 3:48 PM
The problem is that he has credibility with so-called middle Ireland. The problem is that the likes of George Hook still feature him on their shows despite the constant stream of bull that comes out of his mouth. As long as they continue to give his ilk airtime they don't deserve, people will still be "learning" complete crap and continuing to vote like idiots (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=104322).

Of course the best thing we could all do now is stop replying to this thread and let it die. Idiots like Williams feed on both negative and positive energy, they live by the creed that any publicity is good publicity. Pathetic, but in this day and age it works.

adam

Da Real Rover
25/10/2008, 3:52 PM
The problem is that he has credibility with so-called middle Ireland. The problem is that the likes of George Hook still feature him on their shows despite the constant stream of bull that comes out of his mouth. As long as they continue to give his ilk airtime they don't deserve, people will still be "learning" complete crap and continuing to vote like idiots.

Unfortunately that is all true. :(

Rovers1
26/10/2008, 12:50 PM
The Sunday World is a rag full of gossip and "oh did ya hear about yer man" stories..pure and utter bull. As for yer man Curtis in the sports pages, well......enough said!!!!!!

BohsPartisan
27/10/2008, 9:08 AM
He hangs out in Molloys, Talbot Lane/Talbot St. whoring after detectives from Store St. Garda Station.