PDA

View Full Version : White shirts must go!

brine2
14/10/2003, 4:14 PM
Holland - Ireland, 1988
Italy - Ireland, 1990
Holland - Ireland, 1994
Holland - Ireland, 1995
Spain - Ireland, 2002
Switzerland - Ireland, 2003

The white shirts have to go!

Daxion
14/10/2003, 4:26 PM
And what colour would you suggest? When the opposition colours clash as was the case on Saturday night (for B/W TV)

Oh no, not the Orange ones, that we played in against Macedonia, when we got beaten 3-2 and McAteer was S/O for his "flying midair tackle" :ball:

ger121
14/10/2003, 4:36 PM
yellow, to match the performance on Saturday :D :D :D

lopez
15/10/2003, 8:53 PM
2-0 win against Portugal in 1992. A friendly, but the lads all had a stinking hangover and Figo was playing.:D :D :D

NeilMcD
16/10/2003, 9:22 AM
i think we wore green shirts against holland in 88, but i get your point

pineapple stu
16/10/2003, 8:35 PM
Tis gas - I said to another lad when the teams were coming out that we weren't going to win because we were wearing white!:(

Jayce
16/10/2003, 9:16 PM
I thought they looked quite nice - better than the green pinstriped thing that's the current official strip.

If the FAI watched Trinny and Susannah they would know that horizontal stripes make you look fatter than normal.

the 12 th man
17/10/2003, 7:22 AM
if the colour of our shirts was our only problem (me thinks not):D :D :D :D

Pogsly
17/10/2003, 3:59 PM
White definitely has to go - How about adopting a snazzy deep red colour similar to neighbours across the water . Perhaps not . Rangers have stylish Blue Home jersey at the mo ... again maybe not . We need to go back to the Addidas jerseys the Original and the best .

By the by we wore green against Holland in 88 . Do youz not remember the immortal picture of Chris Hughton skinning the Great Dreadlocked Predator Ruud Gullit in Gelksenkircken .

those were the days my friend , we thought they'd .......

:(

Junior
17/10/2003, 9:50 PM
Originally posted by Pogsly
We need to go back to the Addidas jerseys the Original and the best .

Nah, The Oneills jersey, with white and yellow alternate pinstripe, thats the one....qualify for Germany with that one, no bother!!!

lopez
17/10/2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Junior
Nah, The Oneills jersey, with white and yellow alternate pinstripe, thats the one....qualify for Germany with that one, no bother!!!

Sorry Junior, but it was adidas in our campaign for Germany. O'Neills ceased at the Denmark game in 85.

One of their specimens was the green shirt with the gold bar accross the chest which was used just for the Norway game that year. It was an abysmal performance but the story was that someone said to Eoin Hand 'yer team looked just like Kerry...shame they couldn't fekin play like 'em.':D :D :D :D

petef
17/10/2003, 10:49 PM
Its only a bloody jersey at the end of the day.

Junior
18/10/2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by lopez
Sorry Junior, but it was adidas in our campaign for Germany. O'Neills ceased at the Denmark game in 85.

One of their specimens was the green shirt with the gold bar accross the chest which was used just for the Norway game that year. It was an abysmal performance but the story was that someone said to Eoin Hand 'yer team looked just like Kerry...shame they couldn't fekin play like 'em.':D :D :D :D

Didn't realise that, however the reference to Germany was meant as WC06.

lopez
18/10/2003, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by Junior
Didn't realise that, however the reference to Germany was meant as WC06.

Me thinks me needs a pair of glasses.:o