PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Democracy - at last?

Pauro 76
22/10/2008, 8:07 AM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a132294/guns-n-roses-album-released-in-november.html

Those song names dont sound too promising. Is it any good? Can it be any good? is this now the most expensive album of all time?

noby
22/10/2008, 8:15 AM
Oh right, this is in the Music forum, not the Current Affairs forum. Damn that 'New Posts' button.

sadloserkid
22/10/2008, 2:02 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a132294/guns-n-roses-album-released-in-november.html

Those song names dont sound too promising. Is it any good? Can it be any good? is this now the most expensive album of all time?

I'll believe it when I see it, plenty of release dates have come and gone for 'Chinese Democracy/2000 Intentions' since 'The Spaghetti Incident?' in 1993. 'Madagascar' is a cool song though. If it is released I'll definitely buy it but it can't possibly live up to the wait. Wholly irrelevant now too of course. :)

anto1208
22/10/2008, 2:15 PM
Ive heard some of it but ill need to hear the actual finished version like all the other guns albums there will be some good songs some fairly average songs.

either way i dont think any album could live up to the cost/wait and i wont actualy belive its out untill i have it in my hand

There is one song in guitar hero world tour so thats a plus point :D

Newryrep
22/10/2008, 3:57 PM
Of the nine songs I have there is only one I didnt like (track 2), definetly grows on you the more you listen, best album I have heard in a long long while*

*this was the unoffical version accidently released

max power
23/10/2008, 10:41 AM
Release date is set for Nov 23..............AT FCUKIN LAST !!!!!

GenerationXI
23/10/2008, 11:30 AM
Not a chance. Axel Rose has discovered the best kep secret in the world. If you keep promising something and throwing out a legitimate reason for it's delay then it soon becomes the most awaited anything ever!!! He could buy release an album full of folk/rap hybrid tracks now and if he called it chinese democracy everyone would buy it because who wants to have to tell their kids they didn't buy the most hotly anticipated cd of all time when it came out? Genius, the man's a genius.

They;ve played a lot of stuff live, which, by all accounts is fairly solid. But, as SLK said, he's in danger of nobody really caring at all now.

sadloserkid
23/10/2008, 11:42 AM
Release date is set for Nov 23..............AT FCUKIN LAST !!!!!

Release dates have come and gone before, I'm still not anywhere near convinced.

But, as SLK said, he's in danger of nobody really caring at all now.

Myself and the Longford lads still care. Which makes me a bit :o about labelling their town an early 90s timewarp a few weeks ago...:eek:

sadloserkid
23/10/2008, 12:35 PM
Damn you all I'm starting to believe... :eek::)

Potential single? (http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQ5-8ctG4c)

15 Best Buy ads... (http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=dFhu49Mplpk&feature=related)

Jofspring
23/10/2008, 12:37 PM
first official play of new single on today fm in a few minutes :cool:

Jofspring
23/10/2008, 12:41 PM
on now!!!

gustavo
23/10/2008, 12:53 PM
TQQ5-8ctG4c

this it?

max power
23/10/2008, 1:25 PM
Release dates have come and gone before, I'm still not anywhere near convinced.

Myself and the Longford lads still care. Which makes me a bit :o about labelling their town an early 90s timewarp a few weeks ago...:eek:

Come to the dark side, now that you believe and the the world will change on Nov 23;)

Newryrep
23/10/2008, 3:54 PM
TQQ5-8ctG4c

this it?

Erm track 2 the only one I didnt like

sadloserkid
23/10/2008, 6:16 PM
Come to the dark side, now that you believe and the the world will change on Nov 23;)

I've managed to convince myself again that it won't be released. It's just easier this way. Hope I'm wrong though. And that it's at least half way decent so that you don't have to deal with every muso on the planet sneering and turning their nose up at it. Though they inevitably will anyway.

anto1208
24/10/2008, 10:28 AM
Well Axl and Izzy where allways the main stay of guns so im expecting good things from axl. Dont think izzy had any imput into this album but since him and axl started hanging around with each other again a few years back i wouldnt be surprised if he helped out a bit. He has played a good few gigs with them recently. Plus he has done some stuff with the other guys aswell.

Allthough highly unlikely i wouldnt rule out a re-union which would be the biggest one of my time.

Lionel Ritchie
24/10/2008, 10:53 AM
Erm track 2 the only one I didnt like

Wow ...he only needed 15 years to come up with that?:confused:

It starts like Frankie Goes To Hollywoods 'Warriors of the Wasteland' (now there's a tune the world remembers) then drifts into something suspiciously similar to Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reactions 'Prime Mover' before taking on water and listing into something that counterpoints the simple honesty of Limehouse Lizzy before sinking into matter Billy Corgan would've shunned for B-side contention in favour of something wrote and sung by James Iha or D'Arcy.

Pauro 76
24/10/2008, 10:54 AM
Good days for retro rock with AC/DC releasing their finest album for yonks this week and now this. Im actually looking forward to this.

Newryrep
24/10/2008, 11:41 AM
Wow ...he only needed 15 years to come up with that?:confused:

It starts like Frankie Goes To Hollywoods 'Warriors of the Wasteland' (now there's a tune the world remembers) then drifts into something suspiciously similar to Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reactions 'Prime Mover' before taking on water and listing into something that counterpoints the simple honesty of Limehouse Lizzy before sinking into matter Billy Corgan would've shunned for B-side contention in favour of something wrote and sung by James Iha or D'Arcy.

or alternatively its stinks

Lionel Ritchie
24/10/2008, 11:57 AM
or alternatively its stinks

I prefer my more devastating slant. Though your concision has much by way of truth.

:cool:

sadloserkid
20/11/2008, 2:20 PM
'Chinese Democracy' surprisingly decent at first listen! :eek:

Pauro 76
20/11/2008, 2:30 PM
I'm actually liking it so far. Madagascar is an excellent track.

sadloserkid
20/11/2008, 2:32 PM
I'm actually liking it so far. Madagascar is an excellent track.

Yeah there's been some good live versions of that floating around for a while. Gotta say that it beats all sorts of stuff out of Velvet Revolver...

max power
21/11/2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah there's been some good live versions of that floating around for a while. Gotta say that it beats all sorts of stuff out of Velvet Revolver...

Do you believe yet;)

sadloserkid
21/11/2008, 9:08 PM
Do you believe yet;)

Forgive me my doubts Axl! :)

Wolfie
24/11/2008, 12:10 PM
Forgive me my doubts Axl! :)

It defies logic that this could by any good, surely?

Even if it is - shouldn't he do the right thing and relinguish the band name. Its not GNR anymore.

anto1208
24/11/2008, 12:33 PM
It defies logic that this could by any good, surely?

Even if it is - shouldn't he do the right thing and relinguish the band name. Its not GNR anymore.

Well not really Axl was allways the most talented along with Izzy. Slash allthough a great guitar player isnt a great song writter.

the name was one of the things that split them up axl made them sign legal documents saying he owned the name.

Im not sure on the album some of it is very good in fairness but it is closer to the long over the top songs from illusion than the gutter rat style on appetite.

Ill still give it a good listen since ive waited this long for it.

sadloserkid
26/11/2008, 2:22 PM
I'm enjoying it more with further listens. It's not amazingly good but it probably is the best record I've heard this year.

Pauro 76
26/11/2008, 3:37 PM
Repeated listens it's all beginning to make sense. Preferring the heavier numbers, Streets of Dreams sounds very dated. But a strange one is that on Madagascar, the same sample as 'Civil War' is being used again. 'What we've got here is failure to communicate', why rehash old ideas again?